Alpha9 EA *** Released to TSD Elite Members *** - page 84

I've read the whole thread and I couldnt find information about Magic Numbers. Maybe its just me, or nothing is said about that? Do they have to be different for every pair, or can i leave them the same. Im using the v1.21 version.

Regards,

Tadas

No need for different magic numbers on different symbols (it treats symbols separately, only in cases when equity protection is triggered it treats them together)

regards

mladen

kavalius:
I've read the whole thread and I couldnt find information about Magic Numbers. Maybe its just me, or nothing is said about that? Do they have to be different for every pair, or can i leave them the same. Im using the v1.21 version.

Regards,

Tadas

Testing of Alpha9v1.19

Hallo everybody,

Im new here, Im studying economy and are interested in forex trading. Im also a C# programmer, even that I never programmed any EA, yet!

I am trying to learn more about testing, and have tested some EAs. When I try to test this EA (Alpha9) I dont get any trades?

I only test on 1 month, is that the reason? I also tried over 5 years, but it didnt work, there was some errors in the Journal.

Any ideas on how to test this EA in MetaTrader4 ?

Alpha can not be back tested

There are couple of reasons :
first - and main reason, is that alpha is working on opened bars. Tests would give useless results

second - Alpha 1.19 uses global variables completely different when tested from what it is going to use when in normal trading (so the tests are again going to be useless)

third - the technical reason which, more or less, has nothing to do with Alpha EA: when you try the ArrayCopyRates function for other time frames and you try to do it with starting dates far enough (I, for example, can back test on EURUSD usually from 01.01.2009, if I try to go "further to the past" it can not be done) metatrader starts to raise ArrayCopyRates function internal error or any of this errors derivates (ArrayCopyRates is called prior to any multi time frame indicator execution). It is one of the very nasty bugs from metatrader which can cause your metatrader crash. Since Alpha is using 8 time frames and ArrayCopyRates must be called before all of them, you are almost sure going to run into a trap. Until metatrader people correct this bug I am afraid that it is

As of 1 month test, as far as I remeber, you got something like "not enough data for test" (but I am not 100% sure). You need to test longer period, but for the reasons I stated above, you should use the forward results that ND is posting every week

regards

mladen

Tradernow:
Hallo everybody,

Im new here, Im studying economy and are interested in forex trading. Im also a C# programmer, even that I never programmed any EA, yet!

I am trying to learn more about testing, and have tested some EAs. When I try to test this EA (Alpha9) I dont get any trades?

I only test on 1 month, is that the reason? I also tried over 5 years, but it didnt work, there was some errors in the Journal.

Any ideas on how to test this EA in MetaTrader4 ?

ok, thanks for the fast answer. I will check out the forward testing.

What if I want to do my own testing?

Im not sure what is the smartest way to forward test?

I have a windows server that im planing to run 24/7, can I just run the MetaTrader4 on that server on a demo account? What if I want to test more EAs at the same time? Is the solution Virtuelle PCs or?

I am afraid that this kind of questions I do not understand completely.

Of course you can do your own tests and of course you can do those on demo accounts. Of course you can test more EAs at a same time (you can test multiple EAs in a same Metatrader environment, or you can set up multiple Metatraders and use each one separately with its own EAs, indicators, accounts,...).

As of Virtual PC : I use it and it works fine for me.

As of what is the smartest way to forward test : I wish I or anybody else could help you. If I knew and if I knew that the results of my forward testing are going to be repeated in real trades, I would be at a completely different place than the one I am

regards

mladen

Tradernow:
What if I want to do my own testing?

Im not sure what is the smartest way to forward test?

I have a windows server that im planing to run 24/7, can I just run the MetaTrader4 on that server on a demo account? What if I want to test more EAs at the same time? Is the solution Virtuelle PCs or?

Sure I understand that we cannot know if a EA tested with profit, will continue to give profit.

Is there deference in how the EAs work on demo accounts or on live accounts? I mean if you was running the same EA on a demoaccount and a liveaccount, would it give the same result or are there some small differences?

Sure if we could predict the future we would be very rich !!

Today I saw a newspaper article about a former employee of Golman Sachs, who stole a trading program from GS, when he left the job. He put the program on a german server, and was spotted at that event, this caused GS to sue him!! I beleive that they would only do that if the program was valuable. From this I conclude that its posible to make a Trading program that make profit. Not said that it would be easy..

would it give the same result or are there some small differences?

To make it shorter: yes it would give the same result or there are some small differences.

Tradernow,

Did you see som posts about market condition and the prediction? About Ichimoku and so on?

There is some thread about it or 2 in elite section.

1 thread is about EA Switcher and the other thread somewhere in elite indicator's section.

It is about what you said: prediction of the performance of the EA (or any system) based on prediction of the market condition.

Prediction by itself - it is very difficult. I am not fully believe in it. But if we will separate our case with prediction so what we will receive: forecasting of the market condition based on standard indicators and well/known famous systems + prediction of the performance of the EA.

forecasting of the market condition based on standard indicators and well/known famous systems ...

We can separate it onto 6 stages.

Well.

Where it was realized?

In Alpha 1.17.

Withoiut Ichimoku but anyway - we did this separation onto 6 stages.

Next step - create Alpha with Ichimoku indicator. And it is the full version of: forecasting of the market condition based on standard indicators and well/known famous systems

It is very old idea in elite section and I am very glad that finally we are able to realize it.

Thanks for your responce.

Do you have any links to the topics you mention?

Reason: