Here's the new "Goblin" ea...little brother to Predator - page 88

Hello All

Hello All,

Merry Xmas and have a great new year.

Gandolff

This EA is really something! It has my forum buzzing as it appears to beat our best EA.

Congratulations on the terrific work, to whoever was involved with this script!

Is an MQL-II version available?

autofx:
This EA is really something! It has my forum buzzing as it appears to beat our best EA.

Congratulations on the terrific work, to whoever was involved with this script!

Is an MQL-II version available?

Hi Bob;

how are you doing? An't seen you arround for a while. By the way hows Mick doing?

The Cockeyed Cowboy

autofx:

On further analysis, I see that it has more potential to blow up an account than our star EA.

I made some mods to it that we'll be using.

autofx:
On further analysis, I see that it has more potential to blow up an account than our star EA. I made some mods to it that we'll be using.

Would you like to share those mods with us, autofx? This EA is an ongoing evolution. What specific analysis did you conduct to make you draw your conclusion about the blow-up potential?

Thanks for Bipolar Goblin

Hey Bluto,

Have a great New Year. Any news on Goblin v2.0 - No pressure, I'm just looking forward to testing the next step to the "holy grail"

gandolff

I did a calculation of martingale using hedging method, always reverse the position in line with the latest direction after the previously openned position is 15pips in the loss. To make it easier, I suppose the market is in a 15pip sideway market. Here are the results:

lot sequence-----pips from losing ones for breakeven-----for 10pips profit

1 -2 ----- 30pips ------ 40pips

1 -2 4 ----- 25pips ------ 29pips

1 -2 4 -8 ----- 30pips ------ 32pips

1 -2 4 -8 16 ----- 29pips ------ 30pips

In theory, it looks safe no matter how marekt moves. But I think there is a risk of postions building up quickly in the tight ranging marekt. With this hedging feature, the EA will favour trending market instead of sideway market. Maybe it is better to try this method in the overlapping trading session of London and New York market, when marekt is most volatile.

bluto:
Would you like to share those mods with us, autofx? This EA is an ongoing evolution. What specific analysis did you conduct to make you draw your conclusion about the blow-up potential?

Hi bluto,

The money management of this EA is cool. So is the use of these custom indicators. So is the general way it manages trades. I'm impressed!

I'm not a big believer in backtesting for the purposes of determining the worth of an EA, but I used some backtests to get fake accounts to blow up. And a member of my forum blew up his account during forward testing / demo trading.

Of course the first thing that occurred to me is that the RiskPercent could be lowered. I also noticed that this was an int, and if we make it a double, we can lower it to values under 1.0. The value 0.1 looks really safe and even 0.5 looks low-risk.

The other mods are a little difficult to explain. What I did was to add in some of the trade closure logic that has evolved on my forum over the last year or so. Some of it isn't necessary because Goblin_BiPolar already has ways of managing trade closures (including losers), but our logic does appear to play a part that improves the script's performance.

Normally I would never upload EAs from my forum to another forum, but since the EA made its way to my forum from this one, here it is.

autofx

may i know what timeframe is the best?

autofx:
Hi bluto,

The money management of this EA is cool. So is the use of these custom indicators. So is the general way it manages trades. I'm impressed!

I'm not a big believer in backtesting for the purposes of determining the worth of an EA, but I used some backtests to get fake accounts to blow up. And a member of my forum blew up his account during forward testing / demo trading.

Of course the first thing that occurred to me is that the RiskPercent could be lowered. I also noticed that this was an int, and if we make it a double, we can lower it to values under 1.0. The value 0.1 looks really safe and even 0.5 looks low-risk.

The other mods are a little difficult to explain. What I did was to add in some of the trade closure logic that has evolved on my forum over the last year or so. Some of it isn't necessary because Goblin_BiPolar already has ways of managing trade closures (including losers), but our logic does appear to play a part that improves the script's performance.

Normally I would never upload EAs from my forum to another forum, but since the EA made its way to my forum from this one, here it is.

Bob - your enhancements are awesome! Just the kind of stuff I love to see come along. Thanks for your interest in Goblin. Hope you hang around while we evolve this thing!

Reason: