New EA - "Predator" - page 8

goldensight:
Thanks Bluto for that grounded, clear minded explanation. And if I haven't said it before thank you for your hard work with both Goblin and Predator.

You're more than welcome...my pleasure. It's all about sharing ideas and looking after each other in this chameleon of a market.

Update

Good week. Kevin

Update

Here is the update, Thx, Kevin

After a few weeks of testing, it's clear to me that the Jurik RSI indicator has been superior to any of the others in Predator for identifying trend. I've condensed Predator into a new EA called Goblin which I posted on the regular forum yesterday in case anyone testing Predator is interested. Goblin contains an additional enhancement that should really help keep things on track.

From the Goblin thread.....

>> This is a another hybrid of 10Point3 with what I believe are some significant enhancements to improve trading success based on the Predator EA I posted in the Elite Section a few weeks ago. Predator has had some really good results so far (knock on wood).

This EA scraps the standard MACD used in 10Point3 for trade signals and instead uses a Jurik RSI based on Jurik MA's. We've found this to be a tremendously more responsive indicator in Predator for getting you in and out of the correct trade direction in the first place. There's an additional new feature that now restricts trading to go with the daily trend. Loosely translated:

1. If the trend is strongly up, you buy only on the dips.

2. If the trend is ranging/weak downtrend/weak uptrend, you can buy or sell.

3. If the trend is strongly down, you sell only on the rallies.

Settings can be the same thing you've used with 10Point3, Terminator or Predator. I've found that keeping the TakeProfit/Pips/Stoploss intervals tight can result in more rapid smaller but consistent profits. The enhancements in this EA should go a long way to help avoid trading in the wrong direction and to reduce those huge drawdowns.

Give it a shot with a demo account and post your results.

Files:
goblin.zip  18 kb

Phorex Phreak Solution To Big Moves

For this kind of EA to have a chance at any longevity long term and avoiding its prime weakness of the big 400-500 move without a retracement there are 2 steps that MUST be implemented in the EA before even considering using it.......

#1- when a position goes against you and lets say your second order is executed to open, the EA MUST close the first one at a loss, why??? to avoid building up positions and using unecessary margin..so if a 3rd position is opened, that second one is closed at a loss as well, and so on..

#2- now lets say your max trade is open all the way at 10, this means that your down 5.12 lots, now if the position goes against you another 20 pips, open a hedge at 5.13 lots the other way simultaneosly, that way if you have a nasty 500 pip drop due to an unexpected news anouncement at least you have some built in hedge protection and even might profit from it because your using 5.13 versus the other 5.12 position that opened....

thats the only way i would consider using this EA LIVE, is if bluto can at least implement these 2 protection ideas, would make me sleep better at night.........let me know all your thoughts....

Result

Below is my result and finding for predator ea.

i have tested for several times and i have find below setting is better for long term run this predator EA based in new indicator setting compared to Terminator EA.

1. Pair EUR/GBP

Min Capital - USD 1K

Time Frame - H4

OOBO - JRSX = 14

2. Pair EUR/JPY

Min Capital - USD 2K

Time Frame - H4

OOBO - JRSX = 17

3. Pair EUR/USD

Min Capital - USD 1K

Time Frame - H4

OOBO - JRSX = 14

4. Pair USD/JPY

Min Capital - USD 2K

Time Frame - H4

OOBO - MACD = Default Setting

All testing was done using micro lot 0.01 using IBFX. This information is so far produced better result for long term using this EA, but this is not final, so please tune more and do more test to get best setting result.

cheers

CF

Files:
optimized.zip  354 kb

Suggestion

Bluto,

Thank you for the Predator and goblin EA. I would like to suggest a method which is been using in Commericial EA from http://www.fx-ea.com.

This EA is progression in martingale strategy, build in hedge function and acc protection. This EA work with profit target , which is you can set how many % you want to win from your capital. for example, your capital is USD1k then your profit multiplier is 1% then the EA will open the position on all pair you using and will close everything when it achieve 1% target. This cycle will continue to infinity.

it buy lot in 1, 2, 6, 18, 54, 162, 486 ( 3x and not 2x like predator or terminator)

also when it open buy starting with 1 lot, when this lot have few pip profit it will open sell ( hedge function) later when there is a breakout it will follow that side.

i have buy this ea and using it. here with i attached the backtest report for you to understand more this EA.

let me know if you need more info or something else regarding this ea.

regard

CF

P/S : you can find more about this ea from their webpage at www.fx-ea.com

Files:
fx-ea.zip  125 kb

Live Result Continue 03-09122006

Below and attached is the live forward testing result using IBFX live account for this week.

Pair tested is

EU, EJ and UJ.

Capital used is 1k USD, leverage 200:1 and free interest account This EA have been survived during a big move last week. and generated about 6.1% this week using 3 pair only.

All the setting is using the previous post back test result setting.

Regard

CF

Live Result

Below and attached is the live forward testing result using IBFX live account.

Pair tested is

EU, EJ and UJ.

Capital used is 1k USD, leverage 200:1 and free interest account This EA have been survived during a big move last week. and generated about 9.5% on weekly test using 3 pair only.

All the setting is using the previous post back test result setting.

Regard

CF

Reason: