Here's the new "Goblin" ea...little brother to Predator - page 74

Reverse trend

ze0202:
I've been using Goblin_Options since 12 Dezember with Lots = 0.01 and ReverseOnTrend = true, all other settings are Default.

During the latest news release (about 1 pm GMT) a counter trend was initiated and a 3rd position should have been opened in the oposite way... instead of that as you can see in the picture no order was opened!!

Is "ReverseOnTrend" working well with you? What's wrong here?

I have quoted from a post by bluto answering your question regarding the ReverseTrend.

John

bluto:
Internally, Goblin (as it is now) always checks the trend before it starts a new trade-order cycle and places all trades in that direction until Maxtrades is reached and the cycle starts again. That Reverse setting simply tells the EA to trade countertrend to whatever the trend signal is determined to be before the new cycle starts....once the cycle starts, all trades will be placed in whatever direction that is until Maxtrades is reached or the cycle closes out in profit, whichever comes first.

GoblinFibo1.2

I am continuing with GoblinFibo1.2 with the settings as Page 71 post #701 and the results are still good. I have been able to close off for the weekend without any overall loss.

John

Files:
goblin14.htm  134 kb
goblin14.gif  5 kb

Of course, no sooner do I post this than my account takes a massive hit on the volatile reversals. I imagine todays events are the impetus for creating a hedge or trend reversal mechanism.

stockwet:
Here's my account statement. First, yes, I understand the margin issue related to this account, so don't get excited about the numbers. What my statement illustrates is something another trader mentioned earlier, which is that timing for starting the EA might be an important factor to it's success. I'm using Goblin Rel 1.1 with the original 10Point 3.mq4 engine. I started with 6k and am up over 10k just this week. It would be nice to see if the start time issue has anything to do with it. I'm thinking that starting the EA while the daily chart is not near highs and lows (or retracement highs and lows) might be a good thing. I'm also wondering if starting the EA while Turbo is around 50 and flat also makes a difference.

ze0202:
I've been using Goblin_Options since 12 Dezember with Lots = 0.01 and ReverseOnTrend = true, all other settings are Default.

During the latest news release (about 1 pm GMT) a counter trend was initiated and a 3rd position should have been opened in the oposite way... instead of that as you can see in the picture no order was opened!!

Is "ReverseOnTrend" working well with you? What's wrong here?

Yeo11 makes a good point in his reply to you.

But he is referring to Goblin.

ReverseOnTrend is an option that I implemented in Goblin_Options.

The behaviour is different. I explained it here.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175616/page49

Tross

*EDIT*

It may not work as you think it should, or as I hope it should.

I does act differently, I get different results on backtests over enough trades for the trend to reverse and the trades to reverse.

Still a work in progress.

*EDIT-2*

The reverse that Bluto is talking about, is NOT ReverseOnTrend.

It is the ReverseCondition variable. It basically trades opposite from the start.

So you could set ReverseCondition to 1 - Goblin would OPEN trades opposite from before.

It is seperate from ReverseOnTrend.

Thanks John. Now I got it...

Can anyone code it in order to reverse the remaining orders in the middle of the cycle, but only when the 4H trend changes...?? I think this way would be better, because it would give enough room for the EA in 1H chart... and when a strong counter trend occours (detectable in the 4h chart) the latest position would follow the new trend and cover all the others... just an idea I'd love to try

I was hopping that the option "ReverseOnTrend" was coded the way I suggested in post #738 (page74). I think It'd be better if you included that as a "ReverseOnTrendInCycle" additional option. Can you do it please?

Tross:
Yeo11 makes a good point in his reply to you.

But he is referring to Goblin.

ReverseOnTrend is an option that I implemented in Goblin_Options.

The behaviour is different. I explained it here.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175616/page49

Tross

*EDIT*

It may not work as you think it should, or as I hope it should.

I does act differently, I get different results on backtests over enough trades for the trend to reverse and the trades to reverse.

Still a work in progress.

*EDIT-2*

The reverse that Bluto is talking about, is NOT ReverseOnTrend.

It is the ReverseCondition variable. It basically trades opposite from the start.

So you could set ReverseCondition to 1 - Goblin would OPEN trades opposite from before.

It is seperate from ReverseOnTrend.

A Few Ideas

I realize Bluto is working on a design for improving the EA. So, it's probably not helpful to throw out a few ideas, but, after reading through the thread, I'm wondering about some of the following ideas and whether they could work.

1. Wait On Bar: Right now, the EA opens new orders in a cycle of consistent pip levels. One alternate approach would be to ensure that new orders are not opened in the same bar. So, if you have a very big move, the EA would wait until the close of the bar, reevaluate the trend, then place another order in the cycle if the pip value is greater than specified in the EA's pips setting.

2. Use ATR: Another approach to spacing orders would be to use the ATR, a percentage of the ATR, or an average over x time periods of the ATR. So, if the 1h ATR(x) for GBPUSD is 40, then use that, or a fraction, to space new orders. This would then tailor the spacing for more volatile pairs.

The preceding two approaches would try to handle the issue reversals by spacing out the orders in the order cycle more appropriately for the run at large. I think this could be done successfully, but, there would still need to be a hedging feature or similar to account for a disaster case scenario.

3. Kill Orders: This introduces a bit of discretionary trading, so, it's not the best idea, but, it might be interesting to have a double value in which you can specify the price in which you kill all orders for a pair. This would allow the trader to manually determine position reversals. The max loss feature is good, but, because orders are spaced, I wouldn't want to specify a pip value, I'd want to specify a specific price.

4. Stop Orders: This feature is a boolean which would stop placing new orders. It would allow you to set this, for instance, the day before a big news announcement. It would manage existing orders, but would not place any new orders which either add to an existing order cycle or start a new order cycle.

Anyway, just some thoughts. I may code these features and play with them a bit. I like Wackena's idea, though, of not muddling the thread with code variations, so, I will not post it.

stockwet

Ideas

I can assure you fellow Goblin traders, wondering about which best indicator setting should be used to prevent trading in the wrong direction, there is my very best indicator again:

Do not trade the news events with this EA!

If you trade very low leverage, you can leave it on during such "small" moves like today.

In an ever growing believe to find the right settings for these type of EA`s, i shared with you my 7 month live trading experiences.Take these to your traders heart, than you do not need any new indicators.

All sorts of Fibonacci or other valid points WILL at the end result in losses, if the trader is not fully aware of the outcome.Remember that the Fibonacci option is fine, it WILL cause losses after a certain number of trades(pipsteps+TP dependend).

Good example is still my USD/CHF trade open since November 28th(positive swap), sustained a total drawdown from opening to last order(total 8) to further downfall of 725 pips.

Collected almost 10USD per full lot since than and just on the edge to profit, as of today.

How come.................????

Underleverage and normal profit expectation!

If you were "stopped" out, even with my low leverage up to 12.5% of account equity were gone!Keep that in mind by adjusting your max.Trades.

Janus

pluto,

I was expecting the EquityProtection routine to close all orders when AccountEquity() went below EquityProtectionLevel. I was away from my PC when Goblin took a big hit again. When I got home, I saw the Alert message, and I expected that all orders would be closed and EA would not be trading. On the 4 pairs, there were still 8 open orders. I reviewed the code and it should have closed all orders. It seems, that if by closing orders, and some are positive profit and the equity goes over EquityProtectionLevel, the EA starts trading again. Is it possible to add some code that would completely closed all orders and stop trading. Maybe like this.

if(EquityOrotectionLevel > 0 && AccountEquity() < EquityProtectionLevel)

{

EquityProtectionLevel=10000000;

AllowTrading = false;

Print("Min. Equity Level Reached - Trading Halted For ",Symbol());

Alert("Min. Equity Level Reached - Trading Halted For ",Symbol());

for(cnt=OrdersTotal();cnt>=0;cnt--)

{

OrderSelect(cnt, SELECT_BY_POS, MODE_TRADES);

mode=OrderType();

if (OrderSymbol()==Symbol() && OrderMagicNumber() == Magic)

{

if (mode==OP_BUY) { OrderClose(OrderTicket(),OrderLots(),OrderClosePrice(),slippage,Blue); }

if (mode==OP_SELL) { OrderClose(OrderTicket(),OrderLots(),OrderClosePrice(),slippage,Red); }

return(0);

}

}

}

Wackena

Wackena:
pluto,

I was expecting the EquityProtection routine to close all orders when AccountEquity() went below EquityProtectionLevel. I was away from my PC when Goblin took a big hit again. When I got home, I saw the Alert message, and I expected that all orders would be closed and EA would not be trading. On the 4 pairs, there were still 8 open orders. I reviewed the code and it should have closed all orders. It seems, that if by closing orders, and some are positive profit and the equity goes over EquityProtectionLevel, the EA starts trading again. Is it possible to add some code that would completely closed all orders and stop trading. Maybe like this.

if(EquityOrotectionLevel > 0 && AccountEquity() < EquityProtectionLevel)

{

EquityProtectionLevel=10000000;

AllowTrading = false;

Print("Min. Equity Level Reached - Trading Halted For ",Symbol());

Alert("Min. Equity Level Reached - Trading Halted For ",Symbol());

for(cnt=OrdersTotal();cnt>=0;cnt--)

{

OrderSelect(cnt, SELECT_BY_POS, MODE_TRADES);

mode=OrderType();

if (OrderSymbol()==Symbol() && OrderMagicNumber() == Magic)

{

if (mode==OP_BUY) { OrderClose(OrderTicket(),OrderLots(),OrderClosePrice(),slippage,Blue); }

if (mode==OP_SELL) { OrderClose(OrderTicket(),OrderLots(),OrderClosePrice(),slippage,Red); }

return(0);

}

}

}
Wackena

I can't help you until you stop calling me "pluto"

Reason: