Currency Strength Basket Trader
The Automated EA program trades a basket of multiple currency pairs at the same time on the same account. A total of 21 currency pairs can be traded with this program. Only the Currency Pairs that are set in the Input Settings are able to be traded. The strategy is based on trading currency pairs that are found to have extreme bias in overall strength between the two currencies in a pair. When one currency is strong and another currency is weak, the resulting currency pair will trade in the direction of the strong currency. The program is a fully automatic program requiring no user interaction once set up on a chart of choice. The program will open trades only when a strong signal exists between currencies. The program closes the basket of trades once the Profit Target in Overall Percentage Gain is met. The program is able to open and close any pair as needed when specific conditions are met. The program also allows manually closing of trades if automation is not desired.
By having multiple smaller trades open at the same time in a partially hedged formation, a user is better protected by market fluctuations. Trade open time can be seconds to days with this program. It is recommended to pick a broker with low spreads and fast execution as they will play a role in both number of trades taken and profit earned.
Due to the nature of the strategy used to trade where multiple currency pairs are traded at once, please note that this program cannot be backtested using the strategy tester since you can only backtest one pair of data at a time. Results may vary based on broker fees and other market conditions. The default EA settings are recommended to be used.
- EAcom – Comment place on each trade.
- Magic – Magic Number for Pair 1, each Pair will get a number of Magic+X-1.
- MaxAccountInTrade - maximum percentage of account margin in a basket trade.
- MaxLotSize - maximum lot size per currency pair order.
- PercentGainClose - percentage of profit compared to balance for when all open trades will be closed to lock in profits.
- AutoTrade - when set to true, allows EA to trade automatically.
- PairX - full name of the selected currency pair, if a prefix or suffix is part of the name, include full name here. (Example: EURUSDpro).
- PairX_1 - first currency in the selected pair.
- PairX_2 - second currency in the selected pair.
- PairPercentX - percent of account balance that can be used in a new trade for the selected pair.
- TakeProfitX - hard TP point for each pair. Can be used to lock in profit.
- StopLossX - hard SL point for each pair.
- EnableX - set to True to allow trading of the selected currency pair.
Additional Protections Built into the Program Include
- A hard TP and SL price are set with each trade opened in the event of very large market swings or loss of connection with the broker’s server.
- Trades can be closed manually without disturbing the running program and program settings can be changed while trades are open.
- Internal Limits to Prevent Over Extending of Account.
- Magic Numbers for all trades so if owner of account wishes to run other programs, they may do so.
Recommendations on Usage
- Run on the chart that has the most ticks, such as the EURAUD or EURGBP charts which generally see more ticks.
- Try multiple timeframes, EA will trade differently on each.
- Start Risk small to watch program in action to determine your optimal risk settings.
- Keep Risk low to protect your account from drawdown.
- Do not close trades over weekend as profit can be lost.
- Low spreads, low commission and high quality execution will help earn more profit.
- Recommend $2000 Minimum.
- Run EA on its own account.
To My Customers
Please don’t hesitate to message me about any questions that you might have, I will be happy to help.
Benjamin Patri – Programming expert in development, design, and optimization of automated trading programs with more than 10 years of Trading and Coding Experience.
- Fixed margin required for one lot to show only two decimal places in all cases. Some brokers do not round to two decimal places.
- Fixed closing in profit to only close trades opened by EA's magic numbers.
- Added adjustable parameter for magic number.