Alpha9 EA *** Released to TSD Elite Members *** - page 82

fxdd, fxpro, and alpari it happpens on all of them.

Alpari is 5 digit broker.

not sure about fxdd and fxpro.

So, Alpha EA for 5 digit price broker is Alpha9v1.20.

Same settings but just version of the EA should be different: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178132/page28

So, on you will find 5 attachments here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178132/page28

- 4 zip files. Each zip file - Alpha 1.19 (for 4 digit broker) + indicators + settings.

- 1 mql4 file: Alpha9v1.20 EA.

If your broker is 5 digit (as Alpari for example), so you are simple changing 1.19 to 1.20 in any zip file selected. That's all.

Because 4 zip files here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178132/page28 is just same EA. Different just the settings only.

----------------

Besides, this error may come with partial closing error. This EA is using partial closing. For example, EA opened order by 0.04 lot size and later - close 0.01 lot size and 0.03 is still running.

It is possible in Metatrader and Alpha EA is using it.

So, this error may be because of the broker ... some lot or mini lot limitation.

---------------

If you received this error with RAS so partial closing fixed as I remember.

--------------

By the way, error #1 according to classification:

"No error returned, but the result is unknown".

It is written in MetaEditor help.

I think ... may be you mixed with 4/5 digit Alpha versions ... or forgot indicators to compile in MetaEditor ...

cool thanks i have 1.20 for 5 digit and 1.19 for 4 digit thanks for all your help

Some comments (and observations) of how to use Alpha :

Alpha is by default, set to use monthly, weekly, daily..., m5 heiken ashi values to determine the trend. But also, there is an interesting effect when one is trying to find "alignment" (when they show same trend) for multiple time frames : it seems that those tend to align as a kind of "forecast" for higher time frame.

What does it mean :
A lot of times monthly trend did not change yet, and all the lower time frames are tending to align in the direction that that monthly value will show only on next bar. So it is "safe", as far the values are concerned, to turn the UseMNTrend (monthly trend) off, and the trend values are going to be very similar as when monthly trend is used.

The rule can be applied to other time frames too, weekly for example

Also the efect of turning those trends of is a bit "faster trading" since the change in trend direction is going to be detected a bit faster

The interesting part is that those "alignments" really do tend to go in the direction that the next higher time frame is going to have and opposite alignments are rather rare (this "alignments thing" I have been testing on EURUSD and it almost never failed, it rather caused faster entries and avoided some late false direction entries) I am not saying that it is a "holly grail of prediction" but the effect is interesting and, coming to think about, logical

Some additional work done on Alpha

What have been done :
Code is simplified (ND and me have some plans to improve this EA too, so we are, sort of, "preparing the ground" for future versions and hopefully improvements. The logic of this version does not change the logic of the original alpha yet, improvement made for now are in avoiding some errors in trades management and in speed)

Instead of using "classically coded" (mql coded) heiken ashi smoothed, it has been moved to a dll. Reasons for doing that are multiple : Alpha, when UseAlpha9Traderis set to true, depending on other settings, calls heiken ashi smoothed up to 32 times on every tick. It was causing a considerable processor usage and in some cases, it could cause freezing metatrader. So, by making it a dll, those 32 calls became 8 and even the speed is somewhat better (c/c++ DLL is roughly 10-20 times faster than mql version)

VHF indicator is left as is, since we are currently reviewing some obvious similarities between VHF and ADX. If it turns out that those similarities are close enough, VHF will be replaced with ADX in some future version, if not, VHF will be migrated to DLL too

Alpha recognizes 4/5 digits now automatically (no need to set any parameter)

When installing, unpack the dll from libAlpha.zip to experts\libraries sub-folder of your metatrader folder (otherwise it will not work).

PS: one additional option is added which is not obvious what does it do : ShowStats- if set to true Alpha will show comments regarding statistics as it used to do, if set to false, it will skip showing that statistics

Files:
alpha9v1.21.mq4  42 kb
libalpha.zip  4 kb
vhf_v1.mq4  4 kb

Thanks for sharing, and why do I get these errors

I am new at this, however, getting the bot dragged over, live trading, no changes to inputs, on Alpari UK and it just does not work with this message:

cannot open file VHF v1 ex4 on all currencies

It does keep trying, a long list of errors

Download VHF_v1 indicator from this post https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178132/page55 tp indicator folder and compile.

Hi, i'm trying out the Alpha on my demo account, but not sure if i am missing something, as u see on my picture its not showing the trend in any time frames..

Regards

Halvard

Forget it.. I had put the indicators in wrong metatrader folder..hehe

working fine now :-))

Files:
eur_usd_1.gif  19 kb

Hi, one question about this EA, is it just for rich people?? or is it many people in here that have 10-100 000 dollar to use on Forex Trading? :-))

Just wonder, so dont take it the wrong way :-))

Halvard

Do not know rich or not sorry ...

There are some posts by mladen on this thread about minimum deposit size.

As I remember - it is more than 10K anyway.

But to know example - find some posts about initial deposit size (it should be few pafes back on this thread).

Reason: