Alpha9 EA *** Released to TSD Elite Members *** - page 107

bernards:
Hi mladen,

That was quick. Grateful if you will consider taking a look at the possible indicator below.

I've seen a few EAs with Forex Factory's calendar. Here is a indicator based on it. ffcal.mq4

A couple of variables I got from an EA with something similar coded. I am not sure if the pointed indicator is smart enough to filter and give you only the news relevant to the pair it's attached to. (Sorry I can't read code.)

UseNewsFilter: True/False

MinsBeforeNews:

MinsAfterNews:

NewsImpact: 1/2/3 (Yellow/Orange/Red)

I see

Will try to make a version that would be used for EA only (all we need to know is times and impact of the news - the rest is there for visual) - and if we have a "light on a CPU" version then it could be used in the EA

Thanks mladen.

Maybe a feature to close all trades X minutes before the Event will be a good idea. Since a dollars loss is better than 10% of the account.

This is an updated alpha indicator made compatible with the new metatrader 4. It still needs the libAlpha.dll in the libraries folder in order to work correctly : alpha9v1.21_nmc.mq4

libalpha.zip

Files:

PS: I have noticed that the libalpha.dll needs to be updated too (due to the changes how new metatrader 4 passes rates to dlls). I am in a process of doing so, and as soon as it is finished it will be posted here

Thanks to one of the users (I am not naming him simply because I do not know if he wants to be mentioned - man, thanks for the inputs about the issues with this new metatrader 4 ), it became obvious that libAlpha.dll needs further adjustments in order to work properly with this new metatrader 4. This is a version that corrects some of the issues

PS: if someone notices any issue regarding execution (in the journals or experts tab of the terminal) that are results of builds upgrade, please let me know as soon as possible so that I can locate the problem and, eventually, solve it. Seems some workarounds will be necessary in these stages of metatrader 4

PPS: use the dll from the attached file and overwrite the previous libAlpha nmc.dll

Files:

This should be the new metatrader 4 compatible Alpha

Dll is updated (had to change the name of the dll in order to avoid confusion). But since the name of the dll is changed the EA had to be changed too, so this is the correct version calling the correct dll. Back-tested it and as far as I see it works as expected, but please let me know if anybody notices any issue

PS: VHF_v1 indicator des not need any update so the old version can be used

PPS: removed the libAlpha dll from tis post. Updated dll is attached to the next post

Files:

This is updated alpha that should work properly with the new version of metatrader 4 (it will not work with build 509 or earlier)

Due to some "smart" stuff that metaquotes changed in the way how dlls are called and handled, dll calls must be treated differently than in the older builds of metatrader (that will be a surprise to people when they discover that their code using dlls will not work as they expect it in some situations). This dll is adapted to work OK even if they decide to make metatrader works as before (meaning : when it was working correctly) and the results of calculations are exactly the same as the older versions. The dll was test and it worked without errors. If someone notices some strange behavior please report it immediately

PS: it must use the attached libAlpha 2.dll (otherwise it will not work OK)

Files:

alpha ea failed in live account

eurgbp

usdjpy

dasssi:
alpha ea failed in live account

eurgbp

usdjpy

Failed how?

Does not work or it is not profitable for those symbols?

Can you post reports for those symbols (and for symbols that did not fail)?

Sorry for not writing things right

i mean it is not profitable for those symbols

Reason: