Here's the new "Goblin" ea...little brother to Predator - page 89

seems this EA still have big drawdown if we dont use equity target function.

bluto:
Bob - your enhancements are awesome! Just the kind of stuff I love to see come along. Thanks for your interest in Goblin. Hope you hang around while we evolve this thing!

Thank you Bluto. Upon further analysis, I think the only useful thing I did was to change RiskPercent to a double and lower the value.

Your EA is great as-is.

So here's mod F, which only contains the RiskPercent adjustment. My little trade closure block is commented out -- I found that you have already got this under control in your logic.

If this trades anything like the backtests -- and with MT4 I've seen some EAs that come pretty close -- very little further evolution will be necessary! The forward testing statements are looking really good, it's just that the risk was a bit high. You may already have a grail here!

abrs70:

Can you provide a bit more detail on your observations? How about a forward testing statement and some specifics on your settings. It's really hard to speculate about what your experiencing based on a one-liner statement. What kind of leverage are you using? Lot sizes, pairs, etc.

Q

How does the Long/ShortSecureProfit function work in the Bipolar Edition? What is the purpose? Does it work as a fixed profit stop as soon as that enabled (ex. 10) threshold is crossed?

Greg

*.Set files for Goblin

I'm in need of help.

Could someone direct me to a post regarding how to use *.set files with MT4, as I want to look at Goblin Hedge EA?

Thanks in advance,

Frank

abrs70:

From what I've seen so far, the RiskPercent of 2.0 is aggressive though you can probably get away with it on one pair for a long time.

I'm demo-trading with mod F using 0.5 for RiskPercent on three pairs on the H4 timeframe.

If you're referring to the equity target function I put into mod E, I found out that it is never actually executed! Bluto has logic that keeps things cleaned up.

Q

I know that some doubt was rasied about the value of hedging with the Goblin EA (BiPolar). Would there be any value in introducing another chart to a regular setup of Goblin Long "and" Short that would be trend specific such as Long "or" Short to supplement a particular trend period (different magic #s of course). In other words to mix apples and oranges? I have such a setup of the regular Goblin (by mistake I am embarrassed to say) that at the present is beating the pants off of BiPolar which seems to be spinning its wheels. I know a lot of other factors need to be accounted for but I just am wondering out loud. It could even be enabled by the user for a specific time when a trend is evident or anticipated and then closed. Thoughts?

Greg

aghenry1:
I know that some doubt was rasied about the value of hedging with the Goblin EA (BiPolar). Would there be any value in introducing another chart to a regular setup of Goblin Long "and" Short that would be trend specific such as Long "or" Short to supplement a particular trend period (different magic #s of course). In other words to mix apples and oranges? I have such a setup of the regular Goblin (by mistake I am embarrassed to say) that at the present is beating the pants off of BiPolar which seems to be spinning its wheels. I know a lot of other factors need to be accounted for but I just am wondering out loud. It could even be enabled by the user for a specific time when a trend is evident or anticipated and then closed. Thoughts? Greg

Can you post a statement of your results with this setup? My forward testing results to date with BiPolar have been very good. It would be interesting to see what your alternate configuration is doing.

autofx:
From what I've seen so far, the RiskPercent of 2.0 is aggressive though you can probably get away with it on one pair for a long time.

I'm demo-trading with mod F using 0.5 for RiskPercent on three pairs on the H4 timeframe.

If you're referring to the equity target function I put into mod E, I found out that it is never actually executed! Bluto has logic that keeps things cleaned up.

even with your latest modified version, drawdown still high in backtest.... hope testing 3 pairs will give positive results

abrs70:
even with your latest modified version, drawdown still high in backtest.... hope testing 3 pairs will give positive results

Ok, no jab intended here, but I've noticed in most of your posts here and on other threads that you make statements, often negative, without offering any type of supporting backup. We're not mind-readers. If you want to actively participate in the devlopment of this and any other EA's with the purpose of making them better, you should make an attempt to illustrate your findings with specific examples as I've requested before. In the absence of examples, how can you expect for improvements to be made for the benefit of everyone? That's what this is all about, m8.

What lot sizes are you using? How much equity? What pairs/timeframe? How about a demo statement? Get the idea?

Reason: