Alpha9 EA *** Released to TSD Elite Members *** - page 60

jm_killybegs,

I see the following.

I got PET with Alpha PET1:

and EA is not trading for some hours (it is written on the chart):

It is the situation right now:

But as I see, almost all the pairs were in profit closed. It was loss for EURAUD and AUDUSD only. And other pairs - in profit and some of them in big profit.

But you know ... PET is PET - all the trades were closed.

Files:

Alpha9v1.19 PSRSI Trader.

Alpha9v1.19 with PercentEquityTrailing = 1 and RSI settings.

H4 timeframe.

Same 19 pairs.

It was PET as well but the situation is different:

But as I see EA did not wait 96 hours ... may be because it is RSI settings using.

Yes, I understand now sorry.

With Alpha PET =1 was

equity protection.

equity protection is PET as I remember.

1%. And we should wait 96 hours.

With Alpha RSI settings it was equity trailing. And equity trailing is 10%. And we do not need to wait.

Sorry: too many settings here so it is difficult to remember everything. May be I am wrong so sorry.

Besides, it is related to Equity trailing = true ... may be.

I see this in my chart !

Files:
eur_2.gif  31 kb

Thanks, this is the basis of my question.

(I think)

In your chart, you can see that if the account equity drops below 22500 that all trades will be closed, and the EA will do nothing for the number of hours specified in the EA as: HoursToRestart

Associated, I believe that if the equity in your account grows to over a positive figure of 500 (or more), then the EA will close trades.

I am not sure of the logic behind when it will start trading again. It does not, in my opinion seem related to the HoursToRestart field.

My original question came from the fact that my EA seemed to hit the target equity, and then stall with some open trades. But, I've not seen the problem since. When the trades are closed based on the positive equity target being hit, it seems to jump straight in and trade again as soon as it thinks a suitable opening arises.

From your screen, I guess your account is set with 25000, protect 90%, and PET of 2%. In my mind this should mean that your account will be protected if it goes less than 22500 it will close all trades regardless of status, and if you get to 25500 it will close all trades regardless of status.

If your account is dropping in equity, your trades will ceases until the HoursToRestart is hit, (default is 96), but if your positive equity is hit, it should jump straight in again, and reset the target. (I think)

Cheers

JM

If you are talking about my testing so all Alpha EAs versions are testing with 10,000 initial deposit size with PET = 1. Except the version for small deposit size (1,000 deposit).

I'm not going mad...

OK, so I think I recreated the issue.....

This is a screenshot from my Demo IBFX account, which has hit the PET setting, and now it has ceased trading.

However, on my Live FXCast Account, when PET is hit, it just dives straight back in and starts trading again.

I'm using exactly the same settings on both accounts, but one appears to stop trading completely when PET is hit, and the other carrys on going.

Weird.....

Files:

mmmm

So, I managed to force it to get back trading again, which probably goes against the original idea of the PET and Equity Protection.

I messed around with the following settings, so I am not sure which one actually caused it to start trading again, but will post again if I find the issue in future.

AccountEquityPercentProtection=90

HoursToRestart=4;

EquityTrailing=true;

PercentEquityTrailing=1

I have a feeling it was when I changed the PET to 2%, that it started trading again.

(I continue to post this nonsense in the hope that it will help someone else in future!)

Cheers

JM

FXCast?

How many digits in price value for this broker?

5? I mean: 1.32334 instead of simple 1.3233?

I tested this EA with Alpari UK but when this broker changed the digits in the price so I changed the broker ... because I have no idea how this EA will perform with 5 digits price.

May be it was the reason?

newdigital:
FXCast?

How many digits in price value for this broker?

5? I mean: 1.32334 instead of simple 1.3233?

I tested this EA with Alpari UK but when this broker changed the digits in the price so I changed the broker ... because I have no idea how this EA will performed with 5 digits price.

May be it was the reason?

4 digits, i.e. AUDCAD is showing as 0.8314 at the moment, which is a little different that IBFX, and the spreads are always a little higher, but they allowed a very small account and 0.01 size lots, and easy account opening. Which were all essential for my small live account.

I'll be honest, their spreads are way off what some of the bigger players have, and i've lost 2/3 of my initial deposit (manual, emotional trading), but with Alpha, it's slowly moving back in the right direction..... If/when it get's back to the right side of overall equity, I'll pull out my original investment and see how it goes for a few months, before committing my retirement funds.

I'll be honest, so far at least, Alpha is one of the best performing EAs that I have tried across multiple pairs. Everything else seems to work well on specific pairs, but very badly on others.

As an aside, I'm also testing Alpha in the commodity futures world, with FXPro. I'm currently 1.25% Up since Sunday Night/Monday morning! On futures such as Corn, Soybean, Wheat, Natrual Gas, Sweat Crude... On a demo of course, but it'll be interesting to see how that works out...

Reason: