Fractals Trader Expert Advisor uses modernized Bill Williams system (Trading Chaos and New Trading Dimensions) based on fractal levels breakthrough with filtering according to indicators and patterns from higher time frames.
Fractal levels are filtered by AO+AC (Zone Trading), MA (Trend Trading), Fibonacci Patterns (under development).
All required parameters for opening, closing and control of an open trade by the EA are adjusted in settings. Each currency pair or portfolio requires individual setting according to its volatility, spread and lifetime of an open trade.
Buying or renting FRACTALS TRADER EA you make an indispensable contribution to its further improvement and development of our future projects.
Expert Advisor Parameters
Inputs for expert:
- Expert Magic Number - the unique MagicNumber for identifying trades.
- List symbols via "," - comma separated list of symbols. If nothing is specified, the EA works on the current chart.
Work time properties:
- Use custom work time - EA operation time (true/false - enabled/disabled).
- Use local time - trade server time or your local computer time.
- Close position if time off - close all positions after the end of the operation time.
Inputs for signal:
- Allow Buy - allow buy trades.
- Allow Sell - allow sell trades.
- Number bar for signal - the bar of the signal for trades: current - current price, first - the first closed bar, second - the second closed bar.
- Period for main signal - timeframe for fractals.
- Мin. Fractal Breakdown (in points) - minimum breakdown of a fractal.
- Max. Fractal Breakdown (in points) - maximum breakdown of a fractal.
- Reverse signal - reversal of signals; if it's on, the EA will sell at a signal to buy and vice versa.
- Coup position on invert signal - position reversal at an opposite signal.
- Coup only profit>0 position - revert only a profitable position.
- Add position for new signal - position increase at a new signal in the same direction.
Inputs for filter:
- Use filter BW-TradeZone - filter the main signal using indicators AC+AO (areal trading), true/false - on/off.
- Period for filter - period of indicators AC+AO.
- Use current bar - use the current bar (price) or the closed one.
- No trade, if spread more (in points, 0 - off.) - do not trade if spread exceeds this value.
- Use MA filter - use Moving Average to filter the main signal, true/false - on/off.
- Method MA - Moving Average method.
- Period MA - Moving Average period.
- Shift for MA signal - Moving Average shift.
- Price for MA signal - price Moving Average is applied to.
Inputs for money:
- Use Money Management - dynamic lot, true/false - on/off.
- Percent Risk - dynamic lot percent of the free margin.
- Fixed Lot Size - fixed lot for all trades.
- No trade, if free margin less (in currency by deposit, 0 - off.) - stop opening new trades when the free margin amount reduces to the specified value.
- Maximum volume for position (0 - off.) - maximum lot size for all positions.
Inputs for martingale:
- Coefficient Martingale (0 - off.) - Martingale ratio value.
- Max. Lot for Martingale - maximum lot size for Martingale.
- Number of Losing Trades for on Martingale - the number of losing deals, after which Martingale is enabled.
Inputs for average:
- Use Average - position averaging, true/false - on/off.
- Distance for average (in points) - the number of points for setting additional orders relative to the main position.
- Max Average Orders - maximum number of deals opened with averaging.
- Coefficient for Average orders - averaging ratio.
Inputs for trailing:
- Close Profit by % of deposit (0 - off.) - close all deals when the total profit reaches the specified % of the deposit.
- Close Profit in deposit currency (0 - off.) - close all deals when the total profit reaches the specified amount in the deposit currency.
- Close Loss by % of deposit (0 - off.) - close all deals when the total loss reaches the specified % of the deposit.
- Close Loss in deposit currency (0 - off.) - close all deals when the total loss reaches the specified amount in the deposit currency.
- Take Profit (in points, 0 - off.) - Take Profit of each position.
- Stop Loss (in points, 0 - off.) - Stop Loss of each position.
- Trailing Start (in points, 0 - off.) - enables/disables the trailing stop function.
- Trailing Step (in points, 0 = Step from "Trailing Start") - step of the trailing stop.
- Slippage (in points) - price slippage when opening a deal.
Inputs for no loss:
- Level Profit for No Loss (in points, 0 - off) - moving Stop Loss to breakeven when the position makes the specified number of points.
- Level No Loss (in points, 0 - price open) - distance of Stop Loss from the open price in points.
Inputs for visible objects:
- Draw line for new signal - show fractal breakdown lines on a chart (true/false - on/off).
- Color for buy signal - color of the Buy line.
- Color for sell signal - color of the Sell line.
- Width lines - line width.
- Style lines - line style.
Inputs for button:
- Show button - show the button for closing all deals on a chart (true/false - on/off).
- Coordinate X for button - coordinates along the horizontal axis.
- Coordinate Y for button - coordinates along the vertical axis.
- Fixed all currently discovered errors of the EA's operation.
- Changed the algorithm for determining and displaying breakthrough fractals.
- Removed 'Cannot load indicator iFractals' error.
2. Added two additional parameters closing transactions for profit and loss account in the deposit currency.
3. Trailing Stop Trailing added step.
4. Added option takes into account the slippage at opening transactions.
5. Added the maximum lot size for all open transactions.
6. In setting the time trade added option to close all trades when the time is reached.
2. Accelerated the EA operation in the strategy tester thanks to the optimized code and the modified indicator for defining the filter signals. BW-ZoneTrade indicator has been replaced with АО+АС.
3. Added 'Max spread' for controlling the spread. Now, the EA can be used with brokers using a floating spread. You only need to specify the maximum acceptable spread size, at which deals can still be performed.
4. Added 'Min Margin Level' for controlling the margin. When the specified % is reached, the EA stops opening new deals. This allows avoiding a margin call.
5. Changed 'Max Average Orders' averager function. Now, the averager closes a deal after a specified amount of averagings. This allows avoiding significant losses if the price moves too far.
6. Reset the EA settings. You should select the setting parameters (take profit, trailing, signal periods, etc.) on your own when testing the EA.
2. Fixed all detected errors that caused freezing and crashes after switching timeframes.
3. Added the function for closing all positions in case a specified loss level (in percentage) is reached - Close Loss (%).
4. Added the function for closing a previous trade and opening a new one according to an opposite signal only if a trade is profitable - Coup only profit position.
5. Provided the function for adding to a position when a new signal is received - Add position for new signal.
6. Added the function to select the signal bar receiving mode. You can choose whether a trade is to be opened right after a signal, or should the EA wait till a signal is formed on a closed bar and open a trade only at the opening of a following or a second bar - Use current bar.
7. Added the EA download level to the upper left corner of the chart (100% - the EA is working).
8. Added the function for selecting the breakthrough fractal period - Period for Fractals.
8. Optimized the default EA settings for traders working on USDJPY H1.
- Considered all recommendations, fixed user reported errors, added new functionality.
- Optimized the appearance when configuring the EA. Now, all settings are divided into blocks having different names.
- Added a condition for selecting the time for market entry and position closing by hours, minutes and week days ('Work time properties'): if the parameters are left unchanged, the EA works round the clock.
- Added the system of averaging the trades ('Use Average') that has had a drawdown or had gone against the trend. The EA opens a position every specified number of points in the same direction with the lot size equal to the ratio specified in the settings.
- Added multicurrency feature ('List simbols via') - now, it is possible to trade several pairs simultaneously, while entering your own list of comma-separated working symbols in the settings.
- Added breakout fractal filter ('Use filter BW-TradeZone') for improving the quality of trading signals. The filter is based on zonal trading (according to Bill Williams' book "New Trading Dimensions") with the ability to select a timeframe for filtration. Now, the Expert Advisor opens trades following the readings of the filtering indicator from the higher timeframes.
- Added the function for moving a stop level to the breakeven ('Use No Loss').
- For more convenient tracking, the lines of breakout fractals are displayed on the chart when opening trades.
- Added CLOSE ALL button to the chart to close all trades in a single click.
- Added the function for closing all positions in case the deposit grows by the percentage value specified in the settings (the default value is 10%).
- Added position reversal function in case of an opposite direction signal.
- Optimized the EA operation. Increased speed and operation reliability.
- Fixed error when working with the tester.
- Optimized the EA settings for users' convenience. Removed unnecessary options.
- Improved entry system.
Percentage of profits from the deposit to close the deal - 0 means Off.
- Buy only - Allow BUY
- Sell only - Allow SELL
When both options are set to TRUE, trades are performed in both directions.
Added the function to select minimum breakthrough of a fractal level. In the settings you can indicate the number of points to pass for a breakthrough.