Here's the new "Goblin" ea...little brother to Predator - page 61

JanusTrading:
After reading the account reviews on todays NFP trading I am not at all surprised to see some of the accounts blown (should i add as expected or as usual).

No matter how everyone fine tunes the settings and indicators, i like to share my experience on trading 10 point3 and its hybrids like Terminator,Predator and Goblin since several month in 2 IBFX and 1 Alpari LIVE accounts with real money.

1.Do read all available posts in THIS forum and in others

2.Underleverage, underleverage and rethink your leverage ALL the time.Who ever has read my posts in the Terminator/Predator thread has already grasped "my leverage", which is far far far lower than anybody posting its statements so far.I use 1 Nanolot equivalent for EVERY 10K USD account equity, with a maximum of 1:3 on the maximum allowed trades TOTAL $$ amount.If you wish to set "max trades to 10" that means you MUST have 30k USD equity for every Nanolot !

3.Do read articles about correlation of certain pairs and get a basic knowledge about "hedge" trading either on Kokas "HedgeEA" in this forum or in the GMT forum about their approach, when to enter trades on the GBP/CHF and GBP/JPY, if you are brave enough to trade them.I personally do NOT trade GBP/USD at all and the other 2 GBP pairs only in the mentioned hedge system.

4.Try to trade "positive swap" only in the beginning

5.Never trade these EA`s at or before NFP or FOMC reports. Close all positions the day BEFORE and trade a few hours after the reports came out again

6.Use any of these type of EA`s as part of an overall strategy(like "hedge trading"), but never ever 24/6 without monitoring.

7.Once your maximum lots is reached, switch off the EA, use the Bollinger Band hedge strategy to ADD positions(positive swap only) and collect swap until you can exit.Close only single positions manually.

Be prepared, that this exit can take weeks, if not months and that your account will be in a fairly large drawdown during this time.

8.Even trading low volatility pairs is no bullet proofed guarantee to avoid an account blow up, if the leverage is too high.

9.Switch "account protection" OFF, since it will kill your trades on gaps, reenter TP, if you see gaps.

Forget setting max. trades to anything lower than 7.

I like to thank Bluto and all others for the outstanding effort to improve the original 10point3 version. Specially the new Jurik indicators are working excellent to prevent the EA from constantly opening trades.In my opinion this was a key milestone of development.

If you ever go live with Goblin, just remember .............underleverage!

Since several month i am making around 3% p.month in my accounts, which might negatively surprise many folks in here, since the expectation level is much much higher.

I can assure you from my permanent "demo" testing , that any higher target will dramatically increase the wipe out risk of the account, if not today, than maybe tomorrow.

Janus

Great post!

yeoeleven settings

yeoeleven:
I note that you lost on the yeoeleven settings when GBPUSD closed on 1.28 units. That is not a MaxTrades10 progression and should have increased two more times that may have saved the loss but of course it could have increased it. You may have AccountsProtect1 with OrderstoProtect2 that would reduce the MaxTrades.

As per my previous post I would never trade the NFP with these Martingale type EAs.

John

John,

My settings below:

TakeProfit=20.00000000

Lots=0.01000000

InitialStop=1.00000000

TrailingStop=10.00000000

MaxTrades=10

Pips=15

SecureProfit=10

AccountProtection=0

OrderstoProtect=0

ReverseCondition=0

StartYear=2005

StartMonth=1

EndYear=2050

EndMonth=12

mm=0

risk=12

AccountisNormal=0

Magic=123987

Goblin tests part 3 (from page 39, #384)

As I expected todays news made impact on my tests.

Goblin with yeoeleven settings got bad hit, but what is interesting EA with default settings survived. Since the EAs are different I attached them and set files in the zip. Timeframe H1, GBPUSD, EURUSD, USDCHF, USDJPY.

forex_phreak,

nice statement but I think if this EA will be able to handle days like today on violent pairs then we can switch to safer ranging pairs and sleep well at night.

JanusTrading:
1.Several FX brokers even sent their clients an Email days before these major events, demanding caution on trading

2.IBFX sent out one early yesterday, with a very good series of examples of the past, what has happened

3.Lots of economic calendars out their for free

Jurik indicators means ALL available.

Janus

You mentioned Junk Indicators when you were talking about Goblin and I think Goblin only references the Turbo_J* indicators correct? I don't need to have them actually loaded onto the chart, do I?

matrixebiz:
You mentioned Junk Indicators when you were talking about Goblin and I think Goblin only references the Turbo_J* indicators correct? I don't need to have them actually loaded onto the chart, do I?

Goblin only uses Turbo_JVEL (Jurik Velocity) & Turbo_JRSX (Jurik RSI) indicators. They do not have to be attached to the chart although I like them on there so I can see what they're doing.

Sorting Pairs

Wackena:
Attached is Goblin sorted by pairs report for this week.

1. Timeframe: H1

2. Broker: FXDD

3. Settings file: Default, except MaxTrades=7

4. Account: Demo

Deposit $10,000

Balance $13,246

Equity $12,162

137 wins - 62 loses

13 open trades - Float ($-1,082)

ROI 21.6%

Wackena

Wackena,

Could you direct me to your instructions for sorting pairs. I believe it is in this thread but can't seem to find it. I'd like to post my results this way also.

Trader1

Hello

Here is my Statement for the first day on friday.

Looks not good at this day...

Files:

bluto:
Goblin only uses Turbo_JVEL (Jurik Velocity) & Turbo_JRSX (Jurik RSI) indicators. They do not have to be attached to the chart although I like them on there so I can see what they're doing.

Thank you Santa Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything.

sentaco:
Hello

Here is my Statement for the first day on friday.

Looks not good at this day...

Odd...I made 128 bucks in profit off of Goblin today....that's on a live mini account, by the way. I love this EA.

I have a question, though....what happens when I turn off the computer, have open trades open, and then restart the computer again, with Goblin running? Will Goblin continue to control these open orders that it has been temporarily disconnected from?

Yoda_Glenn:
Odd...I made 128 bucks in profit off of Goblin today....that's on a live mini account, by the way. I love this EA. I have a question, though....what happens when I turn off the computer, have open trades open, and then restart the computer again, with Goblin running? Will Goblin continue to control these open orders that it has been temporarily disconnected from?

Yep...the EA immediately takes the latest prices into consideration for any open orders. Open orders won't go away unless the price changed enough during your computer downtime to cause takeprofit or stoploss to have been reached...you'd then see the closed orders on the Account History tab. In the main EA loop, Goblin also continuously monitors open orders and updates trailing stops so you might see those getting updated as well when MT4 comes back on.

Don't be down for too long though.

Reason: