Here's the new "Goblin" ea...little brother to Predator - page 20

thankyou.

I have followed your sujestions and reloaded it...

giapel:
i am testing EA using maxtrades=10, but i 've observed that Goblin opens max 4 orders (0.1 0.2 0.4 0.8). I 'am thinking to change maxtrades to 4 to reduce stoploss for each orders.

in this way we can protect account.

what do you think ?

giapel

I think that's smart.

What settings would I use if I wanted to use this EA on a mini account, like $200?

Thanks

matrixebiz:
What settings would I use if I wanted to use this EA on a mini account, like $200? Thanks

I use this EA on 250$ account. My settings are: maxtrades = 3, lot = 0.05 (for start). Other settings are default.

Be careful

All I'm going to say is be VERY careful. $200, even with microlots can disappear very quickly. I made a similar post in this thread or possibly the predator thread, I was using micro lots on a real account and am down $1350. Account totally wiped out and I was using very conservative settings. Half was on predator and half was on Goblin. I was told to pretty much underleverage like crazy...to the point of using 10k for a micro account using a martingale EA. I'm just repeating what was told to me.

drew

andrewpttsbrgh:
All I'm going to say is be VERY careful. $200, even with microlots can disappear very quickly. I made a similar post in this thread or possibly the predator thread, I was using micro lots on a real account and am down $1350. Account totally wiped out and I was using very conservative settings. Half was on predator and half was on Goblin. I was told to pretty much underleverage like crazy...to the point of using 10k for a micro account using a martingale EA. I'm just repeating what was told to me. drew

I'm about to go live. I've done some fowared testing with good results. MaxTrades of 3. I realise the significant risk using the martingale system, however this alarms me. Can you post some details?

Do you have a statement that we could possible see, to see what happened?

Thanks

Sean

Forward testing.

Forward testing as per post #112.

Continuing to profit, the week to date detailed statement attached.

John

Files:
goblin4.htm  85 kb
goblin4.gif  5 kb

SloForeX:
I use this EA on 250$ account. My settings are: maxtrades = 3, lot = 0.05 (for start). Other settings are default.

Ok, I'll try these settings for a bit. What setting do I change to give me a SL of 30? I don't want any unnecessary spikes killing the trade if you know what I mean. What setting to adjust to make this system really conservative to make it only do a few winning trade a day? Wouldn't you want your TP low as to not make it so risky? Ten 1 pip profit trades would be safer/easier to achieve then to wait out One trade to get 10 pips, correct? it could go the wrong way quick.

Thanks

Can somone confirm that they have Goblin running with .01 lots on Alpari or Velocity for me please.

Can't seem to get any backtest results with .01 lots.

Can't seem to figure out the problem !!

Thanks in advance

Tross

yeoeleven:
Forward testing as per post #112.

Continuing to profit, the week to date detailed statement attached.

John

Do you mind posting your settings?

Reason: