PipTick Grid Trader MT5
PipTick Grid Trader is a very special EA that allows traders to benefit from sideways markets. It trades long and short side separately and creates two different grids according to its setting. Both sides have their own account and virtual take profit, determined in money. The EA also uses virtual stop loss based on the percentage amount of the account. Traders can work with classic grid where the distance between orders is fixedly set or choose more "adaptive" dynamic grid with ATR-based distance orders.
This EA is not "plug and play" or "ready-made" trading robot. It was developed for semi-automatic grid trading. It offers traders the option to create their own know-how and procedures. For example, you can decide whether to use martingale or hedge functions, set different take profits for long and short side, use different order distance and many more.
- Take your time to test demo. You should be always perfectly familiar with your EA before a live trading.
- Make some backtests. It is good to know what settings work for a specific market.
- Never use too little distance between orders. The vast majority of grid strategies fail because they use inappropriate distance of orders. Based on the statistics, you are more likely to succeed if you use a larger distance of orders. We recommend to use at least 40 pips.
- Never trade just one market. If you use our EA for trading at least five uncorrelated markets at one time, you will dramatically reduce the risk. Trade portfolio is the best way to avoid a big drawdown. But do not worry, you do not need a huge trading account to trade portfolio. As you will see on your demo account, the portfolio can be traded with the amount from 1 000 USD.
- Never trade before big red news. We never know what will happen once the report is published. Remember, grid strategy is intended primarily for sideways markets.
- Close all grids before weekend. No one knows where the market opens on Monday. If the market makes a gap, some of our orders cannot be filled. For grid strategy, it is vital to fill all the orders that should be activated.
- Avoid the strong trending markets. With the right settings, you can use our EA even in trending markets. However, it is not appropriate to use it in the time of strong trend.
- Grid_Type - choose between classic and dynamic grid
- Grid_Direction - choose which direction will be traded. It can be BUY, SELL or both directions (BUY & SELL)
- Magic_Number - specific EA designation. For trading more than one EA, use a unique number
- Initial_BUY_Lotsize - lot size for the first BUY order of the grid
- Initial_SELL_Lotsize - lot size for the first SELL order of the grid
- BUY_Order_Multiple - value to determine the lot size of following BUY orders
- SELL_Order_Multiple - value to determine the lot size of following SELL orders
- BUY_Depth - total amount of BUY orders in the grid
- SELL_Depth - total amount of SELL orders in the grid
- BUY_Distance - distance of BUY orders based on a fixed value
- SELL_Distance - distance of SELL orders based on a fixed value
- BUY_Distance_Multiple - distance of BUY orders based on ATR value
- SELL_Distance_Multiple - distance of SELL orders based on ATR value
- BUY_Profit - total profit for the BUY side in the account currency. This value should always be greater than the money value of distance between the first two BUY orders
- SELL_Profit - total profit for the SELL side in the account currency. This value should always be greater than the money value of distance between the first two SELL orders
- BUY_Profit_Multiple - total profit for the BUY side determined according to the ATR value. This value should always be greater than BUY_Distance_Multiple
- SELL_Profit_Multiple - total profit for the SELL side determined according to the ATR value. This value should always be greater than SELL_Distance_Multiple
- ATR_Period - ATR calculation period
- Risk_% - maximum risk for the entire grid. It is calculated as a percentage of the value of the trading account
- Restart - choose whether the EA should be restarted when the maximum risk is reached
- Text_Size - size of the text in the chart