Here's the new "Goblin" ea...little brother to Predator - page 73

protection

Making a comeback and back in the Black. Up ~$4,000 so far this week. I'm adjusting equity protection feature to protect increasing equity against extreme loses when a volatile market occurs again. I hope by doing this, I can take the loses and still have equity growth from week to week. Time will tell.

Wackena

hi,

what do you think about Equityprotection, with float percent in Firebird 3.2 ?

giapel

Terry French:
Based on this premise, would it be possible to write an EA that would select an EA based on market conditions, where you have several EA's ready just waiting to be selected. Just a wild idea????

You can write an EA that can select form a dozen different trading styles. But it would be better to write each seperately and run them that way and let them trade. Why put them together?

Would it not be better to have an EA ( one trading style) that can trade the same system on different currencies at the same time in stead of different trading styles?

Just something to think about.

The CockeyedCowboy

Jovager:
With Goblin_Options, I have reverse on trend enabled, but it opens always trades in the same direction. What does it need to reverse ?

ReverseOnTrend checks the trend before placing EACH order. Bluto referred to the behaviour of Goblin1.2 in his reply to you.

The trend may not change enough during a progression for it take positions opposite the ones you have already made.

Hope this helps

Tross

teamfri:
Can you post the Goblin EA you are using, cause there are quitle a few versions. I 'd like to use it and your setting for forward testing.

I'd suggest using Goblin_Options.

It is able to be Goblin1.1 or Goblin1.2

It also allows other choices.

It's default settings are Goblin1.2

Tross

Tross:
I'd suggest using Goblin_Options.

It is able to be Goblin1.1 or Goblin1.2

It also allows other choices.

It's default settings are Goblin1.2

Tross

Thanks, I will forwardtest goblin_options and post the results.

Heres mine for the week. Its been a roller coaster. Settings are default with an increased TP to 30.

Wackena:
Last Goblin version.

Broker FXDD - eurusd, gbpusd, usdjpy, usdchf

Deposit $10,000

Timeframe H1

Balance $11,509

Equity $11,500

Wins 262 - Loses 138

Open Orders 5 (Float p/l $-8)

ROI 15.0 %

Started test on 2006.12.04.

Making a comeback and back in the Black. Up ~$4,000 so far this week. I'm adjusting equity protection feature to protect increasing equity against extreme loses when a volatile market occurs again. I hope by doing this, I can take the loses and still have equity growth from week to week. Time will tell.

Wackena

I also started the Goblin on monday of this week with a 5000 dollar demo. was up about $1,800 and then down about the same now im approaching the black again. I just used the settings that I downloaded did you change any settings?

Margin requirements

I appreachiate all the Demo Testing done and find it well worth looking at the statements.

Please keep in mind that in live trading Brokers are handling "margin calls" different from Demo accounts.

A good overview is found here:

http://www.patricknouvion.com/IBFX/ibfx_faq.php#7

under the margin section.

A special consideration must be placed on the 50% rule, which certainly had caused several margin calls and position liquidations in IBFX real accounts, which did not happen in Demo accounts.

Remember the key to all Goblins and 10point3 hybrids..........Underleverage.

Trading 0.1 starting lotsize on a 5000USD account will NOT work!

You will earn a much smaller return than on the Demo accounts, but you will not blow up the account.

Janus

Minnesota Jay:
I also started the Goblin on monday of this week with a 5000 dollar demo. was up about $1,800 and then down about the same now im approaching the black again. I just used the settings that I downloaded did you change any settings?

Here's my account statement. First, yes, I understand the margin issue related to this account, so don't get excited about the numbers. What my statement illustrates is something another trader mentioned earlier, which is that timing for starting the EA might be an important factor to it's success. I'm using Goblin Rel 1.1 with the original 10Point 3.mq4 engine. I started with 6k and am up over 10k just this week.

It would be nice to see if the start time issue has anything to do with it. I'm thinking that starting the EA while the daily chart is not near highs and lows (or retracement highs and lows) might be a good thing. I'm also wondering if starting the EA while Turbo is around 50 and flat also makes a difference.

Files:
week1.htm  40 kb
week1.gif  5 kb

?????????????

I've been using Goblin_Options since 12 Dezember with Lots = 0.01 and ReverseOnTrend = true, all other settings are Default.

During the latest news release (about 1 pm GMT) a counter trend was initiated and a 3rd position should have been opened in the oposite way... instead of that as you can see in the picture no order was opened!!

Is "ReverseOnTrend" working well with you? What's wrong here?

Files:
gopt.gif  78 kb
Reason: