True Direction Oscillator
Or (TDO) is an index that measure price rate of change using the principle of "
When a security price advance from 10 to 15 then price rate of change is 150% but when it declines back from 15 to 10 then price rate of change is
33.3% only. That is why technical analysis indicators like "Price Rate of Change" (ROC) or "Momentum" gives higher readings for ascending
price movements than that given to descending ones. TDO fixes this problem to help traders at reading momentum correctly depending on a
simple calculation method that explained in the next two steps:
- Center = (A + B) / 2
- TDO = 100 x (A – B) / Center
- TDO User's Manual: https://www.mql5.com/en/blogs/post/717970
- TDO F.A.Q : https://www.mql5.com/en/blogs/post/722015
- TDO video library: https://www.mql5.com/en/blogs/post/722018
- TDO Expert Advisor Example: https://www.mql5.com/en/blogs/post/731141
- TDO calculate pure momentum as percent, so it is used to compare different securities from different markets. (Ex: compare EURUSD with Gold & Dow Jones Industrial).
- TDO panel calculation depends on five different periods, to cover a wide range of market cycles and can be more effective at catching trends.
- TDO arrow appears when all TDO panel dots is in line for the first time. This feature reduces the number of false zero-line cross signals to their lowest number.
- Sound, email alerts when trend strengthens and when arrow signals appear at the beginning of a new trend.
- You can easily switch between FX pairs by pressing in the Symbols Button. You can choose to open the chart in a new window.
- You can add a Standard Deviation Channel or a Linear Regression Channel easily by pressing the Channel Button.
- You can add Grid from different levels of round numbers.
- You can add support & resistance levels.
- Well-designed parameters to help user easily navigate between them.
- TDO code is revised to make sure that it will not consume user's PC memory.
- TDO arrows do not repaint or recalculate its results.
- Buy / Sell when trading arrows appears.
- Add to position when TDO Panel is in-line.
- Use TDO Utilities like: Channels, Grid to find target and stop loss for your positions.
Important TDO Parameters
- First TDO Period [ Min =1 ]: This the first cycle in TDO Panel. Default is 10.
- Max. Candles to Draw [Min > Last TDO]: The number of candles to be in the chart history to draw TDO.
2. TDO Colors List & Buttons.
- Chart Colors List: You can choose between four different color lists, or you can choose to (Do Nothing).
3.Arrows Alert & e-Mail Settings
4. Panel Alert & e-Mail Settings
5.Symbol Changer Inputs
- Window to Show Symbols Panel: Show Symbol Buttons in Main chart window or in TDO Window.
- Button Click Action: Open chart on the same window or in a new window.
- Symbols Source From: Get symbols from custom symbol list or from Market Watch.
- List of symbols (separated by ";"): If you choose symbols from a custom list then separate between symbols by ";".
- Buttons in a Horizontal Row [Min=(1)]: Number of buttons to show in a row.
- Time-Frames to Show [Min=(1) & Max=(9)]: Default is seven.
- Channel Length: Number of candles used in channel calculation. Default is 160.
- Channel Kind: Choose between Standard Deviation Channels or Linear Regression Channel.
- Channel Ray: To show the channel as a ray.
7.Grid Button Settings.
- Sub Grid Levels Count: You can add from zero to ten sub levels between main grid levels.
8.Zig Zone Button Settings.
I hope that TDO help you at your trading. Please, contact me if you have any questions. I wish you good trading.
Muhammad Al Bermaui, CMT
1- You can show or hide TDO Panel and Buttons by clicking on Shift + A / D.
2- You can switch between four beautiful and well-designed Color Lists. Or you can use your own color list by choosing the (Do Nothing) choice.
3- You can send Mobile Notification or emails and if anything gets wrong you will receive a note in the terminal's journal.
4- Indicator objects now change their size automatically by depending on screen resolution.
5- Made inputs much more user friendly.
6- Made a revision to the code to make sure that there are no bugs.
1. Those who use brokers with nonstandard symbols list. (ex: EURUSDecn, GBPUSDecn,...etc).
2. Those who want to enlarge their screen resolution through the windows (Customize Sizing Options).
I am now releasing version 7.1 and this project have been around MQL5 since 2015. I hope you can find it profitable for you as it was for me.
2. Organized TDO parameters in a better style.
3. Opened the limits for (First TDO Period [Min =1]) parameters. This reduced the number of warning messages for wrong inputs in the previous version.
4. Changed the Channels period to 1000. This make TDO channels a very good trend filter.
2. Organized TDO parameters in a better style.
3. Enhanced the Round Number Grid calculation method.
4. Added sub levels to the Round Number Grid.
5. Added what I call Zig Zone Levels to easily capture support & resistance.
1.2. "Symbol Switch Panel" can be from User inputs or from Market Watch window.
1.3. "Symbol Switch Panel" can change chart for current window or open it in a new one.
1.4. User can use "Symbol Switch Panel" to change current chart time frame.
1.5. User control the number of buttons on "Symbol Switch Panel". He can make them appear on main chart or TDO window.
2.1 Added a "Price Channel".
2.2 User can choose between "Standard Deviation" or "Linear Regression" channels.
2.3 User can draw channels as a ray or make them as background.
3.1 Added a "Price Grid".
3.2 User can choose between "Automatic Grid" and "Customer Grid".
3.3 User can multiply distance between grid levels.
2. Made inputs much more user friendly.
3. Added arrow signals to follow the trend.
4. Added a multi time period panel.
5. Made shadow with color when trend is strong.
6. Added alerts when a new arrow appear.
7. Added alerts when multi time period panel is in-line.