Here's the new "Goblin" ea...little brother to Predator - page 18

Wackena:
matrixebiz,

Check your Journal. You may see messages, not enough money. Goblin, as default, calculates lot size based on account balance. If there are many open orders, you may be too low on account free margin to place orders. If so, be careful if you go live, you can quickly get into an account shutdown situation with your Broker.

bluto, what do you think about Goblin calculating lot size based on AccountFreeMargin() to minimize "not enough money" situations.

Wackena

Good idea. I'll add it to the enhancement list.

RJ1:
Hi all,

I loaded Goblin to a H1 chart, but looking at the journal, it says "Custom indicator Turbo_JVEL EURUSD,H4: loaded successfully". Is that normal that it loads Turbo_JVEL in H4?

TQ.

-RJ1-

Yes, that's normal behavior. Here's a few points about how the EA works just to recap:

1. Your charts should use an H1 timeframe.

2. The EA uses both the Turbo_JRSX and Turbo_JVEL indicators internally but you do not need to have either of them on your chart.

3. JRSX is a souped up version of RSI that uses faster Jurik MA's and a 17 bar period. The direction of the JRSX line indicates short-term momentum and is used to signal buys (up) or sells (down).

4. JVEL is the Jurik Velocity indicator. It uses a Jurik MA with a 7-bar period and a phase of -100 which makes it follow price very tightly. It could almost be used as a proxy for price. We evaluate the slope of JVEL internally on an H4 timeframe to determine the overall medium-term trend direction. The buy/sell signals generated by JRSX must agree with the trend direction of JVEL. Slope values >= .1 are strong uptrends; > -.1 and < .1 indicates flat slope or ranging/consolidation; <= -.1 indicates strong downtrend. Both buys & sells are permitted during ranging periods.

5. The first version of Goblin I posted used a JVEL timeframe of D1 but I changed that to H4 to make the EA more responsive to trend direction after seeing what the markets were doing last Friday and earlier this week.

6. Both indicators use Typical Price (H+L+C)/3. This seems to produce smoother behavior for the MA's.

There you have it.

the terminator, goblin, 10points3 are martingale EAs

i think about another form of Moneymanagment:

with an indicator we open a position p.e. at

1.3150 eur/usd buy TP 1.3160 with 0.1 lots; when it reached +10pips

if eur/usd goes in wrong direction we sell at 1.3140 2 times with 0.1 lots, TP 1.3130. when it reached +10pips.

if e/u goes again to 1.3150 we buy 2 times 0.1 lots, TP 1.3160..... and so on.

is there anything like this?

tomstaufer:
Right click chart

Go to Expert Advisors

Click Properties

On the Common tab check Allow live trading

Click OK

Your smiley face should be happy now.

but I only want to test this on a Demo account first. If I check Live will that not trade with my live account?

matrixebiz:
but I only want to test this on a Demo account first. If I check Live will that not trade with my live account?

If you wan't to test on demo account, then you should open new demo account. Simple as that.

matrixebiz:

Just login to your demo account, and goblin will run in your demo account.

Login to your live account, and goblin will run in your live account.

Ok, thanks. What time scale chart does Goblin work best on M30, H1..?

Hi Bluto,

first - VERY GOOD EA, excelent profit. But, today 9hr CET - turn trend USD - problem.

I think, maybe add any button - DISSASTER RED BUTTON

1. close all trades/close all profit/close all loss

2. enable pyramid hedging for protect my profit and margin.

Nonsense?

and World Peace...

-------------------

Can you add to code sendmail code for message - any alert. For examples: I need receive email info after +1000 profit, or low margin level etc.

Stupid Idea?

just posted!

matrixebiz:
Ok, thanks. What time scale chart does Goblin work best on M30, H1..?

already posted here: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175616/page12

Just few post above you.

@frantacech:

Interesting idea.

I love goblin!

baggermatsch:
the terminator, goblin, 10points3 are martingale EAs

i think about another form of Moneymanagment:

with an indicator we open a position p.e. at

1.3150 eur/usd buy TP 1.3160 with 0.1 lots; when it reached +10pips

if eur/usd goes in wrong direction we sell at 1.3140 2 times with 0.1 lots, TP 1.3130. when it reached +10pips.

if e/u goes again to 1.3150 we buy 2 times 0.1 lots, TP 1.3160..... and so on.

is there anything like this?

Now you're talking about a REAL Martingale system which is not really what Goblin is trying to be. 10Point3/Goblin/Terminator, etc. aren't what I'd call true Martingale systems...they use a similar doubling of lots feature in the hope that the latest trade in the sequence will be profitable and cover any losses from previous sequence trades, but there's no logic to really evaluate profit/loss and toggle the trades. I'm just using the existing 10Point3 lot size/order logic because it's there...the emphasis is really on trading in the right direction. I'd look at Goblin as more of an experiment right now to see if the indicators can affect profitable outcome...that's really the goal. Later, I'm going to replace the entire pseudo-Martingale order processor with something else.

Reason: