Here's the new "Goblin" ea...little brother to Predator - page 33

yeoeleven:
You will have Continue Opening 1 as long as you are still progressing through the MaxTrades but when you hit the last one you will see Continue Opening 0.

Order Type relates to Buy or Sell. This taken from the EA's code

if (mode==OP_BUY) { myOrderType=2; }

if (mode==OP_SELL) { myOrderType=1; }

Can't find any record about Order Type 3.

Hope that answers your question,

John

if (!IsTesting())

{

if (myOrderType==3) { text="No conditions to open trades"; }

else { text=" "; }

Comment("LastPrice=",LastPrice," Previous open orders=",PreviousOpenOrders," H4 Trend Dir: ",TrendTxt,"\nContinue opening=",ContinueOpening," OrderType=",myOrderType,"\n",text2,"\nLots=",lotsi,"\n",text);

}

"No conditions to open trades"

for these type of EA's to work you have to have a plan in case of disaster if a 300 or 400 pip drop happens without a retracement, its happened before and it will happen again........take the warning and formulate aplan around this problem, once you do that it will become a viable EA to trade live, until then its a good short-term EA with a potential for disaster when shit hits the fan.....keep on phreaking

Wackena:
Attached is current usdjpy H1 chart. Has 5 open sells and may be in jeopardy. First time I've seen potential loses on H1 charts. Wackena

Just got a big hit. Lost all 5 usdjpy trades, plus 3 gbpusd trades. This AM, Demo account has lost ~30% of acount balance.

Wackena

Losses

Wackena:
Just got a big hit. Lost all 5 usdjpy trades, plus 3 gbpusd trades. This AM, Demo account has lost ~30% of acount balance. Wackena

Sorry to hear that but retain your objects list and enter horizontal lines where your next uj trades would have occurred and see where you would have returned to profit had you used a higher MaxTrade.

You may gain something from the loss that could help later.

John

Today my account almost gone

See the log......

Money management is really important and pips=15 is too small,now I set Maxtrade=6 and pips=20 for another test,so for everything is ok,let us keep testing.

Files:
goblin_1201.htm  47 kb

When I exit MT4 or switch Goblin versions, what happens to my open trades when I start up again and adjust Goblin? I don't like leaving open trades over the weekend, is it ok to close them all Friday?

Closing down for the weekend

matrixebiz:
When I exit MT4 or switch Goblin versions, what happens to my open trades when I start up again and adjust Goblin? I don't like leaving open trades over the weekend, is it ok to close them all Friday?

During Friday I close down pairs manually as they become profitable making sure that the EA for the chart is off otherwise more trades may occur.

John

At work my MT4 didn't do any trades ?? but MT4 at home did last night +$47 Everything at work looks ok with the EA , what could be the problem? It was working yesterday.

Thanks

vdgraaf:
Hi Bluto,

For the new settings #2 and #3, I assume the values that can entered are in PIPS..right?not in percentage..?

Mike

No, the values would be entered as money...in my case, dollars.

Phorex Phreak Solution To Big Moves

For this kind of EA to have a chance at any longevity long term and avoiding its prime weakness of the big 400-500 move without a retracement there are 2 steps that MUST be implemented in the EA before even considering using it.......

#1- when a position goes against you and lets say your second order is executed to open, the EA MUST close the first one at a loss, why??? to avoid building up positions and using unecessary margin..so if a 3rd position is opened, that second one is closed at a loss as well, and so on..

#2- now lets say your max trade is open all the way at 10, this means that your down 5.12 lots, now if the position goes against you another 20 pips, open a hedge at 5.13 lots the other way simultaneosly, that way if you have a nasty 500 pip drop due to an unexpected news anouncement at least you have some built in hedge protection and even might profit from it because your using 5.13 versus the other 5.12 position that opened....or you can add hedge positions incrementally at intervals say at every 15 pips you add 1 lot.......

thats the only way i would consider using this EA LIVE, is if bluto can at least implement these 2 protection ideas, would make me sleep better at night.........let me know all your thoughts....

Reason: