Alpha9 EA *** Released to TSD Elite Members *** - page 93

Mr. newdigit,

Thanks for your comment. You can see from images in my previous post, the MN Trend and W1 Trend of Prev Bar Trend changed three times within 3 minutes. That is why I said something wrong.

Mr. mladen,

Thanks for your reply. I only inserted 2 space line code , the "\n\n" in the Comments1 code so that the ShowStats started from 3rd line of the windows.

It would be grateful if you can post your Heiken_Ashi_Smoothed indicator.

Thanks in advance.

Nomura

Nomura,

This is the correct heiken ashi smoothed, but alpha 1.21 does not use it, so the problem you are having is not coming from it. I am still having a steady monthly and weekly trend display on my test. Just in case, attaching the 1.21 that I am using for tests too

regards

mladen

Nomura:
Mr. newdigit,

Thanks for your comment. You can see from images in my previous post, the MN Trend and W1 Trend of Prev Bar Trend changed three times within 3 minutes. That is why I said something wrong.

Mr. mladen,

Thanks for your reply. I only inserted 2 space line code , the "\n\n" in the Comments1 code so that the ShowStats started from 3rd line of the windows.

It would be grateful if you can post your Heiken_Ashi_Smoothed indicator.

Thanks in advance.

Nomura

Hi Nomura,

I do not know - chaning or not changing.

I see inside the code that open bar is comparing by close bar so it is MTF anyway.

1.20 version with SRSI settings, and 1.21 settings for dll settings are working fine for me. So, no problem at all.

Because trades are open and keeping opened for the long time (many days or few weeks to be open) so if it is repaiting - it should not work. But if it works so it is not repaiting.

Besides, as I see - some trend is estimating not as weekly only. It is same case as MN +Weekly= weekly.

So, it is not talking onto consideration just one timeframe.

HASOpen1 is current bar?

Current open bar, right? Bar #0.

HASClose1 is previous bar (bar #1).

So, if open bar - it can be changed of course.

Besides, as I see - it is not as estimating on 1 timeframe only. It is for few timeframes all together (open bar is comparing with close/previous bar).

So, it can be changed.

And it can not be backtested properly.

I am not programmer so may be I am wrong so sorry.

1.20 version with SRSI settings, and 1.21 settings for dll settings - working fine for me so I do not have the problems.

I am not switching those comments on. Because the trend is estimating as a combination of timeframes and it is difficult to know: if weekly tf is uptrend so ... it is weekly for uptrend only, or MN + weekly as a combination ... or D1/H4 and so on all together.

So, I am not using those arrows to estimate uprenmd or downtrend visually.

It is similar logic as with TSD EA: few (3 screens/timeframes) upper timeframes are on uptrend so we have uptrend.

Mr. mladen,

Thanks for your updated EA & Indicator. The ShowStats information of v1.21 and v1.20 showed exactly the same and the MN Trend & W1 Trend became stable.

Attached a screen capture for your quick reference.

Thanks for your helping hand.

Mr. newdigit,

Thanks for your information.

Regards.

Nomura

Files:
102320.jpg  71 kb

Nomura,

Glad that it is OK

I think that you ran into one of the "features" that metatrader has : when using multi time frame (any multi time frame code) on a symbol that does not have target time frame data already downloaded, the best thing to do is to go to the target time frame just in order to force metatrader download data for that time frame. In case of alpha, that would mean that on such a symbol the best is to jump through all the time frames in order to have the complete history downloaded

regards

mladen

Mr. mladen,

Bad news ! The ShowStats of v1.21 & v1.20 showed different information again. It seemed that the Prev Bar Trend information of v1.21 changed and v1.20 remained same as 20 minutes ago. Image of screen capture is attached for your information.

The MT4 account is a Alpari Demo account which had been running v1.20 for 3 months so I think there may have enough history data.

Thanks for your attention.

Nomura

Files:
104754.jpg  72 kb

Nomura,

Sorry, but I have no idea what is going on to you. I do not have that problem (alpari too)

regards

mladen

Try to download all the history on Metatrader (especially for MN and weekly timeframe).

Besides, trend is based on Trend Deviation settings.

Personally I am having the same as on your H1 image for USDJPY.

if (HASOpen1<HASClose1) {MN_Trend="UP";}

and for MN timeframe:

HASOpen1=iCustom(NULL,43200,"Heiken_Ashi_Smoothed",MaMethod,MaPeriod,MaMethod2,MaPeriod2,2,0) ;

and

HASClose1=iCustom(NULL,43200,"Heiken_Ashi_Smoothed",MaMethod,MaPeriod,MaMethod2,MaPeriod2,3,0) ;

It was for current bar.

For the previous bar:

PHASOpen1=iCustom(NULL,43200,"Heiken_Ashi_Smoothed",MaMethod,MaPeriod,MaMethod2,MaPeriod2,2,1) ;

PHASClose1=iCustom(NULL,43200,"Heiken_Ashi_Smoothed",MaMethod,MaPeriod,MaMethod2,MaPeriod2,3,1) ;

Current bar - it can be changed for trend.

Previous bar - it can not be changed.

It can be changed only if you do not have data enough for MN or weekly timeframe.

Go to Tools, History Center anbd click on timeframes to download the data from the broker's server. After that go to the chart, right mouse click and press "Refresh".

And the quotes.data will be downloaded from your History center to the chart.

Reason: