Here's the new "Goblin" ea...little brother to Predator - page 14

SloForeX:
Thanks. And what does the InitialStop 1 means in your case?

Well the stoploss is decided dynamically by the EA depending on a number of factors. The InitialStop is just an additional increment of Pips added to the calculated StopLoss. However if InitialStop = 0, then no StopLoss will be set. So I just set InitialStop to 1, so a StopLoss will be set.

AdamDuritz99:
Well the stoploss is decided dynamically by the EA depending on a number of factors. The InitialStop is just an additional increment of Pips added to the calculated StopLoss. However if InitialStop = 0, then no StopLoss will be set. So I just set InitialStop to 1, so a StopLoss will be set.

Thanks

InitialStop & Dynamic Stop

This was posted by tururo who modified 10points 3 into 10points 3 Dynamic Stop. I have reposted it from page 7 post #64.

It describes how the Dynamic Stop and the InitialStop work. There have been several questions about how InitialStop and StopLoss actually closes trades.

Also one has to be aware that AccountProtect and OrderToProtect will overrule tha MaxTrades when the trades go dramatically against the EA.

John

Originally Posted by tururo

The way this EA works is to open a new trade when the loss gets to the value of the "Pips" setting (15). It does this until you have maxtrades open and will open no more. Once you get to maxtrades, if the price continues to go against you, your losses are unlimited. The modification sets the stop point at the place where the last trade would reach the 15 pip loss point + the value of initial stop. So, for each of the orders the stops would be as follows if Pips = 15 and InitialStop = 2, MaxTrades = 5:

Let's say your first trade sells at 1.2600

1st trade stop at 1.2600 + 75 + 2 = 1.2677

2nd trade opens at 1.2615

2nd trade stops at 1.2615 + 60 + 2 = 1.2677

3rd trade opens at 1.2630

3rd trade stop at 1.2630 + 45 + 2 = 1.2677

4th trade opens at 1.2645

4th trade stop at 1.2645 + 30 + 2 = 1.2677

5th trade opens at 1.2660

5th trade stop at 1.2660 + 15 + 2 = 1.2677

So when the price gets to 1.2677 all trades closed out at the stop loss.

In practice the stops will vary by a few pips.

goblin on M15

sourour:
Thanks A lot for this good EA

I have a very good results

time frame:15M

settings:default

pairs:eurusd,usdjpy,gbpusd

see my attatched file

hi bluto,

if goblin is designed to work on H1, something in the codes or strategy

must have came out more responsive to M15 chart

when i had it on H1 monday for 3 hours or so there was no trade

then i put on M15 and in less than 30mins i see them coming in and

continuously - up to 50 trades total in this 24hrs or so on 4 pairs.

do you think these results cannot be consistent on M15 and results

on H1 can come out better in the longer term?

by the way, thank you for sharing this very promising ea.

cheers.

did backtesting on july....was a failure

kenari05:
did backtesting on july....was a failure

Post your backtesting statement(s) and settings. I'd like to see them.

What page is the newest EA for this system on?

Id like to try it

What are the best/safest settings?

Thanks

Maybe an alternative to improve backtest results. I don't know if this is valid, but it caught my attention on mql forum. http://forum.mql4.com/4965

I think the PeriodGen is a script. I put it in the script folder and attached it to M1 offline chart and not sure anything happened. I believe using the the Period_Converter script will also synchronize all timeframes OK.

I will try to hardcode timeframe in a few EAs and then backtest on M1 Strategy Tester.

irusoh1 2006.11.25 02:31

For most possible accurate results in backtester:

1. use alpari data only (MT history gives weird results with sensitive EAs)

2. synchronize all timeframes (I wrote a little script to do that) and put them into history folder

3. hardcode your timeframe in tester (i.e. use iTime, iHigh, etc. use explicit PERIOD_?? instead of 0 or Period() function)

and run your EA on 1 minute frame only)

4. Run your EA on demo for a week or two then compare results with tester for the same period.

Then maybe you will get closer to real life. That is my bitter experience with backtesting.

Attached files:

periodgen.mq4 (7.83 KB)

Maybe something, maybe not.

Wackena

Files:
periodgen.mq4  8 kb

How about adding such a function, once a strong trend is first sensed, close all the positions opened, if they are against the newly emerged strong trend.

Just a suggestion, and I am not sure if this a good idea.

What page is the newest EA for this system on?

Id like to try it

What are the best/safest settings?

Thanks

Reason: