Alpha9 EA *** Released to TSD Elite Members *** - page 9

Hello project1972,

i'am forward testing your incredible EA on 8pairs. I'am surprised the EA opend today on GBPUSD two consecutive trades triggered on M30, during the big fall at 11h30 gmt. It used the alpha9 engine. Any idea?

Edit: default settings.

Files:
alpha9.gif  22 kb

Flytox:
Hello project1972,

i'am forward testing your incredible EA on 8pairs. I'am surprised the EA opend today on GBPUSD two consecutive trades triggered on M30, during the big fall at 11h30 gmt. It used the alpha9 engine. Any idea?

Edit: default settings.

That's correct, I just remember you that the EA try to "predict" the end of a trend against the main long term trend, but it doesn't mean the the system will be successfully all the times. Sometimes it fail and we get drawdown, that's the reason of a final stop at the MA 200 and the equity stop.

If the system would be soo successfully all the times, nothing prevent us of increase the MM 10 times and make a killing. but unfortunately this is not the case.

An EA is just a stupid program without human discretion, that's why the reason of use a very low MM and a method able of make profit in the "long term" but in the long term you can be sure that our equity will be full of dips, tips an valleys.

A risk free system with lineal equity increase doesn't exist, except maybe in arbitrage systems.

Currently, the system reached 10721 pips profit but its on the worst drawdown from the starting of the forward testing with -6235 pips mostly because the drop of AUD, NZD and the increase of the JPY

I want to thank you for this EA, you are a kind man to share this after all the time you put into it

THANK you

this morning when I woke up it has shut down exactly as you said it would saving the equity. I had it running on a small 1000 demo and had just let it do its thing, another Ea however, simliar to this is now at over 50% DD and I see no hope of recovery for it.

More than 6500pip floating till today? I was testing from the first day of this thread.Am I doing anything incorrect?

project1972:
That's correct, I just remember you that the EA try to "predict" the end of a trend against the main long term trend, but it doesn't mean the the system will be successfully all the times. Sometimes it fail and we get drawdown, that's the reason of a final stop at the MA 200 and the equity stop.

If the system would be soo successfully all the times, nothing prevent us of increase the MM 10 times and make a killing. but unfortunately this is not the case.

An EA is just a stupid program without human discretion, that's why the reason of use a very low MM and a method able of make profit in the "long term" but in the long term you can be sure that our equity will be full of dips, tips an valleys.

A risk free system with lineal equity increase doesn't exist, except maybe in arbitrage systems.

Currently, the system reached 10721 pips profit but its on the worst drawdown from the starting of the forward testing with -6235 pips mostly because the drop of AUD, NZD and the increase of the JPY

Thank for your answers.

nancy2006bj:
More than 6500pip floating till today? I was testing from the first day of this thread.Am I doing anything incorrect?

Nope you haven't done anything wrong, my demo has more than 6500 pips floating loss.. lol. We'll see how it works it out next week!

Hello

i ve tested Alpha during this week to see what's going on with this quite strong movment on indices.

the scenario is always the same (quite different with august crash ) .

Carry pair fall ... (AUd / NZD )... xxx/JPY fall etc.

Normally EUR + GBP fall too but it will arrive later.(ubs+DBank... prediction ).

JPY + Chf -> up ...

in such market you have with alpha, 15 pairs (= 15 directions) but in fact you have a risky exposure in a fall of stock market.

6400 points is nothing : you can have 12 000 may be 20000 points of loose( it is a not so big correction on stocks market you know... ie you stay over the sma200 in daily timeframe).

In fact , MA 200 is quite 80 % accurate but in this 20 % of case, it could be catastophic.

It is the reason why i suggest to implement discretionnary parameters ...

but i understand project1972 to not implement such parameters and have just an equity protection.

In this case , it is difficult to run alpha in such market, i have to wait stable market to play big trend and reach for sure 78 % / year. ;-)...

in each case archi bravo for this beautiful piece of software...

I will give you a sugestion or to any ane that can program it i think this ea will be a better ane if you add a rsi indicator and never buy a overbought corrency and never sell a oversold this will help a lot the ea i think if any ane do that send me a copy to test

Rafaelro:
I will give you a sugestion or to any ane that can program it i think this ea will be a better ane if you add a rsi indicator and never buy a overbought corrency and never sell a oversold this will help a lot the ea i think if any ane do that send me a copy to test

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum

My first week with Alpha9

Fellow Traders,

i am running Alpha9 in 3 different live accounts with slightly different setups and brokers.

1.ECN account with risk 0.2 and only SRSI+H4+H1 enabled

2.Same as above, but 0.5 risk on both

3.IBFX with SRSI 1.0 and rest 0.5 risk

Account 3 has by far outperformed the other 2 accounts so far and is triggering very limited number of trades on all 19 pairs.DD is less than 2% , peak to valley

The other accounts are doing well, but have a slightly higher DD of around 3% peak to valley.

Balance in all accounts is positive, while equity is negative.

So far no trade was closed at SL, but we are getting close on some of the JPY trades.

At the moment Alpha9 is behaving and performing exactly as Project 1972 predicted.

DXtrade, i agree with you 100%.

Nothing to fix right now, there are very few experts(Breakout systems) , which have done that well over the past week.

Observation.........Alpha9 is performing much better in the Asian session, than in European and NY session right now.

Testing this EA must continue for a year or longer, until i might see a reason to fix anything.

If trend resumes, we will see a nice comeback.If stopped at 10% protection, we must work it from there.Remember that the EA has recovered from the 16th August dip nicely.

Any trader must know, that we do have a 10% risk, which i see as very limited,no matter, if you leave the shorter timeframes off in correction periods, or not.

Whether the overall profitability increases with these settings has to be seen, but from the past week and posted experience from the author, it looks pretty good to me.

Janus