The system is based on a Mean Reversion pattern on Monday. The backtest has been conducted from 2006.
The trades are opened every Monday at the appointed time. The EA calculates position volume based on the market situation. The trading robot can use up to 4 averaging. The EA does not use StopLoss.
EA Online Monitoring
Signal: Mondays MT4
Timeframe – M15. Currency pair: USD/CHF. The EA can be backtested by bars or every tick.
- StartLots – starting lot size. This is an initial basing lot to open a trade. It can be modified by EA basing on a market situation, but no more than twice.
- StartHour, StartMinute – operation start time. StartMinute must be a multiple of 15 (0-15-30-45). The recommended time 02:45 for EET (Eastern European Time).
- TakeProfit – profit target as % of the current price.
- StepPip – step of averaging in pips.
- UseMM_Balance – value in deposit currency. If this option is set (i.e. different from 0), then the starting lot is calculated per each part of UseMM_Balance of deposit. If set to 0, then the starting lot is fixed and equals StartLots. For example, if StartLots=0.1 and UseMM_Balance=300, when the deposit is 300, the EA will open an order of 0.1 lot, and when the deposit is 600 – 0.2 lot, when the deposit is 900 – 0.3 lot, etc. This parameter is needed for reinvestment.
- Minimum deposit - $200.
- Minimum lot – 0.01.
- Minimum leverage - 1:100, higher value is recommended.
- Recommended types of accounts – NDD and ECN.
- The EA does not require optimization.
If the day before signal(on Friday) there was a strong price movements more than specified %ATR (a strong momentum or external factors, news), it is possible that momentum will continue on Monday in the same direction and the signal will be skipped. This filter fixes drawdown in the aggressive mode.
- Introduced a new parameter - 'SpreadFilterPip'. The spread filter in pips. If spread > this value, then the signal will be ignored.
- Introduced a new parameter - 'TrailingStopPip'. The trailing stop in pips.
- Introduced a new parameter - 'Direction'. Select direction of position opening: 0 - buy and sell, 1 - buy only, 2 - sell only.
- Introduced a new parameter - 'ID'. Unique identifier for the EA. Used for the best control of orders when running multiple EAs (such as Digger, Miracle) of my design with the same MagicNumber.
- Introduced a new parameter - 'InformationPanel'. Show the information panel, false = hide.
- Fixed minor bugs.
- Introduced a new parameter - 'MarketSituation'. If set to false, the EA does not adjust StartLots based on the market situation and StartLots is fixed.
- TakeProfitPip - take profit set in pips now.
- The number of averagings reduced to 3.
- Introduced ConservativeMode. If set to true, the EA will not use averaging and martingale\grid elements. The MondaysEA will trade only favorable situations and will control risk by using stop loss(StopLossPip) and timestop(StopBar).
- Introduced a new parameter - 'StopLossPip'. For ConservativeMode=true only. Stop loss in pips from the entry price.
- Introduced a new parameter - 'StopBar'. For ConservativeMode=true only. 'StopBar' - number of bars after which the position will be force closed if trade does not complete in TakeProfit or StopLoss.