Alpha9 EA *** Released to TSD Elite Members *** - page 38

Why higher TF

Enforcer:
And this sounds OK to you? Then what's the purpose of lower TF if is using monthly anyway?

The lower TF is for entry. The higher ones are for trend. The problem with this is when the market is making a major trend change and you are caught in the middle there is a lot of room to get chopped up. But if we do well while trending then some chop we should be able to live through. I wish we had better software to analyze the trade data.

It is the situation right now concerning Alpha (as some members asked by PM):

Just hope that EURUSD will not go to 1.40 (joke) for example and everything will be fine with Alpha .

Files:

I had enough with this EA.

I doubled starting balance. equity stop loss, I disabled all higher TFs and let from H1 and below, then I left only high TF, is useless, is only buying or only selling for a pair despite any logic or common sense.

With or without deviation, only with profitable pairs or all pairs, same crap every time, sooner or later.

Yes, code look complicated and I don't feel the mood to debug it, especially is more look like a bad concept than a bugged code.

According to author's statement, is for long run, 10-12% / year, that's ok, but I can't see how will do this not in a million years, not to mention minimum recommended deposit of 100k, this ensure this EA will never be used on real money, so is just a waste of time, unless is written for elves (they are immortal and can wait till this EA will go on profit )

I was busy with Electra EA for 2 weeks trying to fond better settings. Seems I found and EA is recoverng the deposit but in very very slowly way. Need 2 weeks more just tombe sure and after that I will look for this Alpha EA for better settings as well.

I start testing Electra with close at 1% profit, but up to now it had one order closed in loss and those several open orders are in loss as well.

About settings for Alpha... I doubt you'll find any, I think I tried all possible combinations... unless you can convince it to buy and sell for same pair, according to trend, not to some illogic decision based more likely on voodoo than on trend.

As to Electra so it was $6,845 as an equity last week and now it is $7,037. Need few weeks more to understand it is good or not with new settings.

About Alpha so it is $9,954 as an equity now with 10,000 starting deposit size. I will test it more. If this Alpha EA will loss more so I will change the settings but I do not have the reason to change it now.

I am only affraid for Electra as this EA will take small profit all the time but one big loss will kill all the profit so ... I will test it more to see.

I think result depends also on broker.

I'm testing on Alpari UK and I can't get similar results to yours on almost no EA.

Electra's start of testing look like a sick fish up to now...as for Alpha I cannot get any profit no matter what I try and is almost 2 moths of testing on parallel on 3 accounts.

I started also testing for NewsTrader v5.3, this one has a nice start with a total profit last week of 96$ for a deposit of 1500$.

NewsTrader v5.3 ... you know ... I selected nfp settings for trading nfp once in a month (it was posted long time ago). To use this EA for every high impacted news events so it is necessary to select the settings for every news event. And it is more related to NewsTrader v6 because this version #6 is switching the settings automatically depends on the new event (th settings selected during the weekend).

As to Electra so I am testing with Alpari UK and Alpha - IBFX. I am just having the hope for Electra new settings (1%) and if everything will be find so I will use the same with Alpha.

Will see.

I am testing too many EAs so may be I need to stop testing half of the EAs and start to test new EAs. Igorad created some EA (many months ago) which is trading very often but I still did not start to test. We are having many EAs and a lot of ideas for the improvements so I think I will stop testing many EAs soon and will start to test news ones.

I use NewsTrader v5.3 risky settings, not nfp.

I will start testing v6 as well.

I stop testing Alpha until you'll find right settings (I doubt thus).

Electra is running on Alpari UK so we should get similar results.

Reason: