Follow these steps to do a backtest with news filter from historic news events.
- Make sure you know the GMT offset of the historic chart data you got in your MT4 terminal. Best would be to download it from Dukascopy in GMT fromat. If you don't have GMT format, set the TesterGMToffset to the correct value. If you are not sure, best look at the latests big news, which caused a breakout on the chart and check the time with any economic calendar in GMT format: https://www.investing.com/economic-calendar/
- Download the historic news event files from my website: http://currencystrength.de/static/historic_html_files.zip
- Unzip the folder and put it into the file directory of MT4. Go to File -> Open Data Folder. Then copy the folder historic_html_files into \tester\files. Check that you only have "historic_html_files" once in the path and not a folder in a folder after unzip.
- Set TesterUseNewsFilter=true to use the NewsFiler in tester.
- Run the backtest and check in visual mode whether the next events are printed in the lower left corner of the chart.