Here's the new "Goblin" ea...little brother to Predator - page 48

I know this doesn't fit your current plans Bluto, but I have a suggestion you might be willing to try in the future.

What if, you have an option to open so many trades in one direction, and if the trade is not successfully closed with profit, then it closes all the trades and then opens in the opposite direction still doubling up from the last trade.

example:

Reversal after 3 trades:

1: buy @ 0.01

2: buy @ 0.02

3: buy @ 0.04

(if still no profit, then close all open trades and reverse)

4: sell @ 0.08

5: sell @ 0.16

You could even reverse again after another 3. I really don't know if that would work, but it might be worth looking into.

Also, I've attached my live account report. I'm in the red about 400. But it really was my fault to begin with. I've should have never trade 4 currencies at the same time. If I had only used either the Euro or Cable, I would have been able to increment to 0.64, and then make a profit. I learned a valuable lesson. I really think this EA has enormous potential, but there absolutely needs to be a solution for the significant risk.

You're doing a great job Bluto! Thanks!

AdamDuritz99:
I know this doesn't fit your current plans Bluto, but I have a suggestion you might be willing to try in the future.

What if, you have an option to open so many trades in one direction, and if the trade is not successfully closed with profit, then it closes all the trades and then opens in the opposite direction still doubling up from the last trade.

example:

Reversal after 3 trades:

1: buy @ 0.01

2: buy @ 0.02

3: buy @ 0.04

(if still no profit, then close all open trades and reverse)

4: sell @ 0.08

5: sell @ 0.16

You could even reverse again after another 3. I really don't know if that would work, but it might be worth looking into.

Also, I've attached my live account report. I'm in the red about 400. But it really was my fault to begin with. I've should have never trade 4 currencies at the same time. If I had only used either the Euro or Cable, I would have been able to increment to 0.64, and then make a profit. I learned a valuable lesson. I really think this EA has enormous potential, but there absolutely needs to be a solution for the significant risk.

You're doing a great job Bluto! Thanks!

Cool idea you have there. I think everyone is on the same wavelength about building in that "bailout factor" since we've all been slapped with in the standard 10Point3 default behavior. Definitely something being addressed. Keep thinking about more ideas!

bluto:
I've addressed this in Goblin TF...not your method per se, but something I believe will be equally effective.

Is it one of those where it would close positions for a loss if trend turns or something?

I don't like closing positions for loss because losses can be big with multiple stacked positions. I prefer the positions not be opened at all if possible.

But you are a smart guy and I am sure you'll work it out.

Dave

But on the other hand.

I am glad these positions are open and hope price does reverse. This could be a great opportunity to test my other theory. The charts you see in my pic goblin is buy only. I have sell only loaded on other charts with different majic numbers. So if trend does turn I will still get trades in the new direction and hopefully negate some of the draw down on the longs opened.

Dave

xxDavidxSxx:
But on the other hand.

I am glad these positions are open and hope price does reverse. This could be a great opportunity to test my other theory. The charts you see in my pic goblin is buy only. I have sell only loaded on other charts with different majic numbers. So if trend does turn I will still get trades in the new direction and hopefully negate some of the draw down on the longs opened.

Dave

Pseudo-Hedge! I love it. You are one smart cookie.

Hello Bluto,

I attached Goblin on EURUSD & GBPUSD, both on H1. They both showed Trend Direction: Downtrend. However on EURUSD chart, Goblin kept opening Buy orders (these 5 Buy orders have not been closed yet since no retracement and hence against the trend and eating up margin); whereas on GBPUSD, Goblin already closed initial Buy orders and now opened Sell orders according to the trend. Why both showing downtrend but EURUSD opened Buy orders and GBPUSD opened Sell orders? Will this problem be fixed in Goblin TF?

Thank you.

Tross:
Well, I'm now a bigger fan of the GoblinFibo1.2

I actually downloaded and collated the tick data for USDCAD for 2006.

Made it into a .fxt file and tested against it.

My GoblinFib1.1 settings failed miserably.

I may have to reset my live account !

Anyways, just goes to show you that 99% modelling quality can be quite different from 90%.

Gonna post these results, took me all day to make them.

Hi Tross - wow 99% - I didn't know that was possible - cool!

I noticed in the back test results that there were no trades between July 8 to September 9 - is this due to missing ticks or did goblin really not place any trades during the 2 month period? Just seems wierd...

Regardless, encouraging results.

kdforextrader:
Hello Bluto,

I attached Goblin on EURUSD & GBPUSD, both on H1. They both showed Trend Direction: Downtrend. However on EURUSD chart, Goblin kept opening Buy orders (these 5 Buy orders have not been closed yet since no retracement and hence against the trend and eating up margin); whereas on GBPUSD, Goblin already closed initial Buy orders and now opened Sell orders according to the trend. Why both showing downtrend but EURUSD opened Buy orders and GBPUSD opened Sell orders? Will this problem be fixed in Goblin TF?

Thank you.

From what I understand, Yes this problem will be fixed in the next release.

Indicator

Bluto,

Here is an indicator you may already know about which I have found to be somewhat incredible in leading the trend plot when set appropriately for the period. It "repaints' in the early part of the an impending trend change but when it sets itself it seems set until another impending trend change. The other thing is how closely price follows its plot is somewhat amazing. I don't think if fudges to make itself look good but I don't sit and watch it constantly. Whether it will work in Goblin or not I am not qualified to know. But I thought I would put it forth and let the qualified decide since the issue of trend has ben brought up.

Greg

Files:

Reason: