Wishes for MT5

A logical continuation of the theme:

https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/105052

Пожелания к MQL5 - MQL4 форум
  • www.mql5.com
Пожелания к MQL5 - MQL4 форум

I wish...

Work out some kind of uniform ideology in symbol designation.

For even a single extra sign can significantly "ergonomise" the browsing experience in the marketplace...

For example sign #

what does it mean? few people know... no one seems to know...

But it should be written in the tablets that it is a CFD group.

Something like that...

And do not forget about group coloring if you don't leave it to traders.

the "off" symbols are not highlighted in any way, not "grey", it's confusing...

I wish...

Make the bars in MT5 really equitemporal.

I.e. NO LOSSED BARS! All bars, even those with zero volume should be displayed on the charts and be present when accessing the index.

So that the same indexes on different currency pairs GUARANTEED to mean the same datetime.

The only exception (and not obligatory) - weekends. It is possible to skip them, but again it is GUARANTEED synchronously on different instruments.

Now it's not like that.

If there were no ticks - the bars are simply absent, like in MT4!

There is no synchronicity in quotes......

Multicurrency is overboard usability...

Absolutely ALL indicators (including built-in) unintentionally inflate, calculating values for incomplete quotations, without even knowing it...

That's how sad things are nowadays.

:( :( :(
Files:

There are no technical indicators like i...OnArray. Sometimes you really need...
Документация по MQL5: Технические индикаторы
Документация по MQL5: Технические индикаторы
  • www.mql5.com
Технические индикаторы - Документация по MQL5

icas :
There are no technical indicators like i...OnArray. Sometimes you really need...

In MQL5 it is possible to build an indicator using values of another indicator or an array. The section Input variables says:

Passing of parameters when calling custom indicators from mql5 programs

Custom indicators are called using the iCustom() function. At that the parameters must follow after the name of the custom indicator in a strict accordance with the declared input variables of this custom indicator. If there are fewer parameters than declared input variables in the called custom indicator, the missing parameters will be filled with the values specified in the variable declaration.

If the custom indicator uses the OnCalculate function of the first type (i.e., the indicator is calculated using the same array of data), then one of ENUM_APPLIED_PRICE values or handle of another indicator should be used as the last parameter when calling such a custom indicator. In this case all parameters corresponding to input variables must be clearly indicated.

Besides, the description of the OnCalculate function reads:

OnCalculate

The OnCalculate() function is called only in custom indicators when it's necessary to calculate the indicator values due to the Calculate event. This usually happens when a new tick is received for the symbol, for which the indicator is calculated. This indicator does not necessarily need to be attached to any price chart of this symbol.

The OnCalculate() function must have a return type int. There are two possible definitions. Within one indicator you cannot use both versions of the function.

The first form is designed for those indicators that can be calculated on a single data buffer. An example of such an indicator is Custom Moving Average.

int OnCalculate (constint rates_total,// the size of the price[] array
constint prev_calculated,// processed bars at previous call
constint begin,//where significant data begins
constdouble& price[]// array for calculation
);

As the price[] array, you can pass one of the price timeseries or a calculated buffer of some indicator.

P.S. I suggest that questions about indicators are discussed in the Technical Indicators section.

As a continuation of MetaDriver's suggestion , I would like to remind you of the topic of the correct presentation of the timeline in the future.

If you have information about the trading times of an instrument, you should remove the periods from the timescale where the data will be missing.

Then the geometrical constructions will be correct.

And one more suggestion - maybe premature. Added: It seems late - although there are no programs yet. no one is preventing to add it. especially as it follows from the answers everything is built on ticks and then we forget about them.

In vain.

Would it be possible to expand the representation in the standard series about the bar with information about the average ASK & BID.

For a minute it is the sum of tick price/number of ticks. No ticks - opening price. It gets simpler from here...

Sorento :

As a continuation of MetaDriver's suggestion , I would like to remind you of the topic of the correct presentation of the timeline in the future.

If you have information about the trading times of an instrument, you should remove the periods from the timescale where the data will be missing.

Then the geometrical constructions will be correct.

I categorically disagree. Absence of data due to absence of trading does NOT stop the processes of price changes in reality, hence geometrical constructions will be much more correct with a complete timeline. I used to think the same way as you, then I found out I was grossly wrong. Anyway, I am for a strictly uniform timeline.

MetaDriver :

I categorically disagree. Lack of data due to lack of trading does NOT stop the price change processes in reality, hence the geometric constructions will be much more correct with a full timeline. I used to think the same way as you, then found out I was grossly wrong. In general I am for a strictly uniform timeline.

Following your logic. missing non-business days - fill in the closing data?

All the indices will show kukish. 80)

Sorento :

Following your logic. missing non-business days - fill in the closing data?

All the indyuks will show kukish. 80)

Only those that use data (apart from the closing price) from yesterday.

It is now a lot of people suffer on Mondays, in dealing rooms that do not start with the terminal 00:00:00.

For example about the same pivot.

But in general, I adhere to my opinion that all calendar bars should be on the chart!

Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Константы индикаторов / Ценовые константы
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Константы индикаторов / Ценовые константы
  • www.mql5.com
Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Константы индикаторов / Ценовые константы - Документация по MQL5

a wish for the report.

It would be nice to add some new established indicators to the standard detailed report.

For example, I think there is a lack of data on lot size - average and maximum used.

Statment analysis would have been simpler.

And the logic of the reports should probably have been changed.

A simple report - total balance, equity and used deposit. then statinfo.

A detailed report - all the same, and then the protocol of deals, open positions and pending orders.

We have the article.

And algorithms :)

Математика в трейдинге. Оценка результатов торговых сделок - Статьи по MQL4
  • www.mql5.com
Математика в трейдинге. Оценка результатов торговых сделок - Статьи по MQL4: автоматическая торговля

Add the price ( open + close) / 2 to the "Price constants".

Reason: