Here's the new "Goblin" ea...little brother to Predator - page 10

lmx2000:
I am sorry the word is on yesterday's 1H U/J chart.Today I reopen a new chart and put the EA on it. No text showed.The GBP/USD chart also has no text for "trend".See below is the picture.Platform is Alpari.

That's ok...you won't be able to see the message again until trading resumes on Sunday and some tick data starts coming through.

Then I must wait for another day.I am printing the source code and begin to read,hope can find out something.

Could anyone bother to help me understand/clarify some basic concepts of Goblin/10point3.

1. Since there is a setting of Takeprofit, when the Secureprofit will be used?

2.What 's the difference it makes for the AccountProtection to be enabled or disabled?

3.If I trade mini/micro lot, I must choose 1 for Account is normal?

4. What's the use of magic number?

Thanks a lot in advance for any help.

Hello Mr Bluto

Thanks A lot for this good EA

I have a very good results

time frame:15M

settings:default

pairs:eurusd,usdjpy,gbpusd

see my attatched file

Files:
statment.jpg  145 kb

yeoeleven:
Originally Posted by tururo

The way this EA works is to open a new trade when the loss gets to the value of the "Pips" setting (15). It does this until you have maxtrades open and will open no more. Once you get to maxtrades, if the price continues to go against you, your losses are unlimited. The modification sets the stop point at the place where the last trade would reach the 15 pip loss point + the value of initial stop.

bluto:

If you had set an initial stop, the system could've bailed you out at a minor loss earlier on but you have this set to zero.

Bluto & John,

Thanks a lot for the excellent work and help from both you. Here 's a question for you two.

I am bit confused with initial stop right now. John gave very clear explanation of initial stop, but from the back testing, goblin doesn't seem to work the way as described for 10point3 dynamic stop.

According to John's explanation, if you set the value of initial stop at zero, that 's most conservative. But from bluto' explanation, if you want to be conservative, initial stop should not be set at zero.

Could you help me understand this better?

Thanks

Initial stop

teamfri:
Bluto & John,

Thanks a lot for the excellent work and help from both you. Here 's a question for you two.

I am bit confused with initial stop right now. John gave very clear explanation of initial stop, but from the back testing, goblin doesn't seem to work the way as described for 10point3 dynamic stop.

According to John's explanation, if you set the value of initial stop at zero, that 's most conservative. But from bluto' explanation, if you want to be conservative, initial stop should not be set at zero.

Thanks

I have only copied a description of how the Initialstop works from tururo's explanation after he created the modification into 10points 3 Dynamic Stop and having no coding experience am not able to elaborate further.

It is possible that changes were made to the Initialstop when Goblin was created. It is also possible that there are further ramifications to the Initialstop and that the 0 setting.

According to tururo's description the value of the Initial stop was added to the Maxtrades after the final progression so if the Initialstop was 3 and the MaxTrades5 there would be an increase of 3 pips to the loss if the Maxtrades stop was activated.

John

teamfri:
Bluto & John,

Thanks

Let me study the code on 10Point3 a little deeper before I respond. I'm pretty sure most of this has already been discussed in the original 10Point3 thread. The only thing I've changed in 10Point3 to create the Goblin EA is the trade triggering....the rest of the EA is standard and has been discussed in great detail in the original 10Point3 thread.

stop loss

I must have missed something...

In the attached report i have set up initial sl at 30...and if you check the trades in the report the sl are placed at 70 pips!

somebody could explain what i did not understand?

thank you

emeric

Files:
goblin.htm  975 kb
Reason: