Here's the new "Goblin" ea...little brother to Predator - page 76

hey wot happen to that amazing profit ea phorex_phuck said he wood bring here 4 us? i think hes a lying sumbitch. (angry)

squigglefunk:
hey wot happen to that amazing profit ea phorex_phuck said he wood bring here 4 us? i think hes a lying sumbitch. (angry)

For those of you interested in my EA, message me and ill pop it over to you......this fuker up top aint gettin shit

Good points. I was thinking about adding in a TP based on ATR as well. But, the point is well taken - if the pip step is dynamic, the TP should be as well.

chrisstoff:
Hi Stockwet,

Great ideas you have!

May I have two additions to ideas Nr. 1 and 2:

If you increase the pipstep (i.e. the distance the open price of actual trade and the next one) you should

(1) increase the Take Profit distance accordingly for the sake of reaching profit or

(2) increase the Lots in an appropriate ratio, that is, not only double the Lots but taking a factor calculated from the increased pipstep and multiply the doubled lots with that factor while you can leave the TP distance constant.

If you coded your ideas into an EA, you might open a new thread to discuss it since it would really be different from Goblin. I would appreciate if I had a possibility to test that further developed EA.

Regards,

Chrisstoff

Lets see it

phorex_phreak:
For those of you interested in my EA, message me and ill pop it over to you......this fuker up top aint gettin shit

Let's have a look. I might have an answer to you 300 pip drop after all

thesource:
Let's have a look. I might have an answer to you 300 pip drop after all

you got some big balls if you think im going to give you my EA after you called me an idiot...thats ok, i think i figured that out long ago my friend, by the way, i sent you a special message just for you

here is my last week goblin forward testing teport.

Dave

Files:

Q

Dave

I assume you are using the "hedging" strategy and settings that you started with. Have you tried hedging the GoblinFibo with your strategy of a dedicated buy and sell setup? The equity curve seemed to held up well with all of the ups and downs. Have you noticed any other issued other than the large equity float to this point.

Greg

I'm sure that I've missed some posts in here, but, I'm pretty sure I hadn't seen a thorough description of the important variables, etc, used in Goblin 1.2. Following is something I wrote up for myself. Let me know if I got any of these features wrong.

stockwet

Goblin EA - How it Works

Version 1.2

AllowTrading:

This is an internal var that determines whether or not to allow trading. If set to false, trading with the expert will cease entirely. It appears that even updating existing trades will be disabled, so, this is not a mechanism for turning off trading prior to news announcements where existing orders already exist. The trailing stop feature will be disabled and the user will have to rely on current TP and SL targets, or close trades manually.

AccountisNormal, mm, risk:

This feature provides for dynamically allocating lots based on a desired risk level. mm is really a boolean on/off switch. If mm is set to 1, then Goblin will dynamically set lot sizes based on account size. AccountisNormal determines whether or not the account is a mini or standard account. There is no ability to set this as a micro account, which may be a nice feature to have in the future.

The risk feature is a multiplier. It determines adequate lot sizes as a factor of the account balance. The smaller this number, the lower the lot size will be.

For reference, the calculation for lot size is AccountBalance * risk / 10000 (or 1000 if mini). So, if your account balance is $10,000 and your risk is 12, then you would be risking 10000*12/10000 lots or 1.2 lots on each trade. This is probably far more than it should be for this type of expert.

This feature could also be enhanced by looking at the margin used as well as AccountBalance. This would enable the expert to dynamically manage margin levels when entering a new trade cycle.

MaxLossPerOrder:

This feature is exactly as it says. If you're willing to risk only 150 pips per order, than use this as the value. The downside to this feature is that you are using a step mechanism to add positions, so, the MaxLoss value will be different for each order. One might want to determine a specific price where the trend has gone against them and use that as the "get out now" point. Another option is to set a maximum risk per position value as a percent of the account balance. So, if you're willing to risk 5% of your account balance on the entire position for one currency, then the expert will look at the number of steps used and determine the point at which the entire position needs to be closed when 5% is reached and use that as the MaxLoss setting.

