Alpha9 EA *** Released to TSD Elite Members *** - page 5

project1972:
In the last 2 days Alpha9 closed 39 trades in profit and did +766 pips

The grand total from 07/30/2007 forward testing is 441 trades with a net of +9523 pips and 8.84% of account profit.

The profit factor raise to 2.48

When market trend, things look wonderful. Unfortunately we can't expect the same consistency week after week, Sure, there will be enough time to loss in the future.

Project1972 would you mind posting the script that or software that calculates account info like you have in the attached pic?

Demo Testing on a standard IBFX account.

Starting balance $10,000.00

Largest open order drawdown that I noticed was around -$180.00. Currently open order drawdown is -$85.00

Attached is all closed orders.

Files:

drgoodvibe:
Project1972 would you mind posting the script that or software that calculates account info like you have in the attached pic?

Unfortunately this is not a MT script, its a php script running in a private Apache/MySql web server, MT only upload the standard statement using the build-in FTP and the server extract all the info to store it in a MySQL database to after it, build a custom statement, I am not the author of any of those private reporting tools and I am not allowed to distribute any of them.

NewDigital have something similar in this forum and also here there is a site with a similar reporting tool and it's free.

mt-statement website for free online MT trading reports

Hi, i'm now run Alpha9 v1.18 but it wont open any post, is it normal?

and that Electra v1.00 looks good....

project1972:
That's correct, I define this type of systems as systems with negative equity, because the equity most of the time, over 50% of the time, lag behind the balance, it mean that the system run in drawdown most of the time, this is not necessary bad, AS LONG the account equity keep increasing and you have very well defined risk values.

There are other types of Trend following systems where the balance lag behind the equity, over 50% of the time, I define these systems as systems with positive equity.

Currently I am developing another full automatic multi-pair trend following system with positive equity characteristics, but it is still in early phase of testing and risk measurement, it can take long time before ready.

This is a example of a positive equity trend following system.

Thanks for the explanation -- and no problem about the statement script/php I understand that it's proprietary.

drgoodvibe:
Demo Testing on a standard IBFX account.

Starting balance $10,000.00

Largest open order drawdown that I noticed was around -$180.00. Currently open order drawdown is -$85.00

Attached is all closed orders.

That's correct, I define this type of systems as systems with negative equity, because the equity most of the time, over 50% of the time, lag behind the balance, it mean that the system run in drawdown most of the time, this is not necessary bad, AS LONG the account equity keep increasing and you have very well defined risk values.

There are other types of Trend following systems where the balance lag behind the equity, over 50% of the time, I define these systems as systems with positive equity.

Currently I am developing another full automatic multi-pair trend following system with positive equity characteristics, but it is still in early phase of testing and risk measurement, it can take long time before ready.

sutaiping:
Hi, i'm now run Alpha9 v1.18 but it wont open any post, is it normal?

The amount of orders of Alpha9 in the last 3 trading days is something unusual, i was because the marked moved, normally on calm markets like today, it don't open that amount of orders.

Project1972,

So far great performance on this EA, there's been only one loss on GBPJPY which has just been made up anyway. But I have a question, I notice this on quite a number of currencies. The EA, tends to jump in, and then jump out right before price begins to accelerate in the correct direction.

Attached I have an example, It seems as though the EA over trades? Or is this a part of the logic. Can you explain a little further?

Thanks.

Files:
audcad.jpg  112 kb

maybe a stupid question... but i gotta ask. i ran a backtest on g-j from february this year until today and i noticed that i only had buy orders. not a single sell.

is this normal?

Scrat:
maybe a stupid question... but i gotta ask. i ran a backtest on g-j from february this year until today and i noticed that i only had buy orders. not a single sell. is this normal?

As explained in the 1st post this is a trend following EA. Buy only if price 100 pips minimum above 200 MA. Sell only if below.