Alpha9 EA *** Released to TSD Elite Members *** - page 11

project1972:
Hi, robinsonia, this is not a bug, what triggered here is the Equity Trailing.
extern bool EquityTrailing =True; // To enable a equity trail, it will close all orders when equity show profit extern double PercentEquityTrailing =2; // Percent of profit to start the closure off all the orders.

The EA have 2 Equity closures, The Equity Stop is to protect against a major loss.

The Equity Trailing is to close all positions when the Profit reached a X amount over the account balance, you can disable it if you want.

why would you have an equity trailing on the entire account?

Nice work here project1972 and all contributing. Is there settings that would make the EA take the 4hr TF as the long term trend? I have been tinkering with your EA trying to alter the long term trend but it always logics to the orginal settings.

adam777:
why would you have an equity trailing on the entire account?

Really, I don't have a real proof that it will increase profitability, some people want to use it to close the entire groups of orders when the account reach a x amount of profit. but you can disable it if you want.

qz10cq:
Nice work here project1972 and all contributing. Is there settings that would make the EA take the 4hr TF as the long term trend? I have been tinkering with your EA trying to alter the long term trend but it always logics to the orginal settings.

If you disable the Mn,W1,D1 trends, it will work and the H4 will leader the trend direction but the MA200 will filter the trades anyway.

To remove the MA200 filter you need to delete this condition

Bid<(SMA200-SMAFilter*Point)[/CODE]

Remove it from the Buy orders and the Sell orders

[CODE]if (Trend=="DW" && Bid<(SMA200-SMAFilter*Point) && ProximityOrder(Bid,Point*PipRegion,"SELL")==false)

{

STicket=Sell(MgcNumber,TFTrg);

if (STicket>0) {showSArrow(234,Red);}

return(0);

}

Back testing

Hi I have just setup this EA on a back test I cant seem to get it to place any orders over a year time frame, the reason I did this was to check that it worked before i forward test. I cant see any errors in the journal and the indicators are in the correct folder. Any ideas

Thanks in advance

marine1983:
Hi I have just setup this EA on a back test I cant seem to get it to place any orders over a year time frame, the reason I did this was to check that it worked before i forward test. I cant see any errors in the journal and the indicators are in the correct folder. Any ideas Thanks in advance

This was already addressed on this Post.

Yeah sorry missed that post. Has placed its first trade today on forward test. Its in profit so far nice EA thanks

Impressive

Hi project1972

I would like to say that I am amazed at this EA. Not only from the impressive results but the code inside is a piece of art. Everything is very well laid out and well documented, its not hard to follow the logical sequence of your code. I can only strive to obtain this level of craftsmanship in my own personal projects. I hate to mess with such a fine project but I am considering some minor changes. Before I do this I would like to ask your advice and permission to proceed. You recommend running this EA alone without other EA's and I can see in the code where your logic can be altered such that you only consider the equity of the trades made by this EA and not the entire portfolio thus allowing you to include other EA's to your portfolio without interfering with the equity stop or equity trailing. Which would allow you to get more bang for your buck. If this EA is having a bad spell your other EA's could make up for it and vice versa, or simply they could both be having good spells simultaneously. My biggest question here is whether the platform could handle the added load as I can see this system is a resource hog.

Thank you for your time,

faqcya

faqcya:
Hi project1972

I would like to say that I am amazed at this EA. Not only from the impressive results but the code inside is a piece of art. Everything is very well laid out and well documented, its not hard to follow the logical sequence of your code. I can only strive to obtain this level of craftsmanship in my own personal projects. I hate to mess with such a fine project but I am considering some minor changes. Before I do this I would like to ask your advice and permission to proceed. You recommend running this EA alone without other EA's and I can see in the code where your logic can be altered such that you only consider the equity of the trades made by this EA and not the entire portfolio thus allowing you to include other EA's to your portfolio without interfering with the equity stop or equity trailing. Which would allow you to get more bang for your buck. If this EA is having a bad spell your other EA's could make up for it and vice versa, or simply they could both be having good spells simultaneously. My biggest question here is whether the platform could handle the added load as I can see this system is a resource hog.

Thank you for your time,

faqcya

You have permission to do whatever you want, except distribute the code in public way outside of TSD-Elite section, everyone have permission to modify anything posted by me, that's why I always post source code.

Any improvement will be appreciated by the community.

My biggest question here is whether the platform could handle the added load as I can see this system is a resource hog.

Limit the amount of max bars in chart in your platform to 1000 bars and the amount of resources drop a lot.

Changed EA

Ok this is the copy of the changed EA. I rewrote it so it looks at only this EA's profit for equity closure and Equity trailing purposes.

Files:

Changing Lot Size

Hi Project1972,

I have been forward-testing your profitable private EA - Alpha9 v1.19 - on a live demo account at North Finance for the last 12 days, using all default settings on 11 major pairs. So far, I had gained about $2k with an initial deposit of $10k, within that 12 days, trading on a 0.10 standard lot per pair, gaining $1 per pip.

I would like your help to increase the lot size parameters to 0.20 standard lot. By referring to your earlier post, I had changed ONLY the following input:-

lot=0.2

risk =0.2

SRSI_Risk =0.2

AccountEquityPercentProtection=80;

PercentEquityTrailing =4;

I had changed the above input on all 11 pairs, leaving all other parameters at default.

My problem is that Alpha9 v1.19 is still actively trading with 0.10 standard lots.

Can you assist here?

Thank you.

Reason: