Alpha9 EA *** Released to TSD Elite Members *** - page 99

It is same as running this EA and the other EA in same computer with same copy of metatrader. Because if the protection is making per account so - it is same.

But that is the STILL unresolved question!

DOES THE EQUITY PROTECTION WORK ON MAGIC NUMBER OR ON TOTAL ACCOUNT?

WHICH IS IT?

odysseus11:
But that is the STILL unresolved question!

DOES THE EQUITY PROTECTION WORK ON MAGIC NUMBER OR ON TOTAL ACCOUNT?

WHICH IS IT?

Had to read back in the thread to refresh my memory and then checking in the code the Ea uses TOTAL account Equity Protection but looking again in the code (know this wasn't your question) for equity trailing it also uses total account equity.

ps) also please check Project1972's explanation about the equity features on first page post#5 also would recommend his explanations because he leaves a lot of nuggets of his wisdom. I know him and when he was trading he was quietly, extremely successful.

Thanks Bill,

is there any chance you could do a mod of it to have the equity protection and equity trail only relate to the positions for the same magic # (se we can use the EA along with others)?

Its a great EA, but not good enough to dedicate an entire account to by itself!

Thanks!

Odysseus

and btw, here ND you yourself actually state that equity protection and equity trail can be confined to only the charts running the same alpha magic number !!!

so again, which is it?

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178132/page44

page 66 post #651

thanks for looking into it guys!

odysseus

equity protection?

I am not a coder ...

It is what I wrote:

It should be in theory ... by the way I did not test it.

Besides, there are few versions of Alpha EA ...

Someone should look at it deeply sorry.

What settings do I need to use for backtesting?

newdigital:
I was asked to post the settings for Alpha9v1.21 EA dll version which I am trading.

So, please find EA with default settings which I am using.

I attached this EA to many charts.

Do not about dll file and VHF_v1 indicator from this post https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178132/page55

- unpack the dll from libAlpha.zip to experts\libraries sub-folder of your metatrader folder;

- place VHF_v1 indicator in indicator's folder of your Metatrader's directory and compile in MetaEditor (or re-start Metatrader).

Hi, i'm using the version on the quote above, I can't successfully test this on MT4.

I'm receiving "2011.07.30 17:46:29 2010.04.08 16:13 Alpha9v1.21 EURUSD,M15: OrderModify error 1" when Using this on any chart, do you know why this happens?

I'm using a 4 digit broker and I've used the "1" settings on PoinRatio instead of "10".

Also I can't find on the latest statements any information about 1.21 dll version of this EA, why is that? Is this being used on LIVE or demo?

And what pairs can be used on this EA.

Thank you.

hum..

Well after browsing a lot of pages for this EA, I found someone who said that this EA can't be backtested.

Is this still true on the latest version Alpha v1.21 DLL EA? If not how can I backtest this, what settings and what pairs.

From what I also understood this EA can be used on several pairs, can Someone please post me the pairs they use and the Timeframe?

On the latest statement I can't find any information about Alpha v.121 DLL EA, and on the Folder Alpha I can only see 2 pairs that received trades last week, but there is no information about Total pips or Total dollars for Any pair, is THAT ea from the statement folder called "Alpha" the same as Alpha v.121 DLL EA?

Thank you.

Hi forex-pt,

Backtesting for this EA can not be valid because it is multi timeframe EA. You can backtest just to see how EA works (and work or not), which lot size and so on.

As to the settings and the pairs - use EAs' thread - this post to find my settings:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176044/page2

I am using H1 timeframe.

... on the Folder Alpha I can only see 2 pairs that received trades last week, but there is no information about Total pips or Total dollars for Any pair ...

Statements are made automatically and it was some mistake yesterday in the evening for it sorry and it is very hard to upload it once again by pairs so use excel file from the last post of this thread:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173403 or select the statements from the last week for example (same thread).

So, you will be able to select the most profitable pairs.

Besides, I am posting such as visual statements by pairs every Sunday and normal Metatrader's statement too (and I will do it tomorrow as well). It may be good to see floating drawdown on open trades (by equity) and so on.

... called "Alpha" the same as Alpha v.121 DLL EA ...

I am trading 3 versions of Alpha. So, you should find 3 folders. Most profitable and less risky is dll version (created by Mladen).

Files:

Thank you

Thank you very much for your help.

This makes things easier to understand.

I've searched the previous statements and the excel files and seems that the total_pips for each pair for the Alpha v1.21 dll are "broken" the only working version of this file can be found on the post

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173403/page39

all statements for the weeks for July are not showing up total pips, they show only week pips. I'm not sure if this is happening with other EA's, but just want to post this to let you know.

Thank you again. I'm off to test, browse, test, and.. test.

Reason: