Here's the new "Goblin" ea...little brother to Predator - page 26

Attached are charts with Goblin on John's setting. Handle the strong trend this AM quite well.

Wackena

teamfri:
I don't believe goblin works better on m15 than 1h chart in the long run. Just take a look at the JRSX, change the timeframe and make a comparison. It is obvious JRSX on 1h chart gives a much more reliable signal of direction than on m15 chart.

Maybe, but exact forward test:

M15 big DD, H1 better profit and low DD. ...another day in paradise... reverse.

SloForeX:
You are not so much save with maxtrades = 3 than for instance 6 or even 10. In some circumstances this is even more risky than maxtrade 10. I've experienced this today with gbpusd. I have maxtrades = 3 and I suffered some drowdown...But I won't give up )

well, but having MaxTrade=3 your negative Float P/L and possible drawdown will be much less than with MaxTrade=10 or 5. Am I right? Besides I've been trading only Eurusd to minimize the risk, since I started with very low capital...

mikl_73112:
Attached is my statement of results for this morning: I'm using John's settings except for MaxTrades =3 and orderstoprotect =1 (not sure if it matters with acct protect at 0. It only would allow 1 trade open per pair through the run and did not increase lot size above .01.

I think John's setup also did well through the 11/22-23 spike according to previously posted statements.

This ea appears to be dialed in!

It would be great if MaxTrade=3 works.

Could you make it clear what setting would only allow 1 trade open per pair through the run. Cause I saw on your statement that more than 1 trade were openned for a single pair.

Thanks

ze0202:
well, but having MaxTrade=3 your negative Float P/L and possible drawdown will be much less than with MaxTrade=10 or 5. Am I right? Besides I've been trading only Eurusd to minimize the risk, since I started with very low capital...

My experiences. EA opened 3 trades on short position. Trend changes to long, so...In that case EA will not open any trades since you have maxtrades 3. If you have 5 or 6, EA can open new trades in long position and recover a huge drowdown..This is what happend on my account today..

Wackena:
Attached are charts with Goblin on John's setting. Handle the strong trend this AM quite well. Wackena

What are this John settings that everybody is talking about?

SloForeX:
My experiences. EA opened 3 trades on short position. Trend changes to long, so...In that case EA will not open any trades since you have maxtrades 3. If you have 5 or 6, EA can open new trades in long position and recover a huge drowdown..This is what happend on my account today..

... unless I set InitialStoploss=1 like someone does... or even close the positions manually... For now I'll wait and see what it happens...

ze0202:
... unless I set InitialStoploss=1 like someone does... or even close the positions manually... For now I'll wait and see what it happens...

I had InitalStoploss set to 1

couldn't we just run both firebird and goblin at the sametime; that way we take advantage of both sideways and trending. this might seem naive but just thought i put it out there.

SloForeX:
I had InitalStoploss set to 1

If set Initialstop to 1 what does that do for me? I want to set a SL of 30. Should I put InitialStop = 30? or where do i put the 30?

Thanks

Reason: