Wishes for MT5 - page 80

Interesting:
Is Lite the one that works on the Championship? If so, I don't think the developers will go for it.

Well, it doesn't have to be this version, but it can be used as a starting point to make a much-demanded and usable product.

After all, they made a mobile version, so what prevents them from releasing a lighter auto-version?

It would be a gift to many if the Range Bars chart type was included in MetaTrader 5. )))

CHART_BARS

CANDLES_BARS

LINE_BARS

RANGE_BARS

To be able to use them in the tester, as well as all other timeframes. Please accept it as a wish on behalf of thousands of traders)))

tol64:

It would be a gift to many if the Range Bars chart type was included in MetaTrader 5. )))

what is Range Bars ?

sergeev:
What are Range Bars ?

I'm going to assume it's a trick question.) But still, I'll give you a definition(taken from the fourth forum):

Range Bar Chart is a type of tick chart that creates new bars based on predetermined price swings. These fluctuations are set by the user to calculate the difference between the highest and the lowest price for each bar. A bar will continue to be built as long as the difference between its highest and lowest price remains less than or equal to the difference set by the user. As soon as the trade goes beyond this difference, a new bar will be formed and the calculation will be re-set and continued. The formation of a bar is not limited by a time range, the period of time during which each bar will be built will be different for each bar.

P.S. Here is an article about it: https://www.mql5.com/ru/articles/1353
Range Bar Chart - торговля без "шума" - MQL4 форум
  • www.mql5.com
Range Bar Chart - торговля без "шума" - MQL4 форум

It would be very convenient if developers would add to MT5 (MT4) and MQL the possibility to build tick-frame charts - bars are formed by a given number of ticks in contrast to conventional time-frame charts. And the possibility of overlaying on such charts of standard and custom indicators, as well as their use in Expert Advisors.
Переход на новые рельсы: пользовательские индикаторы в MQL5
Переход на новые рельсы: пользовательские индикаторы в MQL5
  • Андрей
  • www.mql5.com
Я не буду перечислять все новые возможности и особенности нового терминала и языка. Их действительно много, и некоторые новинки вполне достойны освещения в отдельной статье. Вы не увидите здесь кода, написанного по принципам объектно-ориентированного программирования — это слишком серьезная тема для того, чтобы просто быть упомянутой в контексте как дополнительная вкусность для кодописателей. В этой статье остановимся подробней на индикаторах, их строении, отображении, видах, а также особенностях их написания по сравнению с MQL4.

tol64:

I'm going to assume it's a trick question.) But still, I will give a definition(taken from the fourth forum):

P.S. Here's an article about it: https://www.mql5.com/ru/articles/1353

You're confusing the terms. You can't attach it to this rendering property.

You have to program the form of the chart yourself.

sergeev:

What does it have to do with the shape of the drawing and the type of calculation? You are confusing things. you cannot attach it to this drawing property.

You can program the form of the graph yourself.

You are not expressing two separate notions, but one. That is, the form of rendering and calculation. You cannot analyse without drawing and cannot test without calculation. Isn't it so? So, I'm not confused about anything, it's just that you may have read it inattentively. )) After all, if these or those wishes are rejected by developers, of course, you will have to implement them yourself.

sergeev:

Program the form of this chart using your own resources.

This can be done, but the simplicity of using such a chart is lost. For example, we have to rewrite all the standard indicators, if they are used, and to move built-in graphic objects manually or otherwise synchronize them programmatically. To avoid such inconveniences, we can alternatively introduce the additional possibilities of managing the chart, indicator buffers and graphic objects.

Усреднение ценовых рядов без дополнительных буферов для промежуточных расчетов
Усреднение ценовых рядов без дополнительных буферов для промежуточных расчетов
  • Nikolay Kositsin
  • www.mql5.com
Статья о традиционных и не совсем традиционных алгоритмах усреднения, упакованных в максимально простые и достаточно однотипные классы. Они задумывались для универсального использования в практических разработках индикаторов. Надеюсь, что предложенные классы в определенных ситуациях могут оказаться достаточно актуальной альтернативой громоздким, в некотором смысле, вызовам пользовательских и технических индикаторов.

Lizar:
It can be done, but the ease of use of such a graph is lost. For example, you have to rewrite all standard indicators, if they are used, and move built-in graphical objects manually, or synchronize them programmatically, too.
You have definitely said it. )) I can add that MetaQuotes is trying to make everything as simple as possible for the end user. Moreover, many (almost all) trading platforms have the ability to analyze such charts and even build trading Expert Advisors on them. So in MetaTrader 5 (the most popular trading platform) Range Bars simply must be. MetaQuotes should be the best of the best. )))

tol64:
You make a good point. )) I would add that MetaQuotes seeks to make everything as simple as possible for the end user. Moreover, many (almost all) trading platforms have the ability to analyze such charts and moreover, even build trading experts on them. So in MetaTrader 5 (the most popular trading platform) Range Bars simply must be. MetaQuotes should be the best of the best. )))
It's not just a matter of Range Bars. The issue of building custom synthetic charts comes up quite often.
Reason: