MetaCOT 2 Install CFTC Reports MT4
MetaCOT 2 is a set of indicators and specialized utilities for the analysis of the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission reports. Thanks to the reports issued by the Commission, it is possible to analyze the size and direction of the positions of the major market participants, which brings the long-term price prediction accuracy to a new higher-quality level, inaccessible to most traders.
These indicators, related to the fundamental analysis, can also be used as an effective long-term filter when entering a medium-term position. For this they should be combined with a classic price analysis. The MetaCOT series indicators are based on the book by Larry Williams "Trade Stocks and Commodities with the Insiders: Secrets of the COT Report". The operation of these indicators is further described in the article Meta COT Project - New Horizons for CFTC Report Analysis in MetaTrader 4.
This utility downloads and automatically updates the reports submitted by the Commission, saves them to a special database, which is used in the operation of the MetaCOT 2 series indicators. The entire download and installation process is automatic, which greatly simplifies the work with these data types in the MetaTrader terminals.
- Improved message system
- Added support for a third-party utility for downloading reports. Now, reports can be downloaded using a third-party Windows application (optional). This solves connection loss issue that may occur on Windows 7 or older operating systems since the required TLC 1.2 protocol may not be enabled as the one used by default.
- Added auxiliary indicators showing the connection and database status. These indicators simplify detection of possible malfunctions and errors.
- Revised the panel interface: added interactivity (the buttons and the drop-down list are highlighted when hovering the mouse cursor over them), improved behavior of standard graphical elements, re-arranged the main elements. The panel interface has become more contrasting.
- The panel now features the help in the form of successively opening windows. Each window describes various situations and errors that may occur when using the panel, and ways to fix them. The help makes it easier to diagnose and fix non-standard cases.
- Added support for the Disaggregated COT (D-COT) reports;
- Added support for the Traders in Financial Futures (TFF) reports;
- Added support for the Commodities Index Traders (CIT) reports;
- The previous version of the panel did not react to clicking its buttons or drop-down list for some users. The bug has been fixed.
- From the current version on the panel starts with a preset action in the available action list: "Update CFTC Reports Or Install MetaCOT".
- Now the report download starts automatically 60 after the panel is launched, if the user did not select any of the available actions and did not press the "Next" button.
- The changes described above now allow to simplify the setup process even more, making it fully automated (the panel starts downloading the reports itself after a certain time, without waiting for an explicit command from the user).
- Fixed some installer dialogs. Now the reasons for some of the errors are more clear to users.