EquityProtectionLevel:

This is a neat feature that basically allows the user to determine how much they are willing to lose on the entire position. It seems strange, though, that the expert would use this for specific symbols. It seems that if I want to preserve a certain amount of equity that I would want the expert to preserve equity across all symbols. Otherwise, I could have a winning position on a currency taken out because of losing positions on another currency and that currency stays open because I hadn't set the same levels. I, personally, would want to think about this a bit more. I think it's a promising feature that might need a bit more refining.

AccountProtection, SecureProfit, OrderstoProtect:

These three vars work together. In order to have SecureProfit and OrderstoProtect work, AccountProtection needs to be set to "1". The expert keeps track of the last ticket opened. If the last ticket open becomes profitable by more than the "SecureProfit" variable, then it gets closed. This repeats again until the OrderstoProtect value is reached.

So, assume that there are 5 trades open in a cycle and OrderstoProtect is set to 3 and SecureProfit is equal to 10. When the last trade becomes profitable, then, one can assume that all the other trades are profitable as well. Rather than allow some of the trades to come back into the negative before reaching their TP targets, this feature would close the last 3 trades (Trades 5, 4 and 3) when Trade 5 hit 10 pips. This would leave trades 1 and 2 open while they continue to go toward their TP or get stopped out on the trailing feature.

StartMonth, StartYear, etc.:

These date features can be ignored. These were constructed to assist with backtesting and make no material impact on forward testing the expert.

Using the Indicators:

Two indicators are used in determining order direction for trades. Both are custom indicators. These are supported by two functions in the expert: OpenOrdersBasedOnTrendRSX() and Check_Trend().

The first function (we'll call it rsx() for short), returns the default order type based on the dominant trend depicted in the Turbo_JRSX indicator. If the trend is up, then myOrderType is 2, which indicates buy orders. Otherwise, myOrderType is 1 and issues sell orders. A "ReverseTrend" parameter allows the trader to go counter to the trend, so myOrderType of 2 would issue sell orders instead and visa versa for myOrderType of 1.

However, while rsx() returns the order type, it only determines part of the order type. In order to calculate the order type, it looks at the JRSX indicator as well as the JLEVEL indicator. The JLEVEL indicator determines the strength of the trend. If the current rsx level is greater than the previous rsx level AND the JLEVEL indicator returns either a ranging market or a strong uptrend market, then order type is set to 2. The reverse is true for the sell side.

What's interesting is that most people probably do not know the input values on the indicators being used to determine the trend. The expert uses "17" for the JRSX length and -100 for the phase. The default on this indicator is 14 and 0. For the JLEVEL indicator, the EA uses 7 while the default is 14. It's likely that having settings different in the indicator window will not impact the expert, but, I'm not sure. However, aligning them might provide a better visual representation of the trend logic used in Goblin.

aghenry1:
Dave

I assume you are using the "hedging" strategy and settings that you started with. Have you tried hedging the GoblinFibo with your strategy of a dedicated buy and sell setup? The equity curve seemed to held up well with all of the ups and downs. Have you noticed any other issued other than the large equity float to this point.

Greg

i am using first version.

I see no problems. I am looking at the equity number. Equity went up 500$ in one day. The closed p/l is meaningless cause the floating p/l eats up alot. But If I closed all trades I am in the black and 500 bucks more so today.

Its funny. I have goblin (1h) on 3 pairs on one PC and terminater (15m) on 1 pair on another PC. There are running neck and neck on profits.

each one is performing as well as the other. Depends on your style.

But I love the seperate majic # thing for buy and sell.

I have some orders hanging around up at 1.3200 level. So I changed majic# on buy chart and am buying and selling again. Negitive intrest is killing those orders, so I might pull them end of the week. If they start causing equity to drop I'll close sooner.

Dave

Welp, I'm coming down the homestretch with the Goblin mods. The hedge feature is starting to work the way I want it to. This ea has been practically re-written but I think it'll be cool.

Stockwet - nice recap...you should write technical manuals for a living. That EquityProtectionLevel thing was a rudimentary measure to help keep capital from getting sucked down the toilet when the market turns foul. Definitely could use some refinement - it's not symbol specific...the idea is that if you're running the EA on more than one symbol, they would all detect the equity hole concurrently and bail on their respective trades.

Reason: