Alpha9 EA *** Released to TSD Elite Members *** - page 8

nondisclosure007:
If your interested, I'll let you/everyone know how that goes.

I'd be interested..

Project1972,

thank you for your lengthy explanations it helps a great deal in understanding what makes this EA tick. Also helps in building confidence in it.

I will post my results demo testing this at the end of the week, so far great results on these long trending markets. I'm waiting for some chop to see the results then.

Thanks

project1972:
Not, you don't need to attach any indicator, check the expert tab to check for errors, it should work, restart the terminal to make sure that every indicator get compiled.

Oh yes, thanks, its now working It was just waiting for trade conditions I suppose

Problems w/ forward testing.

Hmm, I'm forward testing this and I've got a couple of problems.

1. the EA doesn't set any SL (It doesn't set any TP because I've disabled it).

2. The 'open buy orders' and 'open sell orders' aren't showing anything.

See the two attached images for the trader image of what I'm explaining and the settings to see the settings.

Files:
trader.jpg  147 kb
settings.jpg  99 kb

nondisclosure007:
Hmm, I'm forward testing this and I've got a couple of problems.

1. the EA doesn't set any SL (It doesn't set any TP because I've disabled it).

2. The 'open buy orders' and 'open sell orders' aren't showing anything.

See the two attached images for the trader image of what I'm explaining and the settings to see the settings.

"Open buy orders" and "Open sell orders" refer to that attached pair, you don't have open orders on EURGBP

The EA never set any phisical TP doesnt matter the settings all TP are closed by an "OrderClose" command

The last SL,over or below the MA200 is also always a "OrderClose" command

In your settings The PSAR_TS is a trailing stop commanded by a Parabolic SAR indicator loaded in the same timeframe of the order trigger, to activate the TS the signal of the PSAR indicator should be 10 pips over the entry price for longs, and below for shorts.

You will see it working, give it more time to develop more profit or a consolidation.

To understand more how a PSAR TS work attach the PSAR indicator to the chart or better, do a visual backtest of the EA, I think you will understand better this feature that way.

project1972:
"Open buy orders" and "Open sell orders" refer to that attached pair, you don't have open orders on EURGBP

The EA never set any phisical TP doesnt matter the settings all TP are closed by an "OrderClose" command

The last SL,over or below the MA200 is also always a "OrderClose" command

In your settings The PSAR_TS is a trailing stop commanded by a Parabolic SAR indicator loaded in the same timeframe of the order trigger, to activate the TS the signal of the PSAR indicator should be 10 pips over the entry price for longs, and below for shorts.

You will see it working, give it more time to develop more profit or a consolidation.

To understand more how a PSAR TS work attach the PSAR indicator to the chart or better, do a visual backtest of the EA, I think you will understand better this feature that way.

Wow! Thanks for the incredibly quick response!

I'll re-start and let it run and see what happens.

thanks.

project1972:
I don't know my friend, I don't have answer for everything, the answer depend only in the future, if there are nice trends the EA will make profit, if not we will have drawdown and if there are many failed trends with strong reversals we will have a loss.

Will continue EURUSD trending up to 2.000 ? or will it reverse to 1.0000 ? or we will have choppy market ? Who knows !!! nobody have the Crystal ball.

Look at the 3 moths forward testing, EURCAD did a nice 1691 pips profit, so did USDCAD with 1561 pips profit, even EURGBP did a nice 263 pips profit and this is was a very choppy pair in the backtester but in the last months it take off from his choppy condition, in the other hand CHFJPY did a -206 pips loss

The EA have some mechanism to avoid trading choppy pairs and only trade when they take off. but we don't know what pair will trend or what not.

Maybe you are lucky and your selection will give astonish performance, or maybe only a loss.

It think that your MM will work, to help it you can deactivate the less profitable engines to avoid a potential drawdown.

Start deactivating from the smaller TM

extern bool UseH4Trend =True;

extern bool UseH1Trend =True;

extern bool UseM30Trend=True;

extern bool UseM15Trend=True;

extern bool UseM5Trend =True;

Example turn off the M5 and M15 TM (set to False)

even M30 if you want.

The most profitable engines are, In this order.

1 - SRSI

2 - H4

3 - H1

4 - M30

5 - M15

6 - M5

Great job!

Some quick questions...

1. is 28% average ROI when using all 5 time frames above?

2. do I need to change the default magic numbers for each timeframe/currencycross?

2. was this optimised using Alpari Russia data? (... in which case should I be testing it with Alpari Russia?)

Thanks

adam777:
Great job!

Some quick questions...

1. is 28% average ROI when using all 5 time frames above?

2. do I need to change the default magic numbers for each timeframe/currencycross?

2. was this optimised using Alpari Russia data? (... in which case should I be testing it with Alpari Russia?)

Thanks

1- Yes

2- No

3- Yes

To backtest this system is a hard work, you need to "construct" backtester results to manually apply the equity stops when many currencies accumulate drawdown, this is something a little "subjetive" and not exact.

There is a friend testing this system from 2 months ago with the following settings

risk=1

SRSI_Risk=1

PercentEquityTrailing =4;

extern bool UseM30Trend=False;

extern bool UseM15Trend=False;

extern bool UseM5Trend =False;

UsePSAR_TS=True

UsePredefinedTP=False

He is now reporting 20% of account grow with low drawdown.

Maybe someone want to check or test these settings.

He is using AccountEquityPercentProtection=90; (default)

Hello Project1972,

Want to ask something about your ea :

MN et W1 are very important timeframe but sometimes very subjective (choppy market)...

It is the reason why i would like to ask if it is possible to implement a subjective point of view and set by hand (for some pairs or futures) discretionny (is it the right word?) MN = up or down and W1=up or down.

in my trading style i use W1 channel and implement fundamental point of view (dynamic interest policy , inflation ...) and of course when sometimes the price is in the bottom of a W1 channel = trend is up and you never find an indicator that show that of course.

ie : after eur/usd reach 1.5 ... W1 and Mn are up but for all indicator ... but for me is down (may it is a mistake).

Of course , i know this request is an anti-trend_following concept. Ed Seykota would not very happy to hear something like that. But as far i know bank prediction , interest rate dynamic can help a trend follower trader.

thx

icek:
Hello Project1972,

Want to ask something about your ea :

MN et W1 are very important timeframe but sometimes very subjective (choppy market)...

It is the reason why i would like to ask if it is possible to implement a subjective point of view and set by hand (for some pairs or futures) discretionny (is it the right word?) MN = up or down and W1=up or down.

in my trading style i use W1 channel and implement fundamental point of view (dynamic interest policy , inflation ...) and of course when sometimes the price is in the bottom of a W1 channel = trend is up and you never find an indicator that show that of course.

ie : after eur/usd reach 1.5 ... W1 and Mn are up but for all indicator ... but for me is down (may it is a mistake).

Of course , i know this request is an anti-trend_following concept. Ed Seykota would not very happy to hear something like that. But as far i know bank prediction , interest rate dynamic can help a trend follower trader.

thx

You can turn off the MN and W1 timeframe, in this case the D1 will leader the trend decision, but.........there is the MA 200 days filter, it mean that although the D1 TM signal a downtrend, the EA will not open shorts if the price is over the MA 200

The MA200 is a very powerful trend indicator, followed by professionals to know if a pair is in downtrend, uptrend or choppy range.

I will vary to trade against the MA200 with any trend following system unless very specific market conditions (fundamentals)

Left counter-trend trades to other systems or manual trades, but it will not work with this one.

We need a long term edge, and our only edge here is the long term trend, AND keep our profit on the market corrections. The EquityStop will play a very important part to keep our profit on corrections or long term changes.

EURUSD can go anywhere, nobody knows the future and I will not attempt to predict it, not even the best professionals can.

All I want to say....

Hey guys, I am not going to take too much of bandwidth typing a lot of words. All I will say is.. I AM FRIGGIN IMPRESSED! Just thismuch away from going live with Alpha9