SAFE Automatic robot
Safe Automatic is a safe MetaТrader 5 trading robot working autonomously on a VPS server. The good results are achieved on EURUSD.
The EA applies modified versions of a trend-following strategy, half-pyramiding, scalping, Elliott Wave method and speculating trading with a deposit protection. The EA switches the strategies automatically. The program also takes the news calendar into account: the robot does not enter the market in a 10-minute interval before and after a news release and does not trade at night from 10 p.m. to 4 a.m. (server time).
The robot was tested in the special tester on real ticks. Empirical equations and saddle points were found for EURUSD to define efficient ratios. During the trading, the ratios are automatically adjusted simulating a trader's activity.
Real Take Profit (TP) and Stop Loss are used together with virtual ones for safety reasons.
To work correctly, the EA requires a Pro or ECN (Market/Instant Execution) with the spread having the size from 0 to 3.5 points (0-35 points for the 5 digit quotes), quotes with 5 (3) decimal places, and with instant execution of orders (less than 1 sec.), the leverage from 1:25 (the recommended value is higher than 1:50).
Quotes: EURUSD, GBPUSD, AUDUSD, EURGBP, NZDUSD, EURJPY, USDJPY, USDCAD, NZDJPY, CADJPY, AUDJPY, USDCHF, EURCHF, AUDCAD.
Account currency: USD, EUR.
Maximum average drawdown is 20%. The minimum deposit is $1 000, the recommended value is $2 500.
Below are the input/output objects providing the ability to select operation modes directly on the chart in a single click:
- On/Off (iONOFF) – enable/disable the robot
- i - Shows statistics for all pairs
- from_date, to_date - Beginning and end of statistics
- Sell (iSELL), Buy(iBUY) – by clicking Sell or Buy buttons, you can enable (green) or disable (red) opening a new order (position)
- x1 (iX2) – first-time lot increase (2-4 times). Any enabling of x1 will increase the lot once again.
- x2 (iX14) – second-time lot increase (4-10 times).
- Time (iTIME)– amount of bars (3 – 600), time interval 5 х Time minutes
- Coef. lot (iKLOT) – lot ratio (20 000 and higher) for defining the minimum (base) lot for opening a new order: minlot= BalanceValue / Coef. lot
- Pr1 (iPR1), Pr2 (iPR2)– minimum standard order closing points (virtual TP, Pr1 – for a minimum lot, Pr2 – for a increased lot)
- Drawdown (iDrawdown)– virtual SL in % of the balance (drawdown by funds), at which an order is closed
The price change rate is taken into account by the robot algorithm, while OnTimer() function time is handled incorrectly, as well as the news calendar and commission are not considered in the tester. Therefore, the tests may yield incorrect results.
Tips on Improving the Results
- The Time value may be decreased to 5, Coef. lot: 40 000 during a quiet market
- Apart from EURUSD, other currency pairs may be added
- Increase the value of Pr1 and Pr2
Please note that the higher the profit, the higher the risk!
Tips on Risk Mitigation
- In case of a slow trend (lasting more than an hour), disable Sell if the trend is bullish or Buy if the trend is bearish
- If the robot is set on several charts, keep Coef. lot above 300 000
- Set Time to a value higher than 35(120,300)
Recommendations on Usage
- If there are no open orders, you can open it manually, so that a robot continues working with the order
- If an order is opened by the EA, you can close it manually
- Do not increase a volume of an open order and change Coef. lot
- It is not recommended to leave an open order at weekends. Close it manually after 11 p.m. (server time)
Petros Shatakhtsyan – programming expert in modeling and development of automated trading systems with more than 8 years of Forex experience.
1. Changed the internal parameters.
2. Changed the default settings : Coef.lot(iKLOT)=200 000, Time=120, Pr1=14, Pr2=7, Drawdown=30
3. New parameters for "High" mode:
N Pairs Coef.lot Time Pr1 Pr2 DD
1 EURUSD 80 000 120 14 7 30
2 USDCAD 100 000 120 14 11 30
3 NZDUSD 120 000 120 12 11 30
4 AUDUSD 150 000 120 16 9 30
5 EURCAD 140 000 120 16 9 30
- Added a new pair: EURCAD
- Increased Drawdown up to 80%.
- Each pair has its own internal settings
button x1- First increase of the lot (2-4 times).
button x2- Second increase of the lot (4-10 times).
* Trading account should be without hedging.
* The new version will work only with build 1325 and higher
* Necessary to test the robot in mode: "Every tick based on real ticks"
Default settings: Coef.lot=300 000, Time=300, Pr1=12, Pr2=5, Drawdown=30
Added button with the "i" letter, it shows statistics for all 14 pairs.
This will give the opportunity to choose a pair with a good performance.
In the new version:
- Added currency pairs NZDJPY, CADJPY, AUDJPY, USDCHF
- Improved speed of operation.
Recommendation: Given the volatility of the currency pairs which contain GBP and JPY, it is advised to use higher values of Coef.lot.
- Changed the lower boundary of the drawdown (1-50%)
- In test mode, input parameter values are not saved.
- Improved stability of trade based on the real ticks.
I advise you to test on real ticks on MetaQuotes-Demo server in the mode "Every tick based on real ticks".
- Changed the default mode of operation: Coef.lot = 300 000, Time = 13
- Added the currency pair USDJPY
Recommendation: For currency pairs with GBP and JPY use Coef.lot = 500 000 and above
The ability to trade with small deposits starting at $500, with a leverage of 1:200 and more
Added order type filling "Immediate or Cancel" (IOC)
2. The states of all open orders are now remembered and are automatically restored after MT restart.
Some change in the trade at night.
Corrected negative value Stop Loss.
Changed the default values Time=24, Drawdown=20