- Reviews (2)
- Comments (22)
- What's new
Triple Moving Average EA MT5
The Expert advisor (EA) places trades when 3 moving averages (MA) are in consecutive alignment and at a certain distance from each other. Using the default settings it adopts a not very well known strategy used by some institutional traders. It involves the MAs 10, 20 and 30 or 60. The strategy works best on the H4 and D1 time frames. The Triple MA strategy (no matter which MAs are used) should be considered as a long term strategy. There could be a bad month or even a bad half year. This EA is not for traders looking for frequent trades and constant profits over the short term.
The EA can also be used in a more universal way by using other MAs than the ones which are intended for the strategy. It is also possible to trade regular crossovers of 2 MA:s and Hull moving average color changes. The behavior of the EA can be explained in the following steps (please also see separate screenshot for visualization):
- Look for a trade when all 3 MAs are in consecutive alignment and the minimum distance between them has been reached.
- Exit when trailing stop or any other condition (described below) has been hit.
- Spread, slippage and time filters.
- Moving average trend filter.
- Possibility to select between adding a fixed lot or let the system set the lot size according to risk percentage.
- Possibility to trade in a reverse way (buy when sell, sell when buy) by setting a very wide distance between the MAs which could indicate a reversal.
The description and explanation of the input parameters can be found here.
Please make sure that you first test the EA on a demo account and let at least 10 trades be done. Before going live please also test your setup in the strategy tester.
Please be aware that I do not provide with any trading or money management advices, optimal settings, signals or .set (preset) files. I will only be able to answer questions regarding the meaning of the input parameters, in case something should be unclear in the product's blog.
The EA cannot be used with netting account types.
- added Hull moving average color change strategy
- opening of a new trade at crossover (MA1/M2) will now also be valid for the Triple MA strategy
- TP/SL ATR will now be based on the close price instead of the candle's high/low
- added info to the panel about selected Trend MA time frame
- bug fix in the Trend MA close function when using reverse trading
- minor bug fix
- corrected an issue when using reverse mode together with trend MA
- bug fix in the ATR calculation
- added an option to use Hull moving average instead.
- added 2 new Exit methods and 2 new Take profit methods.
- added ADX filter. The ADX indicator value must be above the level you set in order for a trade to be opened.
- added an option to disable the drawing of the MA lines on the chart
- added internal logic how to handle Order filling type errors returned by the broker
- added possibility for ATR trailing stop based on the ATR indicator