Here's the new "Goblin" ea...little brother to Predator - page 49

kdforextrader:
Hello Bluto,

I attached Goblin on EURUSD & GBPUSD, both on H1. They both showed Trend Direction: Downtrend. However on EURUSD chart, Goblin kept opening Buy orders (these 5 Buy orders have not been closed yet since no retracement and hence against the trend and eating up margin); whereas on GBPUSD, Goblin already closed initial Buy orders and now opened Sell orders according to the trend. Why both showing downtrend but EURUSD opened Buy orders and GBPUSD opened Sell orders? Will this problem be fixed in Goblin TF?

Thank you.

You're dealing with the biggest weakness inherited from the 10Point3 engine which is being addressed in the newer version of Goblin I'm working on. To recap the 10Point3 approach:

Just before a new trade cycle begins placing trades up to the Maxtrades limit, the EA checks in with the indicator(s) to see what the trend direction is. If the indicators say "Trend Is Up - Go Long", then the EA says "Ok...see ya later" and begins to merrily place buy orders one right after the other at each "Pips" interval until Maxtrades is exhausted. It does this without regard to whether the trend changes midway or not because that's the way it's programmed. Same behavior if it's sell orders. I think the original author of this EA figured that if trades started going south midway, eventually there would be a retracement and any losing trades would be bailed out. On the majority of trades, this seems to work but it's a real crapshoot and horribly risky. The problem with this is...what if there isn't a retracement, and what's the margin cost/drawdown to keep placing doubled orders? For traders with small accounts, it can be "the big wipeout" and it happens more often than not.

In my opinion, the key to using this 10Point3 logic and staying alive is to minimize Maxtrades setting to something in the 3-4 range and set the Lots to something realistic based on your capital.

The work I'm doing with Goblin is to make it continuously monitor trend and velocity realtime and take action when things start going the wrong way instead of blindly placing buy or sell trades in fixed cycle until that cycle is over.

bluto,

when do you think you'll have the EA ready for testing.....

phorex_phreak:
bluto, when do you think you'll have the EA ready for testing.....

As fast as humanly possible.

I was planning to settle in and work on it this weekend until the wifey kindly reminded me that this was the weekend the outside Christmas lights and the indoor Christmas tree had to go up, so.....

I should have something within the week, time permitting. It may not be the final thing, but definitely the new core.

bluto:
As fast as humanly possible.

I was planning to settle in and work on it this weekend until the wifey kindly reminded me that this was the weekend the outside Christmas lights and the indoor Christmas tree had to go up, so.....

I should have something within the week, time permitting. It may not be the final thing, but definitely the new core.

Not a problem, I know the feeling  When ever your ready

Are you forward testing the new version this week? It would be awesome to be able to start January with the ‘Holly Grai’ of EA’s

That would be awesome, Lets make some money

yeoeleven:
Starting Monday morning Asian time when metatrader opens I intend to forward test Goblin1 with the following settings. I expect that the progression will be 1.5 instead of the usual 2.

TakeProfit=20.00000000

Lots=0.01000000

InitialStop=1.00000000

TrailingStop=10.00000000

MaxTrades=13

Pips=15

SecureProfit=10

AccountProtection=0

OrderstoProtect=0

EquityProtectionLevel=0.00000000

MaxLossPerOrder=0.00000000

ReverseCondition=0

StartYear=2005

StartMonth=1

EndYear=2006

EndMonth=12

mm=0

risk=12

AccountisNormal=1

Magic=10201

I will also test GoblinFibo1.2 and expect a fibonacci progression and will use the following settings. Since I am testing it with a FXDD account I will start from .1 unit.

TakeProfit=20.00000000

Lots=0.10000000

InitialStop=1.00000000

TrailingStop=10.00000000

FiboProgression=1

MaxTrades=13

Pips=15

SecureProfit=10

AccountProtection=0

OrderstoProtect=0

EquityProtectionLevel=0.00000000

MaxLossPerOrder=0.00000000

ReverseCondition=0

StartYear=2005

StartMonth=1

EndYear=2050

EndMonth=12

mm=0

risk=12

AccountisNormal=0

Magic=123987

I am aware that with these lesser progressions it will take more retracement to close the EAs off but since the progression will cost less, hopefully, the account will handle it.

John

After the first day I have found that the Goblin1 opens trades .01 .02 .03 .05 .08 .12 with the above settings. As we thought the trades do not close off as easily as before but then the cost of progression is not as great.

Early days yet.

Regarding GoblinFibo1.2 the trades opened .1 .1 .2 .3 .5 .8 as mentioned this platform doesn't support .01 trades. A complication is that there were 2 trades closed off on Monday from a previous hedging EA and the totals are compromised. gbpjpy -971 & chfjpy +187 so the results for this EA are +784 better than the totals shown. I will not post a GIF for this result.

Obviously to compare the results with Goblin1 they will have to be divided by 10.

John

Files:
goblin7.htm  38 kb
goblin7.gif  6 kb
goblinfibo1.htm  42 kb

Is there a Trailing TP option to?

I am using 4 lot max and placed in 8 pip intervals. So far so good.

In testing 4 was the max trades I could use and not have the account get dumped. 3 is safer but you'd want to have them placed at 12 pip intervels so the last tp can get hit on retrace.

Still experimenting with long and short only's placed on seperate charts.

I am short $jpy, but for some reason I see a successful long made today on $jpy. weired but cool since it was a winner, as I am waiting for the shorts to pan out.

Dave

Interesting, I havent' been trying pips that close together with maxtrades that low.

I did write some neat code that changed the pip value depending on how large the swings had been in the previous 24 hour or so.

Dynamic Pips !!

Of course, history is no real indication of the future.

It didnt seem to work out

Changes to Goblin

bluto, The sequence highlighted on the GIF closed with a $35.71 loss.

Now that I have reduced the progression to 1.5 instead of 2 it must follow that the TP must be raised because the 20TP clearly will not cover the progression after a certain number of increments. The sequence identified closed off at MaxTrades8.

Need to spend some time to calculate what TP would cover a MaxTrades10+ progression.

John

Files:
Reason: