How to Start with Metatrader 5 - page 67

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

All about Calendar tab and Macro Economic Events.

Alain Verleyen, 2013.03.17 16:54

For traders

MT5 user interface

• If you can't view the calendar tab, probably it's a choice a your broker :

This tab may be missing if the economic calendar is disabled on a trade server

Analysis

For developers

• A good demonstration about using calendar economic events from code.
  • Documentation about object use by Calendar (See OBJ_EVENT).

All (not yet) about Strategy Tester, Optimization and Cloud

Alain Verleyen, 2013.08.20 19:47

A must ! Before using it or asking any question : please read the Online Help  (Also accessible by F1 on your MT5 platform)

Strategy Tester

For Traders

For Programmers

Optimization

Cloud

Announce of the launch : MQL5 Cloud Network launched.

As Users

Some useful topic about usage of the Cloud :

As Providers (agents)

Work in progress, stay tuned !

I do not feel mt5 is good for everyone. I am always stay in mt4. everything perfect working for me.

Windows 10 upgrade : what you should know !

Alain Verleyen, 2015.08.10 23:26

Hello All,

I am opening this topic to centralize all information about migrating to Windows 10. No much for now, but important points to be aware anyway.

Stay tuned...

P.S : Of course, only information related to MT4/MT5 will be reported here.

Frequently Asked Questions about the Signals service

20174144, 2016.04.14 18:31

is mt4 installable on windows 10?

Yes, it works:

MT4 NOT working on Windows 10!

Karputov Vladimir, 2015.10.01 19:50

...MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5 work perfectly...

MT4 NOT working on Windows 10!

biantoro kunarto, 2015.10.02 03:03

I am using Windows 10 and there is no problem with MT4 and MT5.

There are some threads which may be good to read before upgrading to Windows 10 for example:

Windows 10 upgrade : what you should know !

Windows 10

How to Start with Metatrader 5

Sergey Golubev, 2013.01.11 14:36

Well ... the key article about MT5 ias this one (my opinion sorry):

MetaTrader 5 - More Than You Can Imagine! 

Do not look at the title of this article - seems - the title is promotional one.
I am talking about content - content is really great and there are a lot of good links inside this article.
So, basicly - I started with this one.

Later on - I can describe about what I like, what I do not like, and what I do not understand sorry.

Just for example - I really like this feature - moving sl/tp by mouse on the chart

Sergey Golubev, 2013.12.15 16:30

You can open demo account on MetaQuotes demo, check the connection (see the image above) and press F1 :

Alain Verleyen, 2013.12.15 16:56

It's not needed to download an other MT5 for Metaquotes. You can open a demo account within your current platform. You simple have to add Metaquotes-Demo server to your list of server. Anyway, it's not mandatory to use a demo from Metaquotes to have F1 help file to work. Your issue isn't very clear. Can you post a screenshot of what you get when you hit F1 key in MetaEditor ?

MQL5.com Search - Quick, Easy and Convenient!

MetaQuotes Software Corp., 2010.04.29 12:00

MQL5.com has gained yet another useful service - now you can search information in all MQL5.community sections at one time. Type few keywords describing desired information, press Enter (or click Search button) - and you will see results page.

Results are conveniently divided into various sections: in each section first go the most relevant results, further - less relevant in descending order.

Consider an obvious example. If you need general information about indicators, then simply enter the "indicator" word in the search bar. But sometimes you want to find more specific information, when search terms of it consist of more than one word. For example, if you want to learn more about indicators of trading sessions, it is recommended to enter "Indicator session" instead of searching for each word separately. More detailed "trade session indicator" query will display more relevant results. 

Searching at MQL5.com is performed according to morphology rules and is insensitive to case of letters. By default, our search engine shows pages, that contain all words from a search query. You don't need to enter AND operator between words in query. Please note, that the order of words affects search results. To make search results more relevant, you should enter additional search criteria.

Reason: