Tross:
you planet you,

Ok.

I wrote some hedging and reversal into GoblinFibo1.2

I tried it two different ways.

First Way

2. Place first order normally

3. If second order is required place it opposite

4. Reverse again for every subsequent order.

This showed decent results with the right settings.

Takeprofit was lower, Stoploss was higher, and I used MaxLossPerOrder.

Profitable trades on long/short and both were over 90%

Drawdowns were 6-15% depending on settings.

Testing with 99% modelling.

Second Way

1. Place first order normally

2. If second order is required, check trend, place order appropriately

3. Check trend before placing subsequent orders as required.

Results here were not as good.

Tried a variety of settings, still seemed to take some very large account hits.

I wanted to see what direction you were going with your next revision.

Also wanted to get this info out, as I'm too busy to post many results or versions. Moving, xmas, etc. etc.

Tross

Without going into too much dreadful detail, the hedge monitor I'm developing is based on pre-defined gain/loss barriers and hedge orders are triggered dynamically as needed. It uses a multi-dimensional array (Ticket Stack) that continuously tracks the state of every open order with an eye on the ones that decide to misbehave. I want to build this as a universal function that could be dropped into virtually any EA framework and configured with a few extern parameters.

bluto:
Without going into too much dreadful detail, the hedge monitor I'm developing is based on pre-defined gain/loss barriers and hedge orders are triggered dynamically as needed. It uses a multi-dimensional array (Ticket Stack) that continuously tracks the state of every open order with an eye on the ones that decide to misbehave. I want to build this as a universal function that could be dropped into virtually any EA framework and configured with a few extern parameters.

hi, bluto

"universal function" is fantastic, this function is as important as strategy of EA, i appreciate your hard work to this EA.

giapel

Wackena:
pluto is the originator of this thread and I do not want to post non-authorized versions of Goblin. I will post ideas and concepts for consideration, but it must be pluto's decision whether to use or not. Wackena

What is GAP settings? How it working?

tomstaufer,

I posted some Fibo code a few pages back.

I also posted some backtest results.

If it's ok with Bluto,(?) I will post the version I have been testing with. I'm currently running it live, micro.

Also forward micro testing 4 other pairs.

Keep in mind that your TP has to be high enough now to cover previous losses in the progression. You'll find while backtesting that a TP less than 30-35 can result in losses even while winning the last trade.

I've also changed the MM system, it no longer depends on what you choose for "AccountIsNormal" but only on what your "Lots" equal, ie. 1, .1 or .01.

I will be altering Bluto's latest revision when it comes out for Fibo progression, if I see a request for it, I can post the Fibo version. I will also try and set it up as an option, to take some of the work load from Bluto.

multi dimensional arrays, fun fun !

I'll enjoy looking at that

Cijas;

I may PM the GoblinFibo1.2-DumbHedge to a few people.

Just for something to test, it is fun.

*EDIT* Doesn't seem to be possible to PM files to people, sorry guys.

Tross

Many requests for this.

This is only to play with till we see another revision from Bluto. (no pressure!)

It reverses order placement in the progression after every order is placed.

It also introduces the Dynamic Pips that I have been using.

What that does is changes the pips between orders in a progression depending on the High and Low of the pair over the last 24 hours, within a range that you decide (DefaultPips)

If false it will use DefaultPips just like you'd expect.

This acts completely different from Goblin, Orders aren't closed until they are profitable or hit a SL/MaxOrderLoss.

I don't use this live.

Tross

oH HO Strange EA

Tross:
Many requests for this.

This is only to play with till we see another revision from Bluto. (no pressure!)

It reverses order placement in the progression after every order is placed.

It also introduces the Dynamic Pips that I have been using.

What that does is changes the pips between orders in a progression depending on the High and Low of the pair over the last 24 hours, within a range that you decide (DefaultPips)

If false it will use DefaultPips just like you'd expect.

This acts completely different from Goblin, Orders aren't closed until they are profitable or hit a SL/MaxOrderLoss.

I don't use this live.

Tross

I backtested it and it seems to reverse order without trying to find the trend or the counter trend.

Only one question : why do you talk of hedge ?

It's not a currencie hedge so i guess it's perfect hedge as buy and sell of the same currencie ?

But in the backtest i didn't see a buy and sell order at same time.

Wackena:
I've been playing around with Goblin code to see if putting a limit on TrendVal variable that could prevent trades during volatile market. I was able to backtest this last week of 2006.12.03 - 2006.12.08 with the NFP news and results were very similar to Demo results. With TrendVal limit, Goblin was able to avoid the Big Hit from NFP news on Friday. Trade volume was down ~40%, but the ending balance was good and MaxDrawDown% decreased from ~27% to ~1.4%

Goblin-H1-GU-Exp1 is backtest as is.

Goblin-H1-GU-Exp2 is with TrendVal limit.

I don't know how beneficial this TrendVal limit will be for future volatile markets, but just found it interesting for last week.

Wackena

I also tested this concept on week 2006.11.26 to 2006.12.01 and had very little benefit to overcome big negative hits. The concept was to duplicate the iCustom() JVEL code and set TF to M1. This is very sensitive to trend change. Use this to calculate a TrendVal2 value. After backtest, found values of >0.03 to pause Buys and <0.03 for Sells improved last week results, but very little on week before last.

I have demo tested Goblin for last 2 weeks and both weeks it was making very good profits while markets were ranging and then had bit negative hits when market move sharply in reverse direction of open order/s. Pluto is working on fix and improved version.

I would suggest that if Demo testing or running live, as equity increases, protect your initial investment with the EquityProtectionLevel feature. Example; for my Demo last week. On $10,000 Demo, at one time on Friday, had over $13,000 in equity. Not bad for 1 week. Running on 4 pairs, and MaxTrades>=7, I believe you need #2-3,000 to allow for negative Float to permit EA to work as designed. I saw 2 times last week, that Float p/l was over -$2,500 and, both times, all orders were closed and profit was made. If on Friday, when equity was over $13,000, I had set EquityProtectionLevel=10,000, Goblin would have the $3,000 of equity for Float p/l needs and the initial $10,000 deposit would have been protected. You may say what advantage is that, you lost all your profits. Well last week, I lost all profits plus over $2,800 of $10,000 deposit. Hind site is 20/20, but next time I'm up over $3,000 in equity, I will use this feature to protect my equity.

Had nothing better to do on a Sunday than watch the Giants beat the Panthers and write messages on this thread.

Wackena

Wackena:
I also tested this concept on week 2006.11.26 to 2006.12.01 and had very little benefit to overcome big negative hits. The concept was to duplicate the iCustom() JVEL code and set TF to M1. This is very sensitive to trend change. Use this to calculate a TrendVal2 value. After backtest, found values of >0.03 to pause Buys and <0.03 for Sells improved last week results, but very little on week before last.

I have demo tested Goblin for last 2 weeks and both weeks it was making very good profits while markets were ranging and then had bit negative hits when market move sharply in reverse direction of open order/s. Pluto is working on fix and improved version.

I would suggest that if Demo testing or running live, as equity increases, protect your initial investment with the EquityProtectionLevel feature. Example; for my Demo last week. On $10,000 Demo, at one time on Friday, had over $13,000 in equity. Not bad for 1 week. Running on 4 pairs, and MaxTrades>=7, I believe you need #2-3,000 to allow for negative Float to permit EA to work as designed. I saw 2 times last week, that Float p/l was over -$2,500 and, both times, all orders were closed and profit was made. If on Friday, when equity was over $13,000, I had set EquityProtectionLevel=10,000, Goblin would have the $3,000 of equity for Float p/l needs and the initial $10,000 deposit would have been protected. You may say what advantage is that, you lost all your profits. Well last week, I lost all profits plus over $2,800 of $10,000 deposit. Hind site is 20/20, but next time I'm up over $3,000 in equity, I will use this feature to protect my equity.

Had nothing better to do on a Sunday than watch the Giants beat the Panthers and write messages on this thread.

Wackena

Lol

he he he...

Be patient, Mr. Bluto

Reason: