Alpha9 EA *** Released to TSD Elite Members *** - page 92

Alpha9v1.21

Mr. mladen,

When I went through the source code of Alpha9v1.21, I found checkSymbol for "NZDUSD" was missed .

Please advise. Thanks in advance.

Nomura

Nomura,

in the exper properties window of Alpha EA you should enable dll imports (like on the picture).

regards

mladen

Nomura:
Mr. mladen,

Although I had put the unzipped libAlpha.dll file in libraries folder of MT4 Terminal, I got the following message in Expert tap of MT4 Terminal :

1. dll calls are not allowed; 'libAlpha.dll' - 'resetInternalValues'

2. expert stopped.

I had re-downloaded the zipped libAlpha file and tried serval times, result were same. Did the zipped file damaged ? or I did something wrong ?

Also when I go through the source code of Alpha9v1.21, I found checkSymbol for "NZDUSD" was missed .

Please advise. Thanks in advance.

Nomura
Files:

Thanks for your advice.

Mr. mladen,

Thanks for your advice.

Alpha9v1.21 is running well on my MT4 terminal now but I found another problem. The trend indication of v1.21 are not same as previous versions. I mean that the display of Prev Bar Trend & Current Bar Trend.

Is it required some setting adjustment ?

Thanks in advance.

Nomura

Nomura,

You should use the "ShowStats" option and then it will display those values (by default it is set to false)

regards

mladen

Trend Indication

Mr. mladen,

Sorry for my poor english.

I had turned on the "ShowStats" in Alpha9v1.21.

I meaned the "UP" or "DW" indication in v1.21 were not same as prev versions.

A image of screen capture is attached for your reference.

Thanks for your advice.

Nomura

Files:

Nomura,

As far as I remember there was a bug in one version of heiken ashi smoothed (I am not sure which one are you using). While I was developing the dll I was checking the values constantly, and compared the dll values to debugged version and the values were the same. Compared the values for AUDCAD (the same as you were using) and I still have the same values:

Also, if you want to get same values as the previous versions of Alpha, you should set the tradeOnBarto 0 (if you by chance use any value different than 0 then you should use 0 in that parameter when comparing to older versions of alpha)

regards

mladen

Files:
alpha_1.19.gif  16 kb
alpha_1.20.gif  16 kb
alpha_1.21.gif  16 kb

tradeOnBar setting ?

Mr. mladen,

Thanks for your reply.

I got Heiken_Ashi_Smoothed indicator from Post 1. Can you post your Heiken_Ashi_Smoothed indicator ?

Sorry for I am not familiar with indicator / EA settings, can you show me how to set tradeOnBar to 0 ?

Thanks again.

Nomura

MN trend & WK trend changed frequently

Mr. mladen,

I think there may be some problem in ShowStats of v1.21.

I found the indication of MN trend & WK trend changed frequently.

3 images of screen capture is attached for your quick reference.

Regards.

Nomura

Files:
012600.jpg  70 kb
012740.jpg  71 kb
012902.jpg  72 kb

I am not a coder but as I understand: monthly/weekly trend is the following:

some value of the indicator on open bar should below or above same value on close bar.

HASOpen1<HASClose1

If it is on open bar so trend can be changed.

Because close bar for monthly trend = 1 month ago.

Open bar = right now.

So, if "right now" value is below "1 month ago" value so it is MN down.

It can not be compare completely on closed bar as in this case "1 month ago" will be compare with "2 month ago" and it is too late already.

If I am wrong so sorry.

Nomura,

Whatever I tried to do I failed to repeat what happens to you, so I must say that I do not know what happens to you. On my charts the weekly and monthly trends do not change, which is normal since it is not the beginning of the week or the month.

If you by chance altered the code in any way you should revert the changes

Also, try entering every time frame for the target chart since some brokers behave differently when data download requested

regards

mladen

Reason: