Alpha9 EA *** Released to TSD Elite Members *** - page 12

azizkhan:
Hi Project1972,

I have been forward-testing your profitable private EA - Alpha9 v1.19 - on a live demo account at North Finance for the last 12 days, using all default settings on 11 major pairs. So far, I had gained about $2k with an initial deposit of $10k, within that 12 days, trading on a 0.10 standard lot per pair, gaining $1 per pip.

I would like your help to increase the lot size parameters to 0.20 standard lot. By referring to your earlier post, I had changed ONLY the following input:-

lot=0.2

risk =0.2

SRSI_Risk =0.2

AccountEquityPercentProtection=80;

PercentEquityTrailing =4;

I had changed the above input on all 11 pairs, leaving all other parameters at default.

My problem is that Alpha9 v1.19 is still actively trading with 0.10 standard lots.

Can you assist here?

Thank you.

Your Leverage is crazy high, over 10 times the recommended one, I hope that you know what you are doing.

The Ea opened 0.1 lot because it's the minimum lot size on NorthFinance, but in reality, you was trading 1% of your account size.

To increase to 0.2 lots (20 times over the recommended leverage) you should set

risk =2

SRSI_Risk =2

But you will not last too long using that leverage.

I Recommend you to be happy with your 2 k profit, take out the EA from live and test it on demo, before risk your account to a heavy loss.

faqcya:
Ok this is the copy of the changed EA. I rewrote it so it looks at only this EA's profit for equity closure and Equity trailing purposes.

Thanks very much for the mod, now let me explain something.

Global variables are very useful, I use it on almost all EAs but you need to be careful to write a double routine, using GlobalVariables for demo or live trading and standard variables for backtesting, that's because the Global variables section is shared between the backtester and live trading.

If you do a backtester of an EA and the EA write the global variable section the EA doing live trading can be affected or the contrary can happen if the EA doing backtesting read the Global variables.

That's why I use the command if (!IsTesting()) before read or write any global variable.

The EA should use only standard variables if testing, this something most coders or developers overlook.

Other thing that most coders overlook (It don't apply to this mod) is to assign the account number to each global variable to avoid wrong settings if the user switch the account.

I only want to comment about this because I repetitive see the same problem on many systems using global variables, even on expensive commercial systems.

Global variables

Project1972 so let me see if i've got this right. The strength of global variables is such that any EA run on the platform can see the variable and not just the EA that set it originally? If I want other EA's to have access to this variable I'd use it but if not I won't?

I'm still a novice to MQL4 my programming experience started with C, well thats an incorrect statement it actually started with Basic on a TRS-80. But that was in high school. My more recent experience is with C. Still have a lot to learn especially when it comes to files which I can definately see as a real value and indicators, which until I saw your EA's I haven't seen a purpose of me learning them yet. I really wish I could get a MQL4 book with really good examples, but my best learning experiences so far have been to look at other peoples source code and see how they are doing stuff and trying to copy it. Some of the EA's I've writen I'm still trying to figure out how to get working correctly. I'm really interested in learning more because I really enjoy it. Most of the guides I've seen written are pretty basic guides and I'm still looking for guides to more intermediate and advanced topics.

Hello Project,

Thank you for your great EA's!

Can you pls post an updated statment?

How did the EA survive the relativly large DD that appeared in the open trades a few weeks ago?

Modification

Hold off on that mod I made I just noticed a bug and I'm not sure how it will affect the performance. It's not showing all the different trend directions on the chart and I have to figure out why.

Modification

Well I don't know why but apparently it works right on one of my platforms but not the other.

Fixed

I had an int where i should have had a double. Sorry I didn't catch it earlier.

Files:

anyone getting any good results with this seems good so far on my demo account

I started to test this EA with 19 pairs.

Files:
alpha.gif  5 kb
alpha.htm  9 kb

Alpha EA.

Results by pairs.

Files:
alpha.zip  101 kb
Reason: