Alpha9 EA *** Released to TSD Elite Members ***

Hi, I will release one of my private EAs.

It's called Alpha9, it was developed from scratch, this EA is a pure trend following system, with not martingale or any cost averaging scheme, I spend hundred, if not thousand of hours developing, testing and optimizing this system from many months ago

It have 2 types of trade engines and 6 engines in total, each one use his own MagicNumber and Order comments to be easy to identify the origin of each order:

1 - Multitimeframe Trend following: There are 5 independent MTF engines, this type of engine use Multitimeframe Heiken Ashi Indicators to trade following the main trend, pretty similar to one controversial EA in the Commercial Section but with some subtle differences, This EA will enter the trade way before his commercial counterpart, and it also have filters to discard risky trades when the trend is not very well defined and properly place internal StopLoss on all trades.

More Info and the original idea about the MTF Engine is here: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176695 and the evolution or improvements using the Momentum Deviation concept is here: Alpha9 Improved MTF Engine

2- RSI-R2: This Engine don't trade frequently, but is extremely profitable in the long term, but only if you use the default low risk MM, it also have properly placed internal StopLoss. More info about the rules of this engine are here: Improved RSI-R2 Strategy

Again, This EA use internal Stops, All stops are properly placed at the MA 200 days, the point when traders will consider a major change in the long term Trend.

The Stops are somewhat wider, but they work better that way, and efficiently protect the account against major loss, This balance work only if you don't increase the MM to risky values. The default MM is the correct one to keep winners an losers trades on balance.

A combination of backtest on all pairs suggest that the EA have expectancy between -8% percent profit in the worst year to +79% in the best year, this is the result of 6 years of independent backtest on all pairs, and the combination of those results into one backtest each year.

On average the EA return 28% profit each year.

These are the most safe settings I was able to find. I think those results are good ones if we consider the safety of your deposit as first priority and the fact that this EA now have almost set and forget settings, its a low maintenance boring EA, you will not make millions overnight with this system, but your risk is definitely very low if your account is properly capitalized.

I will repeat again: with the current settings the system have a positive expectancy, with a very low risk.

There is also a equity stop set to protect 90% of the account if suddenly things went wrong on many pairs together and the MA 200 if too far away like when market accelerate to doing crazy trends and suddenly correct thousand of pips.

You need a minimum of $1k to trade this system on a mini account at IBFX, $10K to trade on a standard account at IBFX, $10K to trade at FXLQ and $100K to trade at one broker without micro lots like NF, and $10K to trade at FXDD with micro lots.

Let me post a description about trend following strategies to explain why we should be careful with the MM and to understand the pro and the dangers of this type of strategy.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Trend Following Trading Method - From Way of the Turtle Book page22 Author Curtis M Faith

In trend following, the trader attempts to capitalize on large price movements over the course of several months. Trend followers enter trades when markets are at historical highs or lows, sometimes buying dips or selling rallies within the main trend, and exit or reverse positions when a market reverse and sustain that movement for a few weeks.

Traders spend a lot of time developing methods to determine when a trend has begun and when has ended; however, ALL the approaches that are effective have very similar performance characteristics. Trend following generates excellent returns and has done consistently for as long as anyone has traded futures contracts, but it is not an easy strategy for most people to follow for several reasons.

Trend Following systems lose when trends reverse. A common expression that trend followers use is "The trend is your friend until the end when it bends"

The bends at the end can be brutal both on your account and on your psyche.

Traders refer to these losing periods as drawdowns. Drawdowns usually begin after a trendy period ends, but they can continue for months when markets are choppy, and the trend-following strategies continue generating losing trades.

Drawdowns generally are measured in terms of both, their length (in days or months) and their extent (usually in percentage terms)

As general rule one can expect drawdowns for trend following systems to approach the level of returns. Thus, is a trend following system is expected to generate a 30 percent annual return, you can expect a losing period in which the account may drop 30 percent from its highs.

Trend following requires a relative large amount of money to trade using reasonable risk limits because of the large distance between the entry price and the stop loss price at which one would exit if the trade did not work out.

Trading a trend following strategy with too little money greatly increase the add of going bust.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The results of the last months forward testing appear to confirm the backtesting results.

Timeframes are hard coded, because that, the EA work on any Timeframe.

Install the VHF and Heiken Ashi indicators in your MT indicators folder.

Heiken Ashi indicators are well now for his extensive need of memory and CPU, because that, this EA demand a lot of resources, to make thing easy, go to MT Tools/options/charts/ and reduce "Max Bars in Chart" to 1000 The EA don't need more than 1000 bars to do his calculations, it will save a lot of memory and CPU power.

I now consider the development finish. The end result is a Professional low risk, low maintenance, low profit, but long term profitable and safe system, and probably way better than some Commercial Systems available in TSD Commercial section.

At least this is the expectation under past and current market condition, nobody can predict if the market in the future will change enough to trash this system or if I did a bigger conceptual mistake in all the calculations or backtesting, I am human and I can do wrong things like anyone else.

If you want to use it live, do it at your risk, the most wise thing is forward test this system for many months or even years before go live.

Enjoy.

Disclaimer

Forex is a high risk market. You may lose substantial amount of money by taking the risk of live trading. I shall not be held responsible for any loss.

Project

A lot of effort has gone into this EA and we thank you for it.

The important question is the worst drawdown for this system using all the pairs .What is the worst case scenario?

Regards

El cid

looks great, thank you for your effort, and thank you again for you release to the semi-public domain.

I'll plug it on a spare MT4 platform and we'll see where it goes.

Thank you very much for posting your creation Project1972.

No doubt lots of folks will download this and demo it for a few days then forget about it. Most people want something that trades non-stop makes 2,000 pips a month and will make them millionaires in 6 months.

Its gems like this proven consistent EA that is traded with actual REAL money that folks should be focusing on. Its things like this that puts you on the 5% side instead of the 95% side.

Again, thanks for sharing.

lepiricus:

No doubt lots of folks will download this and demo it for a few days then forget about it. Most people want something that trades non-stop makes 2,000 pips a month and will make them millionaires in 6 months.

Heh I laughed at the above.. it's so true! People don't realize that professional hedge funds handling billions of dollars dream of 20%+/year. Most can't even do it annually year over year and yet some people out there think they should be doing it per month.

Kudos to Project1972 for making an EA that's actually realistic.

lepiricus:
Thank you very much for posting your creation Project1972.

Its gems like this proven consistent EA that is traded with actual REAL money that folks should be focusing on. Its things like this that puts you on the 5% side instead of the 95% side.

That's correct, another scenario are the guys that will tweak the MM 10 times more higher, and after few weeks will come here telling that the EA is doing 10% profit each week.........only to get wipe off few weeks or months after in a strong correction.

People didn't realize that the key to survive is the correct MM.

Just for info, I did a experimental forward testing of this EA with a higher MM up to 10 times higher and a lower equity stop at the 50%, it worked for few weeks making almost 10% weekly profit until the last credit crunch destroyed the account with successive equity stops. There is not way to survive in the markets for long time using an aggressive MM.

The default MM is ok to afford unexpected corrections without much loss, and the EA should successfully recoup from those conditions faster.

Hi project1972,

Thanks you very much.

I want to ask. It is written inside the code that estimated settings is default ones. Besides we can use this EA with any timeframe. And it was mentioned some pairs inside the code.

So, if I understand we can use this EA with default settings for the pairs mentioned inside the code, right? And we can attach it to any timefame. To H4 for example, right?

Do we need to use different starting magic number for every pair?

newdigital:
Hi project1972,

Thanks you very much.

I want to ask. It is written inside the code that estimated settings is default ones. Besides we can use this EA with any timeframe. And it was mentioned some pairs inside the code.

So, if I understand we can use this EA with default settings for the pairs mentioned inside the code, right? And we can attach it to any timefame. To H4 for example, right?

Do we need to use different starting magic number for every pair?

That's correct, default settings on all pairs and default MagicNumber on all pairs. The timeframe doesn't matter, it could be M1 or Mn, the EA will trade exactly the same.

It was tested and optimized on the following pairs:

USDCHF, USDJPY, EURUSD, GBPUSD, EURCHF, EURGBP, USDCAD, AUDUSD, GBPCHF, GBPJPY, CHFJPY, NZDUSD, EURCAD, AUDJPY, EURAUD, EURJPY, AUDCAD, AUDNZD, NZDJPY

The other question.

Sorry I confused with this one because mini, micro and standard lot size may be different:

You need a minimum of $1k to trade this system on a mini account at IBFX, $10K to trade on a standard account at IBFX, $10K to trade at FXLQ and $100K to trade at one broker without micro lots like NF, and $10K to trade at FXDD with micro lots.

For example, if someone wants to use it with 0.1 lot with North finance, Alpari, Fibo Group, Lite forex or any similar so which deposit size should be in this case? 10,000 or 100,000? can we reduce testing pairs to test 1,000 deposite or 5,000?

great work

hi, Project

thank you very much for hard work, i am starting with demo account.

i' d ask you if can post Elite_FTP_v1 displayed on first post, now i am using Bal_eq_ind.

thanks in advance

best ragards

giapel

Hello. dear,

I try to test this EA in IBFX demo mini account,but why they open trade with 0.01 lot even I change to 1 lot in EA setting.

Thank in advance.

Cha.

Reason: