Alpha9 EA *** Released to TSD Elite Members *** - page 26

Updated statements for Alpha:

Files:

Requesting a change in Alpha EA. . .

Hello All !

I've bee running this Alpha EA for a few days now on Alpari.

I've noticed that most of my trades go into the negative first.

some cases up to $400 in 36 hours.

I was wondering if the coding could be changed to reverse the

positions. To Sell instead of Buy, and Buy instead of Sell. I think it may

Go into profit faster this way.

Another way would be to create a hedge position when All time frames

do not show same direction. In this case it may be more profitable as

market swings back and forth.

This hedge does require some thought, as to when to create such hedge positions, and when to take profit.

Maybe a stacking of orders in both directions(like a grid) when the EA want's to buy or sell, then Buy orders are

placed in sertain intervals above market and Sell orders and placed the same way below market.

If any of you can apply such changes as an alternative version, I'll be happy to forward test it and post the results.

Looking forward to hear your comments and ideas.

Sincerely,

FX-Hedger.

I am sorry but few days is nothing for this EA. Some conclusion should be made after few months running. Because it is EA for long run.

BY the way it was some loss today. I am not sure but it was written in log that it was equity protection loss:

Files:

Requesting a change in Alpha EA. . .

Hi newdigital !

Thanks for your response.

I realize it's a long term EA. My concern was the Drawdown. I think it could be turned into profit when such drawdown occurs. Therefore the equity protection losses may be reduced.

It's just something worth a try. Not saying it's going to work.

Sincerely,

FX-Hedger.

newdigital:
I am sorry but few days is nothing for this EA. Some conclusion should be made after few months running. Because it is EA for long run.

BY the way it was some loss today. I am not sure but it was written in log that it was equity protection loss:

Updated statements for Alpha attached.

Files:

I thought if the EA is going to wait till the positions are in profit. We might as well take a profit while it goes into the drawdown by using a Hedge or stacking orders opposite to what the EA does.

What do you think?

newdigital:

Question to Project 1972

On a day like today when the equity protection kicks in we obviously are betting the wrong way in the short term as the trend direction might be changing (or just retrace more than we can endure i.e >10%). Would you recommend to keep the system in play or let it rest few days and then hope for a potential trend adjustment by the time we get back.

No trade is open for all 19 pairs:

It is written like that on every chart:

Files:
noopen.jpg  212 kb
noopen1.jpg  51 kb

Break across the board

Newdigital,

I remember once Project1972 said the EA would not place ANY orders for the next 24 hours so it looks normal. My question is - would it be good to wait until Sunday night in order not to get back into the fight right during NFP announcement day?

I think I will wait. Your thoughts?

Yes, it may be good to wait untill Sunday.

I will not wait as I am testing on demo trying to understand all good and bad cases with this EA.

Reason: