Here's the new "Goblin" ea...little brother to Predator - page 66

I found this on http://cyberia.org.ru/node/17#comment-357

It is a way for the system to know "Aha, today is major news time, i go offline" ?

The system read it per DLL, a website with econom. calendar and when find a worth that say what over the news, then get out of the market.

hmmm

reading web pages

Submitted by FXDave on Thu, 2006-10-19 09:35.

My friend sent this message to our group I have the ea's he wrote for this. Would you at cyberia be interested in examining these ea's?

I am currently using OS version but interested in PRO in the near future.

xxdavidxsxx@yahoo.com

---------------------------------------------------------

I am wondering why there has been so much talk here and in other forums that UNFORTUNATELY experts can't access web sites and read the news etc.

It is possible!

Not with MT4's own functions of course, but MT4 allows to import DLL's.

And if you can import DLL's then you can do everything in your expert that those DLL's can do.

I was lying in the bed and it occured to me there that in this case it should be possible to import wininet.dll too that provides access to the internet.

For my little brain it took whole two days to figure out how to properly import needed functions, which is actually very simple thing, but anyway, here it is now.

I am attaching two experts. One grabs one very short webpage which shows only site's domain name and date and time and prints first 13 bytes out to the graph and to the experts tab too.

Another one is a bit more advanced version that grabs whole forexfactory news page and puts this page to the file in 'experts/files' directory. File name is made from day, month, year and suffix "grabweb.htm"

You can change the page address in input window if you want.

There are many ways to use it.

Of course we can grab the news times automatically and use them in our experts. I have also written a script that parses forexfactory' s news page. Someone else has done this too and it is awaylable here:

http://forexfactory .com/forexforum/ showthread. php?t=7403

Also we can query some web page from our experts to figure out what the GMT is and in this way we don't need to use variables for timezones as this can be determined automatically.

Another option is to make an expert that reads buying or selling signals from the web and enters orders based on that.

Or you can make an expert that publishes all your trades automatically somewhere in the web.

Or you can read CNN.com every minute and IF there is a breaking news, you can display alert directly on your graph.

etc...

Who is this Pluto guy they keep talking about???

roflmao. If someone cann't get a simple name right then they probly cann't make money trading something so complex as forex market....

anyways.... Here is a chart example on my seperate majic # for buy/sell theory.

As you can see there are long orders that were made at the peak of the highs and they got left behind. But you can also see all the profitable short positions that have been made while the price goes the wrong way. So what ever losses I am looking at for the longs have been minimised by successful shorts.

If at some point in time I want to close the longs left open I can, with out hurting my profits much.

I am doing this same technique with terminater also and its been very successful. Currently having a friend set terminater to have seperate majic#'s for buy and sell orders. Then I'll probly have him do it to Goblin too.

Dave

Goblin TF

Hey Bluto,

Sorry I've been out of the loop, have you release the next version of Goblin? Has anyone released any new versions of Goblin?

Gandolff

xxDavidxSxx:
Who is this Pluto guy they keep talking about???

roflmao. If someone cann't get a simple name right then they probly cann't make money trading something so complex as forex market....

anyways.... Here is a chart example on my seperate majic # for buy/sell theory.

As you can see there are long orders that were made at the peak of the highs and they got left behind. But you can also see all the profitable short positions that have been made while the price goes the wrong way. So what ever losses I am looking at for the longs have been minimised by successful shorts.

If at some point in time I want to close the longs left open I can, with out hurting my profits much.

I am doing this same technique with terminater also and its been very successful. Currently having a friend set terminater to have seperate majic#'s for buy and sell orders. Then I'll probly have him do it to Goblin too.

Dave

can we forward test the EA? please post here

Fibo Response

The Goblin Fibo seems to responded well to the turmoil of the end ot the week. Looking forward to the new release.

Greg

abrs70:
can we forward test the EA? please post here

That chart I posted is forward test.

xxDavidxSxx:
heres my 1st weeks results using different majic#'s for buy and sell.

The floating P/L can be large at times like now, cause I am running it on 3 currancy pairs.

Dave

post # 629 is forward test

aghenry1:
The Goblin Fibo seems to responded well to the turmoil of the end ot the week. Looking forward to the new release. Greg

aghenry1,

Which fibo version and what settings ?

Below is mine Fibo v1.2 with default settings on H1, IBFX.

below is my forward test goblin v1 on ibfx mini, from 27 nov 2006.

popok sakti

You guy's are posting statements with demo accounts, that is OK, but some statements are up to 25.6 units starting at .10 this WILL NOT HAPPEN IN LIVE TRADING, you can play all the games you want, no one will risk this amount of units, they will quit after Maxtrades 7 or less, some of the statements in the last 2 papes are just plain dumb. Try these martingale methods on a real account and see what happens. Leveage at some brokers velocity4x is only 1:100, you better have a 25K account to trade like some of these statements show.

Reason: