Market Pulse EA tracks the moments of volatile splashes in the market. For this uses own development indicators that works directly with tick data. Therefore, you can run the EA on any timeframe. The idea of trading is to take small moves to return the market to a normal state.
Logic of the trading signal
The work of the advisor is based on the concept of tick speed. The tick speed shows how quickly and volatile the ticks coming. When ticks coming very quickly - this is an indicator of anomalous activity (the appearance of a major trader, the news output, etc.). Together with the increased amplitude, directed mainly to any one side, the market is out of balance. Tracking such moments, the adviser tries to take recoils, or even turns, counting on that the market again will be balanced. On the chart, you can always find areas of sudden ups and downs. The task of the adviser is to look for the most likely turning points at similar moments.
TickSpeed = Amp (10)/Summ_time, where Amp(10) is the amplitude in points on the last 10 ticks, Summ_time is the total arrival time of 10 ticks.
Trade signal settings
- Min signal speed - TickSpeed index. To get the signal, the current speed should be higher than set speed. The higher the speed parameter, the stronger the impulse
- Tick speed ratio - The ratio of relative speed. Tick speed ratio = TickSpeed/TickSpeed (TickSpeed MA period), where TickSpeed MA period is the TickSpeed averaging period. By analogy with MA from the price here, the values of the tick speed are averaged. This factor allows you to find moments of sharp increase in amplitude and tick speed. Also, this parameter perfectly filters situations when high tick speed and amplitude are the norm for a current period. This often happens after the important news output. Thus, this parameter excludes frequent occurrence of unreasonable trading signals. This is a very important point! The idea of an adviser is to look for anomalous splashes. But increased volatility after the news will no longer be anomalous for the current moment. The higher this ratio, the stronger the surge in comparison with the situation on the eve
- TickSpeed MA period - The averaging period for the tick speed. The smaller this parameter, the less ticks are used to calculate the average tick speed. TickSpeed MA period is the tick area with which the current tick speed is compared. If TickSpeed MA period = 1000, then the average speed for 1000 ticks should be such that the current tick speed is more in the Tick speed ratio times to receive the signal
- Main signal ticks - The number of ticks for which there was no price rehigh (at a signal to sell), or a price relow (at a signal to buy). This parameter allows you to adjust the duration (in ticks) of the reverse price movement after the impulse. A too small parameter will give a better input price, but it may be premature with a strong impulse. A large parameter will enter more reliably, after the turn, but far from the top of the impulse
Example of obtaining a trading signal
- Start trade hour/Start trade minute - The time from which the advisor begins work. If Start trade hour = 2, Start trade minute = 30, the advisor starts work at 2:30:00
- End trade hour/End trade minute - Time for the work end of the Expert Advisor. If End trade hour = 21, End trade minute = 45, then the adviser will finish work at 21:44:59
- Days of the week filter - Set false to the day that the Expert Advisor should not work
- New trades pause - Enables/disables the pause block
- Open trade actions - Actions for the open position at the moment of the pause interval in. Current manage - work in normal mode, as before the pause in. Close trade - close an open trade at the time of the pause in. The block will be useful if you do not want the advisor to open trades in the interval of important news. And also, that there were no open positions at that moment
- Pause intervals - The line indicating the time intervals of pauses. Format: 9:45-10:10;15:15-15:45. In this example, 2 intervals are indicated via ";". You can specify as many intervals as you wish. When specifying a single interval ";" not required. These intervals will be acting every subsequent day. So, if you want to suspend the work of the Expert Advisor only at any one day and time, then do not forget to delete the intervals later
- Pause levels color - The color of the vertical lines, which in the graph represent the specified time interval of the pause
- Line style - Style of vertical lines of pauses
- Spread filter - The value of the spread filter in points (5 digits). The spread filter forbids trading (opening of new trades), if for 50 ticks there were 5 exceedances of the specified Spread filter value. Subsequent trade approval occurs when on the last 50 ticks each spread value was less than the Spread filter. Such an algorithm is more likely to filter spread increasing moments than checking only the current spread on the current tick. Example in the picture below
Management of risks
- Out of time close - If true, closes an open trade after the Expert Advisor work end
- Enable volume multiple - Enables the mode of increasing the trading volume at drawdowns. Advisor can also works in normal mode
- Coverage percent - The parameter that controls how quickly the trading volume will increase. If Coverage percent = 50, it means that the volume of the next trade will increase just enough to cover 50% of the total drawdown in the case of a profitable outcome (in more detail in the picture below). This means that the higher this parameter, the more aggressive the lot will grow. Also, as the drawdown decreases, the lot will decrease. If the current (starting) trading lot is enough to cover the specified amount of losses, the lot is not increased
- Trade Volume (Start volume) - In the normal mode used a fixed lot. When the volume is increased, the starting lot
The system of increasing the trading volume
A warning! The system of increasing the trading volume carries with it increased risks. Use it very carefully, at your own peril and risk.
- Enable trailing stop - Toggles the mode on/off
- Trailing activate - The distance in points to the profit before the activation of the pull-up of the stop. If Trailing activate = 20 points, then the current profit of the trade should be 20 points, so that the Stoploss level is raised by the value of Main Trailing. After passing the mark of 20 points, the profit is pulled up on each tick if the price continues to move in the direction of profit
- Main Trailing - Distance to Stoploss level. As the trade moves towards profits, Stoploss is pulled in such a way that the distance from the current price to the Stoploss level is equal to Main Trailing
- Orders comment