Here's the new "Goblin" ea...little brother to Predator - page 19

frantacech:
Hi Bluto,

first - VERY GOOD EA, excelent profit. But, today 9hr CET - turn trend USD - problem.

I think, maybe add any button - DISSASTER RED BUTTON

1. close all trades/close all profit/close all loss

2. enable pyramid hedging for protect my profit and margin.

Nonsense?

and World Peace...

-------------------

Can you add to code sendmail code for message - any alert. For examples: I need receive email info after +1000 profit, or low margin level etc.

Stupid Idea?

This is where stop-losses will save you for the time being. The goal right now is to test how effective these Goblin indicators are in swimming with the trend. There are a bunch of ideas floating around to deal with such "PANIC" situations, and yours is a good one as well. We will eventually get there with a much more optimized EA to deal with these "DEFCON-5" situations and protect ourselves.

Hi bluto,

I took a close look at Turbo_JVEL and Turbo_JVEL JRSX during the period of around Nov 21-23. My observation is, even with these indicators, there was still a big chance for the positions to be openned against the following big move. It all depends on when you lauched the EA, it's all about the luck at the transional period. I think these indicators only help avoid openning a trade in the opposite direction of a strong move, after it already happens.

Honestly at this stage, I suspect it is still largely the martingale method, that decides the final performance of goblin. In another word, I am not sure how much Turbo_JVEL and Turbo_JVEL JRSX contribute to its success. I hope I am wrong for these doubts, but it is really what I feel at the moment.

My suggestion is, using the daily fx_fish signal to decide only buy or only sell. When the value of fish is above zero, only buy; and vice versa. I know fish is a dynamic indicator, but it does not seem to change its signal so frequently, and it seems to give early signal. If the fish value goes from positive to negtive, or vice versa, just close all the positions openned in the wrong direction, and open positions in the new direction. In this way, maxtrade setting at 6 will be more than enough.

I am not sure if I am right for the above analysis, and I'd like to have more discussion about it, all I hope is the success of goblin.

Thanks

teamfri

teamfri:
Hi bluto,

I took a close look at Turbo_JVEL and Turbo_JVEL JRSX during the period of around Nov 21-23. My observation is, even with these indicators, there was still a big chance for the positions to be opened against the following big move. It all depends on when you lauched the EA, it's all about the luck at the transional period. I think these indicators only help avoid openning a trade in the opposite direction of a strong move, after it already happens.

Honestly at this stage, I suspect it is still largely the martingale method, that decides the final performance of goblin. In another word, I am not sure how much Turbo_JVEL and Turbo_JVEL JRSX contribute to its success. I hope I am wrong for these doubts, but it is really what I feel at the moment.

My suggestion is, using the daily fx_fish signal to decide only buy or only sell. When the value of fish is above zero, only buy; and vice versa. I know fish is a dynamic indicator, but it does not seem to change its signal so frequently, and it seems to give early signal. If the fish value goes from positive to negtive, or vice versa, just close all the positions openned in the wrong direction, and open positions in the new direction. In this way, maxtrade setting at 6 will be more than enough.

I am not sure if I am right for the above analysis, and I'd like to have more discussion about it, all I hope is the success of goblin.

Thanks

teamfri

Thanks for the input. I'll study fx_fish to see what makes it tick. JVEL should not be changing it's direction that frequently on an H4 timeframe and from what I can see, it's not. What does change frequently is JRSX as it oscillates and this is really the affect I'm trying to achieve...we don't want to be buying during a downtrend or selling into an uptrend and JRSX seems to be signaling that effectively. I'd go so far as to call Goblin the "Anti-Martingale".

What kills EA's are fast-bars that take off in the other direction and don't retrace. However, what you'll often see leading up to those is a subtle predeeding drop/increase in momentum which JRSX seems to detect pretty well, and that keeps it from placing a slew of trades against the overall trend...at least that's the general observation. You are correct though that depending on the speed and depth of momentum shifts, this EA and any EA's based on indicators can get caught in the crossfire.

hi guys.

I have run eas before but my goblin is not working...I have had it running for two days no trades.....loaded it ok...but I notice the following 2006.11.30 07:25:45 Cannot open file 'C:\Program Files\MetaTrader - North Finance\experts\indicators\Turbo_JRSX.ex4' on the EURUSD,H1

Its the same on all the pairs....I assume this is the problem how do I fix it...

I have tried deleting the file and downloading it again but it still does not work...

Glenn

bluto:
However, what you'll often see leading up to those is a subtle predeeding drop/increase in momentum which JRSX seems to detect pretty well, and that keeps it from placing a slew of trades against the overall trend...at least that's the general observation.

I am not sure if this is what you refer to, but I noticed 1h JRSX sometimes give better signals than 1h MACD right before a big move, after comparing them in the same chart. Guess JRSX incorporates the momentum factor.

What leverage is safest to use?

matrixebiz:
What leverage is safest to use?

Just a sugestion, to make the EA stable in all leverages:

if (AccountisNormal==1)

{

if (mm!=0) { lotsi=MathCeil(AccountBalance()*risk/10000); }

else { lotsi=Lots; }

} else { // then is mini

if (mm!=0) { lotsi=MathCeil(AccountBalance()*risk/10000)/10; }

else { lotsi=Lots; }

}

Turns:

if (AccountisNormal==1)

{

if (mm!=0) { lotsi=MathCeil(AccountBalance()*risk/100/ AccountLeverage()); }

else { lotsi=Lots; }

} else { // then is mini

if (mm!=0) { lotsi=MathCeil(AccountBalance()*risk/100/AccountLeverage())/10; }

else { lotsi=Lots; }

}

Hope this helps further development

kokas:
Just a sugestion, to make the EA stable in all leverages:

if (AccountisNormal==1)

{

if (mm!=0) { lotsi=MathCeil(AccountBalance()*risk/10000); }

else { lotsi=Lots; }

} else { // then is mini

if (mm!=0) { lotsi=MathCeil(AccountBalance()*risk/10000)/10; }

else { lotsi=Lots; }

}

Turns:

if (AccountisNormal==1)

{

if (mm!=0) { lotsi=MathCeil(AccountBalance()*risk/100/ AccountLeverage()); }

else { lotsi=Lots; }

} else { // then is mini

if (mm!=0) { lotsi=MathCeil(AccountBalance()*risk/100/AccountLeverage())/10; }

else { lotsi=Lots; }

}

Hope this helps further development

Nice! Yet another refinement to the tired old 10Point3 stuff.

glenn50:
hi guys.

I have run eas before but my goblin is not working...I have had it running for two days no trades.....loaded it ok...but I notice the following 2006.11.30 07:25:45 Cannot open file 'C:\Program Files\MetaTrader - North Finance\experts\indicators\Turbo_JRSX.ex4' on the EURUSD,H1

Its the same on all the pairs....I assume this is the problem how do I fix it...

I have tried deleting the file and downloading it again but it still does not work...

Glenn

Try this...

Navigate to the \experts\indicators folder and remove both the MQ4 and EX4 versions of Turbo_JRSX and Turbo_JVEL. Go to the \experts folder and remove any file called "Goblin".

After that, copy the three files from the zip file back into those folders and try it again.

maxtrades

i am testing EA using maxtrades=10, but i 've observed that Goblin opens max 4 orders (0.1 0.2 0.4 0.8). I 'am thinking to change maxtrades to 4 to reduce stoploss for each orders.

in this way we can protect account.

what do you think ?

giapel

Reason: