Alpha9 EA *** Released to TSD Elite Members *** - page 34

Sorry

Sorry, Mr. Enforcer,

Sorry for my poor english and I am not doing anything against you. Please feel free to post your result and share you experience here.

Let me say SORRY again.

Nomura

No need for apologizes, was just a misunderstanding, neither of us is native English.

Ok, according to my tests main cause for that big DD is

UseMomentumDeviation=true

This cause orders to be placed against main trend.

Maybe at the time that EA was made usually a momentum deviation continued the trend for 3-40 pips then followed by a big retrace or a trend reversal, but nowadays is not happening, usually trend continue even for 4-500 pips (!) so we are screwed.

currently I test 2 versions, standard version without UseMomentumDeviation

and a reversed version.

In first case DD still exists but is 10 times smaller, in second case is too early to say, but up to now profit got is twice and often I see positive PL, even I had once a equityTrailing hit at 2% profit.

Alpha reversed with unprofitable pairs with momentumDeviation and breakeven pips=10:

Alpha standard without momentumDeviation and breakeven pips=10

Files:
alpha_9_8.jpg  130 kb
alpha_9_7.jpg  394 kb
alpha_9_5.jpg  175 kb
alpha_9_6.jpg  460 kb

I got AccountEquityPercentProtection.

Still in positive balance/equity.

I did not analyze about which pairs is still profitable. I will make all the statements tomorow and we will see.

Good observation

Enforcer:
No need for apologizes, was just a misunderstanding, neither of us is native English.

Ok, according to my tests main cause for that big DD is

UseMomentumDeviation=true

This cause orders to be placed against main trend.

Maybe at the time that EA was made usually a momentum deviation continued the trend for 3-40 pips then followed by a big retrace or a trend reversal, but nowadays is not happening, usually trend continue even for 4-500 pips (!) so we are screwed.

currently I test 2 versions, standard version without UseMomentumDeviation

and a reversed version.

In first case DD still exists but is 10 times smaller, in second case is too early to say, but up to now profit got is twice and often I see positive PL, even I had once a equityTrailing hit at 2% profit.

You are correct Enforcer - With the MomDev off the EA performs better. I have tried both way and have to agree with you. The other thing we can try is to turn off the lower time frames or turn off the higher time frames depending on the account size. I will be running some tests based on turning on certain engines - I'll post once a month or so - the results.

That said I have to say everyone here is helpful, so a big thank you for unity - its a rare thing these days.

Good trading to all.

David

Exactly about time frames I was thinking...

I need a favor from newdigital:

I need full history with comments from your tests, but not as a pic, I need default report with comments as.htm to see which pairs perform better on what timeframes...

I am making the statements today (as every weekend). But as I know IBFX is deleting old history so ...

I will make it with comments but it will not be since January 2008.

It is Alpha Electra with comments as requested.

Other EAs' statements will be later today as I am making weekly performance and other threads first than excel files and than only I am uploading the statements.

Files:

Thanks

Situation doesn't look good...

Here excel file with calculation by TF for period provided (01.mar.2008-18.apr.2008)

Files:
alpha_5.zip  25 kb
Reason: