Here's the new "Goblin" ea...little brother to Predator - page 43

Goblin

Hey folks,

I just found this thread, but You guys have been working hard. I'm going to start testing the ea as well.

I can't wait to weigh in . . . keep up the good work.

I'm getting some very positive preliminary results with the mods I've made to come up with "Goblin TF" so far. Lotsa protection built in...no more runaway orders in the wrong direction. Thrives on trend.

tf

1- when a position goes against you and lets say your second order is executed to open, the EA MUST close the first one at a loss, why??? to avoid building up positions and using unecessary margin..so if a 3rd position is opened, that second one is closed at a loss as well, and so on, until you current position covers the losses for the other losing closed positions and profits some..

In this scenario you would be better off closing when it opened the 3rd trade from the original, because if it retraced you would realize max loss on 1, breakeven on 2 and max takeprofit on 3 however you had it set up. It could even be a small profit on 2 if your take profit level is higher than your pipstep. And it will retrace eventually so you should hang onto it 1 more pipstep.

don't let this current trend in the $ bears fool ya. Remember the price trends strong like this only 20% of the time. Remember the 5 months of sidways action(see chart posted). The blue zones represent the wipsaw/sideways/uncertian markets. No real trend or very short trend with sharp changes, 100-300 pips in nature. Most systems are great in strong trending markets. But you would want it to read the change at a balanced point. Not waiting to long but not to quick.

Mabe you can add all the good sugestions and give an option in the settings window to turn certian sugestions on and off. I dunno just a thought.

I was thinking also an option for the ea to wait 24 hrs befor it can place another trade. It can place a trade as soon as it exits a position, and that can be trouble. If the price spiked breifly and hit TP, then because the trend is strong in that direction it immediatly placed another order. Then price draws back and consilidates. By waiting 24 hrs it gives us time to look at where the price is and decide to let it run or not. And if left alone it will enter soon as time allows.

Dave

Files:

or some adjustable value, maybe 5 hours instead of 24, or even better, after it waits after a bad trade, it decides how long depending on how the market is doing, forget the adjustment.

I'm glad I started looking at this before it gets too complicated.

I know I have a hard time sinking my teeth into some of these EA's, just because there is so many options.

Hmm, someone may have to start thinking about the user manual !!

phorex_phreak:
mikl, if you read my 2 protection strategies you wont have a boatload of orders open and id still have hedging protection as well.....

hi, phorex

great work for goblin, i am not not sure to coding it exactly, can you post Ea, so that i can test it

thank you

giapel

Forward testing

Starting Monday morning Asian time when metatrader opens I intend to forward test Goblin1 with the following settings. I expect that the progression will be 1.5 instead of the usual 2. I have changed the coding from 12 to 13 and recompiled the EA.

mylotsi=lotsi;

for(cnt=1;cnt<=OpenOrders;cnt++)

{

if (MaxTrades>13) { mylotsi=NormalizeDouble(mylotsi*1.5,2); }

else { mylotsi=NormalizeDouble(mylotsi*2,2); }

TakeProfit=20.00000000

Lots=0.01000000

InitialStop=1.00000000

TrailingStop=10.00000000

MaxTrades=13

Pips=15

SecureProfit=10

AccountProtection=0

OrderstoProtect=0

EquityProtectionLevel=0.00000000

MaxLossPerOrder=0.00000000

ReverseCondition=0

StartYear=2005

StartMonth=1

EndYear=2006

EndMonth=12

mm=0

risk=12

AccountisNormal=1

Magic=10201

I will also test GoblinFibo1.2 and expect a fibonacci progression and will use the following settings. Since I am testing it with a FXDD account I will start from .1 unit.

TakeProfit=20.00000000

Lots=0.10000000

InitialStop=1.00000000

TrailingStop=10.00000000

FiboProgression=1

MaxTrades=13

Pips=15

SecureProfit=10

AccountProtection=0

OrderstoProtect=0

EquityProtectionLevel=0.00000000

MaxLossPerOrder=0.00000000

ReverseCondition=0

StartYear=2005

StartMonth=1

EndYear=2050

EndMonth=12

mm=0

risk=12

AccountisNormal=0

Magic=123987

I am aware that with these lesser progressions it will take more retracement to close the EAs off but since the progression will cost less, hopefully, the account will handle it.

John

giapel,

the EA is located on the first post i think......

Bluto,

in terms of "protection", what do you mean by this??? explain to me how the EA is going to handle the sudden news event of a plane crashing into another building or some other catastrophe and dropping 500 pips within 30 minutes????? im just curious if your putting any hedging techniques in the EA.....let me know...

I sure bluto has some great ideas, and have probably thought of this already. When trades start going against you say like 3 in a row, the program shifts to a shorter timeframe for considering trade entries. How does this sound as a protection mechanism?

phorex_phreak:
giapel,

the EA is located on the first post i think......

Bluto,

in terms of "protection", what do you mean by this??? explain to me how the EA is going to handle the sudden news event of a plane crashing into another building or some other catastrophe and dropping 500 pips within 30 minutes????? im just curious if your putting any hedging techniques in the EA.....let me know...

hi. phorex

in the first post there is goblin( standard version by bluto), on this code i do not read code that realize hedge strategy.

have you modified source code to realize it ?

bluto, what do you think hedge strategy by phorex, i think that if we develop it (close positions when lose and new orders above max trades in the opposite direction), we can obtain stable EA. And this is what we search.

thnak you

giapel

Reason: