During strong directional movements, the probability always leans towards moving along the trend. This is the probability utilized by the fully automated Catcher Trends v2.0 robot, abbreviated CT2.
Trades are opened only in the trend direction and based on important levels. CT2 enters the market by its own algorithm using pending stop orders with predefined stop loss and take profit. This minimizes the slippages when opening trades, and stop loss prevents the unforeseen losses.
The order placement point as well as take profit and stop loss values are calculated every hour according to the latest changes in the price. The EA constantly monitors the market in anticipation of strong directional movements.
The average frequency of market entries is once a week.
Conditions of use
Strong movements in the market take place during the London and New York trading sessions, therefore, the CT2 EA need to be able to operate during this time.
Similar to any Expert Advisors, it is recommended to run it on a VPS server.
The EA must be attached to EURUSD H1 chart for maximum efficiency.
5-digit quotes, minimum lot - 0.01
Advantages of the CT2 EA
- Stable growth of profit in testing on a period from 2000 to 2017.
- Does not use lagging indicators and enters the market only based on the price action.
- Uses dynamic stop loss, eliminating the risk of losing the deposit.
- It has a small drawdown, therefore it is suitable for use as part of a portfolio of multiple robots with different operation algorithms.
- Do not use martingale, grid and other high-risk trading strategies.
- It also works well on other volatile pairs, which indicates the efficiency of the algorithm.
- The EA is not sensitive to spread and slippage. It can work in all market conditions, with any broker and on any accounts with a minimum size of the deposit, even with $50, at least $100 is recommended.
- Optimized algorithm of the robot does not load the CPU.
- CT2 is fully automated and has a minimal number of settings.
- Automatically analyzes the price movement and determines the parameters for entering the market.
- The optimal EA settings have been preset for trading the EURUSD pair.
Settings of the Catcher Trends EA
Strategy settings for opening buy orders
- Buy_ON - enable the strategy of opening only buy orders
- High_Shift - the upper gap from a significant level for entering the market
- ATR_Buy_Bars - volatility of the ATR for the number of bars
- LS_Buy_Ratio - coefficient for adjusting the internal algorithm
Strategy settings for opening sell orders
- Sell_ON - enable the strategy of opening only sell orders
- Low_Shift - the lower gap from a significant level for entering the market
- ATR_Sell_Bars - volatility of the ATR for the number of bars
- LS_Sell_Ratio - coefficient for adjusting the internal algorithm
- By_Type - enable doubling the lot size only after a profitable buy or sell trade
- Max_Risk - risk per trade, percentage of the free margin to automatically increase the lot size. If set to 0, entries are always made with the minimum lot
- Magic - individual number for orders of the EA
- Order Comment - any order comment
- Show Info - display tick indicator and info panel on the chart
Before purchasing the EA, download the trial version and test the robot on the history data provided by your broker.
Do not change the initial parameters of the robot, if you are not certain in your actions.
By increasing the Max_Risk value, enabling By_Type and By_All, you can significantly increase the profitability of the robot, if you know what you are doing. Change the settings at your own risk.
Please send the author a private message to get support or help, or if you have any questions, comments or suggestions.
2. Optimized the code.
3. Added the info panel.
2. Added the take profit to stop loss ratio for buy and sell deals (RRBuy,RRSell).
3. New robot settings are set by default.