Swing and Regress
Swing and Regress is a trading robot working on a real account with a minimum deposit of $100. Trades are opened by Gann swings. The channel consisting of polynomial regression dependencies is used to define a trend direction. A profitable deal is closed near a boundary regression line for more efficiency. A stop loss is set beyond the opposite border of the trend channel.
A trend channel is calculated using polynomial regression lines. Regression sequence is set by a user. A trend direction is defined by the channel's central line differential. A market entry is performed in case a Gann swing in the direction of a trend appears and the price has sufficient endurance range within the channel borders. Amount of bar breakthroughs used to identify a Gann swing is also specified by a user. A stop loss is set beyond the channel border. If the price moves in profitable direction, a trailing stop is activated. A profitable deal is closed near a boundary regression line. Due to money management, a volume of deals is increased with the growth of the deposit. This in turn exponentially increases the EA profitability.
Testing with default parameters was performed on EURUSD H1 on MetaQuotes 5-digit quotes. With the starting deposit of $100 from 01.01.2015 to 01.12.2015, it made $240. With the initial deposit of $1 000 for the same period, the profit was increased up to $1 329. Similar results were obtained for GBPUSD using the optimized inputs (the set file is provided on the Comments tab).
No indicators are required for the EA operation. All necessary algorithms are contained in a single EA file. Additional i-Regr indicator might be useful for visual tracking of regression lines. Launch the indicator on the same chart with the EA. The indicator file is provided on the Comments tab. The indicator allows you to see regression lines constituting the trend channel calculated by the robot. The degree, kstd, bars indicator inputs should be identical to the appropriate robot ones.
The default input parameters have been optimized for EURUSD H1. With these parameters the robot makes 2-3 trades per month.
The robot is easily optimizable for other currency pairs and timeframes. Parameters recommended for optimization are marked by (*).
The Comments tab also contains set files with optimized EA settings for EURUSD, GBPUSD, and USDJPY. The robot can work with other currency pairs and timeframes. Make sure to optimize the inputs beforehand.
- Language messages - English, Russian;
- Initial lot - initial lot;
- Bars in the swing - amount of bar breakthroughs used to identify a swing (*);
- Initial stop loss - initial stop loss (*);
- Set the distance from the profit to the border - distance to the channel border, at which a profitable order is closed, % of the channel width (*).
Regression channel parameters
- Оrder of regression (degree) - order of regression (*);
- Channel width (kstd) - channel width (*);
- The number of bars in the channel (bars) - amount of bars for the channel regression line calculation (*).
- Clearance - gap above distinctive spots (points);
- Adjust stop loss when changing the channel - correct a stop loss when changing the channel in the positive direction (Yes, No);
- Use money management - use money management (Yes, No).
- Color arrows opening orders BUY - color of BUY orders opening arrows;
- Color arrows opening orders SELL - color of SELL orders opening arrows;
- Color arrows closing orders BUY - color of BUY orders closing arrows;
- Color arrows closing orders SELL - color of SELL orders closing arrows.
If you have purchased the product and/or you have questions, write me a private message. Support is guaranteed.